• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About condeming others to hell.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
This topic is something that worries me a great deal.

How can humans condem each other to hell :confused: we are all in risk of going there ( if hell exist as in religious scripture)
It's
Would it not be God who actually deside if a human goes to hell or heaven. Not our fellow human beings :confused:
Yes. That's right.

Christ instructed us to never condemn anyone.

And to never judge a person.

We are only able to judge such as actions, ideas, things-- and even for those, never on appearances, but cautiously.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Actually i belive the middle way is almost similar to everyone, but the level of what feels like middle may be different from person to person
Are you sure? Seems easy to disprove I think, when looking at below random examples?

A1) For a marathon athleet it's easy to run 40 km, for him the middle way might be 20 km
A2) For you, not an athleet it's easy to run 02 km, for you the middle way might be 01 km

And to expand the examples to other creatures

B1) The Arctic Tern flies 30,000 km. That's a lot. But the bird does sleep a little while flying, kind of autopilot (don't you try that while running though)
B2) No other animal flies that much, for the others the middle way is obviously much shorter

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Are you sure? Seems easy to disprove I think, when looking at below random examples?

A1) For a marathon athleet it's easy to run 40 km, for him the middle way might be 20 km
A2) For you, not an athleet it's easy to run 02 km, for you the middle way might be 01 km

And to expand the examples to other creatures

B1) The Arctic Tern flies 30,000 km. That's a lot. But the bird does sleep a little while flying, kind of autopilot (don't you try that while running though)
B2) No other animal flies that much, for the others the middle way is obviously much shorter
My fault :) I was again thinking religious topic and not outside of it :)
I have a habbit of putting religious thoughts before i look at non religious issues of life

stvdv

My fault :) I was again thinking religious topic and not outside of it :)
I have a habbit of putting religious thoughts before i look at non religious issues of life
That was not the case here

You must have been sleepy I think;). When I mentioned the Middle Way, I was talking about health and running, in reply to your post about diet + running

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You must have been sleepy I think;). When I mentioned the Middle Way, I was talking about health and running, in reply to your post about diet + running
I was awake 5 o`clock in the morning so yes i am a bit sleepy head now at 07.00 in evening :p

Nimos

How can humans condem each other to hell :confused: we are all in risk of going there ( if hell exist as in religious scripture)

Would it not be God who actually deside if a human goes to hell or heaven. Not our fellow human beings :confused:
I think its more about the attitude than anything else. Personally people can tell or condemn me to hell as much as they want. I really don't care, but the attitude or self righteousness does :)

The feeling I get from it is probably the same as if someone told you, that they condemned you to the "Great evil squirrel chamber", if you do not believe in that, you are probably not all that worried about such thing. However knowing that someone see the "Great evil squirrel chamber" as something really bad, that they only say to those they believe did something really bad, can be an issue. But at that point it becomes more about whether they have a good reason for doing it. Like if you did something bad to them first etc.
It can be annoying or feel unfair, if one is concerned about why they would think such thing about you. But in regards to religions that believe in hell (as you speak of) and certain people going there. Its all about the attitude for me, that some people think of themselves as being better than someone else, simply because they believe in something for which they have no evidence for, but have somehow managed to convince themselves that it is true, and due to that, they have to make everyone else that don't agree with them aware that they are going to hell and they are not.

Last edited:

stvdv

You bugging me for being sleepy head :oops: How rude :D
No. I am not bugging you. I just give clear replies. If you were really "sleepy head" you would have jumped into bed:p

You must have heard the simple ways of the enlightened ones, I think:
IF Hungry ... eat
IF Thirsty ... drink
IF Sleepy ... sleep

And don't reply, before you have had 8 hours of sleep:D:D:D

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
No. I am not bugging you. I just give clear replies. If you were really "sleepy head" you would have jumped into bed:p

You must have heard the simple ways of the enlightened ones, I think:
IF Hungry ... eat
IF Thirsty ... drink
IF Sleepy ... sleep

And don't reply, before you have had 8 hours of sleep:D:D:D
Ok now i am laughing out loud :D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Examples? What is condemning someone to hell?
It's like the Southern Baptist church I went to where they frequently said Catholics are going to hell, Methodists are going to hell, Mormons are going to hell, Muslims are going to hell; gays, adulterers, the disobedient, those who don't follow god's commandments, and basically just about everybody who isn't a god fearing Baptist upholding god's word and commandments (per their interpretation) is going to hell. It was so bad it gave me nightmares of going to hell, to the point I could feel the mental anguish of being separated from god, and I could feel the flames searing my skin.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It's like the Southern Baptist church I went to where they frequently said Catholics are going to hell, Methodists are going to hell, Mormons are going to hell, Muslims are going to hell; gays, adulterers, the disobedient, those who don't follow god's commandments, and basically just about everybody who isn't a god fearing Baptist upholding god's word and commandments (per their interpretation) is going to hell. It was so bad it gave me nightmares of going to hell, to the point I could feel the mental anguish of being separated from god, and I could feel the flames searing my skin.
Yeah, Southern Baptists and Baptists in general tend to be totally bonkers about condemning people and groups to Hell. They love going on about it in services. My mom and I went to a Baptist church by us when I was a kid for a sort time and it was awful. Loud band banging away and screaming about Hell. We'd always leave with a headache.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yeah, Southern Baptists and Baptists in general tend to be totally bonkers about condemning people and groups to Hell. They love going on about it in services. My mom and I went to a Baptist church by us when I was a kid for a sort time and it was awful. Loud band banging away and screaming about Hell. We'd always leave with a headache.
I never been to one with a band. It was suggested, to make services a little more lively and modern, but basically outside of just under half the youth group nobody else liked the idea. But we did have the loud banging of a pastor's fist and Bible on a pulpit, and lot's of yelling about Hell. I tended to leave anxious, fearful, and depressed, with self-hatred eventually becoming an issue.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I never been to one with a band. It was suggested, to make services a little more lively and modern, but basically outside of just under half the youth group nobody else liked the idea. But we did have the loud banging of a pastor's fist and Bible on a pulpit, and lot's of yelling about Hell. I tended to leave anxious, fearful, and depressed, with self-hatred eventually becoming an issue.
It was a black Baptist church.

PruePhillip

Jesus said he does not judge, but when he judges his judgment is true.
Sounds odd in our translation.
What I think he meant was that only God judges who is acceptable to
Him, but it remains necessary and important we judge what is right and
wrong.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

What about the earth? According to what I understand from the Bible, there are those who will live on the earth. Anyway, not all depictions of 'hell' are accurate. And yes, it would be God who decides who goes where.