• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion: Are you pro-life or pro-choice?

What is your stance on abortion?

• Total voters

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
EEWRED said:
Ummmm....Yeah, okay. Sooooo, your saying that you look at people the same way you look at chickens?:sarcastic
Some of us don't restrict views of life to humans.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
I do. I look at all animals the same way I look at people and I think Jensa has a great point here, actually one I was going to bring up on another abortion thread.
Okay, then I can totally understand a pro-abortion (choice) view in light of this. I would disagree of course, but it does explain a lot. I mean, if you don't believe that people are any better than animals, how can you expect people to act any different than animals? Makes sense.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
EEWRED said:
Okay, then I can totally understand a pro-abortion (choice) view in light of this. I would disagree of course, but it does explain a lot. I mean, if you don't believe that people are any better than animals, how can you expect people to act any different than animals? Makes sense.
You say that as though animals run around killing each other for the fun of it :) Many times I suspect animals can be far more moral than people.

No*s

Captain Obvious
EEWRED said:

While I don't hold their line of thought...I think you're twisting their logic a bit there. That may be the logical conclusion of equating people with animals, but it isn't what either Jensa or C1 believe.

Rather, the assertion is that all life, regardless of if its human or not, is sacred, so they don't kill animals either.

tearsofbezz8833

:tsk: I think a woman has a right to choose and have her privacy, I know that when my bf has sex with me I don't want a baby I am way too young to put up with that.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
While I don't hold their line of thought...I think you're twisting their logic a bit there. That may be the logical conclusion of equating people with animals, but it isn't what either Jensa or C1 believe.

Rather, the assertion is that all life, regardless of if its human or not, is sacred, so they don't kill animals either.
No, I am not trying to make any assertions at all. They said that they look at humans the same way that they look at chickens. That makes it very clear to me how one can be okay with abortion. I mean, if human life is not held as something that is more sacred than all others. I am not trying to put words in anyones mouth, so please except my apology if that appears to be the case.

No*s

Captain Obvious
EEWRED said:
No, I am not trying to make any assertions at all. They said that they look at humans the same way that they look at chickens. That makes it very clear to me how one can be okay with abortion. I mean, if human life is not held as something that is more sacred than all others. I am not trying to put words in anyones mouth, so please except my apology if that appears to be the case.

There's no need to apologize to me lol.

C1 is a pretty strong supporter of animal rights, and she doesn't eat meat. I'm pretty sure Jensa is the same way. Given the support they give to animal rights right there, it really doesn't make sense to support abortion to me...but their support of abortion doesn't stem from this view at all.

No*s

Captain Obvious
tearsofbezz8833 said:
:tsk: I think a woman has a right to choose and have her privacy, I know that when my bf has sex with me I don't want a baby I am way too young to put up with that.

Then, may I ask, what relation does your desire to have sex have with your right to kill a human being?

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Jensa said:
A chicken egg had the potential to become a chicken until someone took it from its mother at a ripe young age. Does this make eating eggs the murder of a chicken?
Not unless there was a rooster around:D ...but I see what you're getting at.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Life in and of itself is not sacred. Sperm are alive. Bacteria is alive.

Creatures with sentience are sacred, though.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
tearsofbezz8833 said:
So then you should be consistently and without fail using some form of contraceptive, should you not? And by contraceptive I don't mean shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Pah

Uber all member
EEWRED said:
Ummmm....Yeah, okay. Sooooo, your saying that you look at people the same way you look at chickens?:sarcastic
No, that's a bit silly and evasive. What is being looked at is "potential".

Yerda

Veteran Member
EEWRED said:

Humans are animals and behave as animals. Make sense?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I am pro-choice, however that does not mean I am pro-abortion. I wish not another abortion would ever have to be preformed. But that's not very realistic. Also, I do not feel compelled to tell others how to live their lives or what they should or should not do with their bodies and do not understand people who push their opinions and beliefs on everyone else.

HelpMe

·´sociopathic meanderer`·
Circle_One said:
I do. I look at all animals the same way I look at people and I think Jensa has a great point here, actually one I was going to bring up on another abortion thread.
I honestly think the title of this redundantly repeated argument should be changed to 'pro-choice or anti-choice'. pitting 'choice' against 'life' isn't fair or right.

jensa(Y)

Pah

Uber all member
md_88 said:
i am definetely pro-choice. i think a woman has the right to choose ***mod edit***
I am pro-choice as well! But the character of your comments are entirely out of line. There are some on this board definetly not Chrisitan and definetly not right-wing who oppose abortion. I think you owe most everyone on the board an apology.

Lycan

Preternatural
A chicken egg had the potential to become a chicken until someone took it from its mother at a ripe young age. Does this make eating eggs the murder of a chicken?
IMHO -
Since by most standard definitions, murder is taking of a human life, so no, it would not be murder...
but it is the taking of a life, just as the slaughter of any animal.
We as humans consume animals, so in essence it is different.

Ceridwen018

Since by most standard definitions, murder is taking of a human life, so no, it would not be murder...
but it is the taking of a life, just as the slaughter of any animal.
We as humans consume animals, so in essence it is different.
Yes. To the chicken it is murder, as would the killing of a cat be murder to its own species. However, chickens would not consider the killing of a human to be murder, and more than we consider the killing of a chicken to be murder, if indeed chickens could consider such things. Murder is an inter-species concept.

i am definetely pro-choice. i think a woman has the right to choose ***mod edit***
I am pro-life, and I am not a Christian.

w00t

I don,t like abortion being performed just because having the baby would be an inconvenience, however, if the woman has been raped, if her life is in danger or the baby will be born dead, then in those circumstances she should be allowed to terminate the pregancy.