• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a question i have about christian beliefs

Abram

Abraham
Katzpur said:
One extreme is as bad as the other, in my opinion, particularly when neither one represents the truth.
The Bible is very clear that you can't get into heaven with out Christ. Only a hundred or more scriptural passages come to mind. "I am the way"

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Abram said:
The Bible is very clear that you can't get into heaven with out Christ. Only a hundred or more scriptural passages come to mind. "I am the way"
I couldn't agree more. That's why I am convinced that a loving Father in Heaven would not condemn millions of His own children to an eternity in Hell simply because they had the misfortune to have been born at the wrong time and in the wrong place. He will allow everyone to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ prior to the resurrection. Then, having given everyone an opportunity to either accept or reject their Savior, He will judge us all.

nutshell

TheGreaterGame said:
The child was born with sinful nature . . . you ever see a todler slap another todler?
A todler slapping another todler doesn't do that because it's in his or her nature, it's because he or she has learned the behavior. The todler doesn't even understand the significance of slapping others.

Abram

Abraham
Katzpur said:
I couldn't agree more. That's why I am convinced that a loving Father in Heaven would not condemn millions of His own children to an eternity in Hell simply because they had the misfortune to have been born at the wrong time and in the wrong place. He will allow everyone to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ prior to the resurrection. Then, having given everyone an opportunity to either accept or reject their Savior, He will judge us all.
God didn't condem us, we did. God never sends anyone to hell. We choose to go by rejecting him. And yes I agree God is a mercyfull God, and he loves us all but he can't force us to take his gift we must want it and take it.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
TheGreaterGame said:
The child was born with sinful nature . . . you ever see a todler slap another todler?
There is a big difference between being born with a sinful nature and being born a sinner. The Book of Mormon teaches that "the natural man is an enemy to God." (But I guess you already knew that, didn't you? Seeing as you know so much about Mormonism.) Without the influence of the Holy Ghost in our lives, we will inevitably sin -- once we are old enough to realize that disobeying God is sinful. But it is impossible to sin without knowing the difference between right and wrong.

Again, I ask you, what sin has a newborn baby committed?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Abram said:
God didn't condem us, we did. God never sends anyone to hell. We choose to go by rejecting him. And yes I agree God is a mercyfull God, and he loves us all but he can't force us to take his gift we must want it and take it.
Excuse me... I am talking about people who never heard of Christ. How did they reject Him if they never had a chance to even hear His name, much less His gospel?

Abram

Abraham
Katzpur said:
There is a big difference between being born with a sinful nature and being born a sinner. The Book of Mormon teaches that "the natural man is an enemy to God." (But I guess you already knew that, didn't you? Seeing as you know so much about Mormonism.) Without the influence of the Holy Ghost in our lives, we will inevitably sin -- once we are old enough to realize that disobeying God is sinful. But it is impossible to sin without knowing the difference between right and wrong.

I like that, well put... Makes me think.

Do children sin against God when they purposefully disobey thier parents. You know that 4 year old thing they do when it's almost cute.

TheGreaterGame

Katzpur said:

It's the doctrine of original sin . . . laid out by the greatist theologians of our time . . . mostly by Jesus . . . "You must be born again" . . . why? Because the first time you were born dead? Do you understand Rom 5:17 and what that means . . . or do you care? Jesus loves the little children . . . but the little children are every bit the sinners we are . . . because all have sinned . . . I mean you either belive what the bible says when it says ALL HAVE SINNED or you change it to mean ALL HAVE SINNED EXCEPT CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF EIGHT UNTIL THEY COME TO KNOW ABOUT THEIR SIN AT WHICH TIME THEY BECOME SINNERS?

Abram

Abraham
Katzpur said:
Excuse me... I am talking about people who never heard of Christ. How did they reject Him if they never had a chance to even hear His name, much less His gospel?
Sad I know but don't burden yourself with the world. God made the mountains so big, and the seas so deep, and the starts so far away so that the entire world would question how, why, who? Hell is real and God's not sending us there. We're already going. He has given his only son as payment for those that chose not to go hell. You being on this site makes you know accountable. Turn to Jesus ask for forgiveness or go to hell. If the it bothers you so much about the others going to hell, share the goodnews. Don't fool yourself, the rest of the world knows the story of Jesus.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life, only a few find it."
Matthew 7:13,14

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
TheGreaterGame said:
It's the doctrine of original sin . . . laid out by the greatist theologians of our time . . . mostly by Jesus . . .
Sorry, but the doctrine of Original Sin originated with St. Augustine, not Jesus.

"You must be born again" . . . why? Because the first time you were born dead?
I was born pure and clean, just like you. I was born again "of water" when I was baptized. I was born of the Spirit when I received the Holy Ghost.

Do you understand Rom 5:17 and what that means . . . or do you care?
Far better than you do, evidently.

Jesus loves the little children . . . but the little children are every bit the sinners we are . . . because all have sinned . . . I mean you either belive what the bible says when it says ALL HAVE SINNED or you change it to mean ALL HAVE SINNED EXCEPT CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF EIGHT UNTIL THEY COME TO KNOW ABOUT THEIR SIN AT WHICH TIME THEY BECOME SINNERS?
Sin is "a voluntary trangression of a religious law or moral principle." You can't sin until you are capable of voluntarily choosing to disobey God's commandments.

And I ask you for the third time... what sin has a newborn baby committed? Are you going to ignore me for a third time, too?

Kathryn

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Abram said:
Sad I know but don't burden yourself with the world.
Don't worry, I don't.

God made the mountains so big, and the seas so deep, and the starts so far away so that the entire world would question how, why, who? Hell is real and God's not sending us there. We're already going. He has given his only son as payment for those that chose not to go hell.
I guess this means you don't have an answer for my question.

You being on this site makes you know accountable. Turn to Jesus ask for forgiveness or go to hell.
I'm afraid it's not up to you to tell me whether I'm going to hell or not. My relationship with my Savior is none of your concern.

If the it bothers you so much about the others going to hell, share the goodnews.
Kind of hard if they're dead, isn't it?

Don't fool yourself, the rest of the world knows the story of Jesus
Oh, get real. Somebody living in 3rd century Mongolia or in a remote African village in the 12th century knows the story of Jesus? You're the one who needs to stop fooling himself.

Kathryn

TheGreaterGame

Katzpur said:
Sorry, but the doctrine of Original Sin originated with St. Augustine, not Jesus.

I was born pure and clean, just like you. I was born again "of water" when I was baptized. I was born of the Spirit when I received the Holy Ghost.

Far better than you do, evidently.

Sin is "a voluntary trangression of a religious law or moral principle." You can't sin until you are capable of voluntarily choosing to disobey God's commandments.

And I ask you for the third time... what sin has a newborn baby committed? Are you going to ignore me for a third time, too?

Kathryn
And I say again do some interpretation of Rom 5:17, Rom 3:23, Rom 3:10-11 . . . perhaps you'll get the fact that when we are born we are already sinners. Adam was our Federal Head . . . when he fell all fell. I'm not sure how much clearer I can be.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
TheGreaterGame said:
And I say again do some interpretation of Rom 5:17, Rom 3:23, Rom 3:10-11 . . . perhaps you'll get the fact that when we are born we are already sinners. Adam was our Federal Head . . . when he fell all fell. I'm not sure how much clearer I can be.
And for the fourth time...

What sin has a newborn baby committed? For crying out loud, if you don't know the answer, just admit it!!!

Abram

Abraham
Katzpur said:
And for the fourth time...

What sin has a newborn baby committed? For crying out loud, if you don't know the answer, just admit it!!!
He told you a long time ago. We're born from Adam and are born with sin... It's not what the baby did it's what it will do.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Abram said:
He told you a long time ago. We're born from Adam and are born with sin... It's not what the baby did it's what it will do.
No, actually he didn't tell me until the post immediately before yours. He just kept ignoring me. But thanks for the clarification. The baby is a sinner because he was born, and being born is somehow a sin. God feels the need to punish him for a sin someone else committed 6000 or so years ago. Christ atoned for our sins, but not for Adam's. Makes perfect sense to me. :biglaugh:And it also strikes me as extremely loving and just.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
TheGreaterGame said:
The child was born . . . that is the answer . . . you don't have to like it . . . obviously you don't
Oh, how stupid of me. He was born! What a terrible sin! :biglaugh:Now, if you wouldn't mind... where does the Bible say it's a sin to be born?

Abram

Abraham
Katzpur said:
Oh, duh! I see now. The baby is a sinner without having sinned. God is punishing him for something someone else did 6000 or so years ago. Makes perfect sense to me. :biglaugh:And it also strikes me as very, very just.
I know our beliefs don't match up and the baby thing is killing me. The cool thing is by your beliefs I'm going to heaven. So when we meet there in heaven we'll both look like idiots i'm sure. Beside I love you...