• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question about Trump supporters

Cobol

Code Jockey
I read where trump supporters are praising Mexico's collapsing economy. These idiots seem to not understand two simple things. 1: Mexico is a large player in the global economy and having them fail would be devastating. I honestly think trump supporters think that all of Mexico is like Nogales or something. 2: If Mexico's economy somehow did fail then what does that mean for America? Yup! More immigrants. Something Trump and his following seem to hate.

Last edited:

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
I read where trump supporters are praising Mexico's collapsing economy. These idiots seemed to not understand two simple things. 1: Mexico is a large player in the global economy and having them fail would be devastating. I honestly think trump supporters think that all of Mexico is like Nogales or something. 2: If Mexico's economy somehow did fail then what does that mean for America? Yup! More immigrants. Something Trump and his following seem to hate.

Sweeping generalizations.

One sided narrative.

Last edited by a moderator:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I read where trump supporters are praising Mexico's collapsing economy. These idiots seemed to not understand two simple things. 1: Mexico is a large player in the global economy and having them fail would be devastating. I honestly think trump supporters think that all of Mexico is like Nogales or something. 2: If Mexico's economy somehow did fail then what does that mean for America? Yup! More immigrants. Something Trump and his following seem to hate.
First I've heard about it. Guess it isn't as common a perception as some drooling internet trolls might like to think. :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

So does that mean when the U.S. economy collapses we will all run to Canada?

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Evidently they were smart enough to get their candidate elected. Not sure we can say this about the other "also rans".

Mindmaster

Premium Member

You realize this is the case in nearly any possible subdivision of humanity, right? The exact level of skill or intellect that makes someone adept at something is also the same skill that allows them to accurately judge their performance/correctness. For whatever reason, everyone seems to presume they know something about everything rather than question their initial conclusions on anything. Ignorant people think they are right or correct while lacking exactly the skills to be as such. :D

Anyway, it's pretty easy to tell what camp you are in when you paint a group of people with stereotypical assertions -- it basically admits that you don't even bother to get to know the subjects of your conversation enough to make an educated comment about them.

Cobol

Code Jockey
Perhaps you could cite where "trump supporters are praising Mexico's collapsing economy" and tell us how you came to the conclusion that this view is shared by Trump supporters in general.

If i were to link the source, you would be directed to register for a premium paid subscription or paywall.

I can for free give you this .

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Perhaps you could cite where "trump supporters are praising Mexico's collapsing economy" and tell us how you came to the conclusion that this view is shared by Trump supporters in general.
If i were to link the source, you would be directed to register for a premium paid subscription or paywall.
So, you have a single credible source that you'd rather not share? Give us the source. It will at least allow us to evaluate your level of discernment.

UpperLimits

I'll add that most computers have "copy" and "paste" buttons. Not to mention there are "fair use" policies that surround discussions such as this. You can cite the reference, and even give a pertinent paragraph or two - all without violating copyrights. Besides, have you considered that somebody else may just be willing to go behind behind that pay wall for the whole story?