• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question about belief.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
1: If we put to much of our own interpretation in to the text from spiritual teaching could that damage our understanding of the teaching?

My understanding is based on experience. Text does little more than confirm my understanding.

When this approach is taken, very little is left to interpretation.

2: Can we be sure that our own understanding of the spiritual teaching is the right on, and others are wrong?

"We" can't be sure of anything.

I can be sure that my understanding is correct, as it is based on experience. That said, my understanding is correct for me. It's not for me to say what is right or wrong for others, as they are not me and have not shared my experiences. Their paths are based upon their own.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Books don't prove God. You can't I believe all religions just in case one is God.

You're making assumptions. I never claimed that books prove God. I never claimed I believe all religions.

But you've piqued my curiosity. What proves God?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
The Shroud proved to me Jesus Christ is the only God.

You have a piece of cloth with a visage of a person and two candle holders. A shroud proves the existence of a dead person that was buried with two candle holders...

...or talent with Photoshop.​

brian100

You have a piece of cloth with a visage of a person and two candle holders. A shroud proves the existence of a dead person that was buried with two candle holders...

...or talent with Photoshop.​

You see it as that. I don't. I see the hidden technology encoded to it.