• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question about belief.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Today i have a very simple question:)

1: If we put to much of our own interpretation in to the text from spiritual teaching could that damage our understanding of the teaching?

2: Can we be sure that our own understanding of the spiritual teaching is the right on, and others are wrong?

My answer to question nr.2 is no we can not say our own understanding is the only correct, nor can we say the spiritual teaching we following is the only true teaching :)

Nimos

1: If we put to much of our own interpretation in to the text from spiritual teaching could that damage our understanding of the teaching?
Sure, if the original writer of the teachings is dead and therefore no way to verify one's interpretations, then clearly the text can change meaning or even be damaged by it. However it doesn't necessarily mean that the new interpretation is worse than the original.

2: Can we be sure that our own understanding of the spiritual teaching is the right on, and others are wrong?
Clearly not, again unless one can confirm it with the person that wrote the original text and can share what exactly was meant by it, then everyone else that make up their own interpretation could be wrong.

My answer to question nr.2 is no we can not say our own understanding is the only correct, nor can we say the spiritual teaching we following is the only true teaching :)
I guess you are right in that, especially if we are talking every detail, but if you look at the teachings in a broader sense, one could argue that they are following the teaching, and for the most part they probably do, but then they simply might misunderstand or misinterpret minor things, which overall might not be of any concern in regards to the overall teaching.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Sure, if the original writer of the teachings is dead and therefore no way to verify one's interpretations, then clearly the text can change meaning or even be damaged by it. However it doesn't necessarily mean that the new interpretation is worse than the original.

Clearly not, again unless one can confirm it with the person that wrote the original text and can share what exactly was meant by it, then everyone else that make up their own interpretation could be wrong.

I guess you are right in that, especially if we are talking every detail, but if you look at the teachings in a broader sense, one could argue that they are following the teaching, and for the most part they probably do, but then they simply might misunderstand or misinterpret minor things, which overall might not be of any concern in regards to the overall teaching.
I agree with you on this :)

brian100

First you have to look for someone that can make God things. Hint Shroud of Turin.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Well if you believe in something made up what good does it serve you?
How do you know other religious paths are made up? Personally i do not claim Christianity to be false or wrong. It is just a different teaching then the one i practice my self.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Try to find proof of those fake religions.
I see proof of truth in every Spiritual teaching, but i chose to follow Falun Gong teaching and cultivate it's teaching.
If you only see your view as the right one, i can not see a reason to discuss deeper spiritual understanding with you :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What is truth? Pilate said.. You can't hear it..

You must see (shroud ) and hear it (bible).
I can not give you the answer to what the most pure truth is, because i do not know it yet, i only realized part of the spiritual truth within the path i am cultivating.
You will understand the truth for your self :) but the truth you realize could look different then what others understand, depend on what spiritual level we have reached :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So why do you believe what you believe exactly?
I been searching for most of my life for the truth, and the teaching i cultivate now is the one i understand the best. But it take many years to realize the truth within a spiritual teaching so i am still a novice