• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Protestant only chit chat about anything and everything.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
That is another argument I have, the Once Saved Always Saved. As a baptist, I believe that once a person is saved, he is always saved.
In an American History class I took a while back, I learned what we have always called the pilgrims were puritans. Puritans believed that only the chosen could be saved and no one knew which person was actually chosen. That is not what the Bible says! Some people still believe that and it is sad.

Special Revelation

1) I fellowship with a "protestant" group that does beleive in the Trinity as being, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

2) I do not beleive and my Church does not teach that Allah and the God of Jews and Christians are the same God. The Christian God has a son, the Muslim God does not.

3) My Church does not reject "justification by faith alone." What we need to understand is that theres a difference between between being saved by grace through faith, and being justified by faith.

Could you please explain your position or understanding of justification by faith alone?

Sonic247

Colossians 1:21-22 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Can you believe brethren that we are going to be presented before our Father, as Holy, unblameable and unreprovable? Does this make your hearts sing with joy, think how unworthy we are of this high calling, all through the incomparable Jesus Christ. Give Him praise brethren

Amen. I know I don't deserve that, all the credit goes to Jesus.

Special Revelation

That is another argument I have, the Once Saved Always Saved. As a baptist, I believe that once a person is saved, he is always saved.
In an American History class I took a while back, I learned what we have always called the pilgrims were puritans. Puritans believed that only the chosen could be saved and no one knew which person was actually chosen. That is not what the Bible says! Some people still believe that and it is sad.

Hi Christine,
The doctrine of election and eternal security should never divide Christians!

A

angellous_evangellous

The Baptist "once saved always saved" is actually a watered-down version of Calvinism. Basically, Baptist theology corrects Calvinism where it is deficient in its biblical interpretation. Early Christians did not believe either one, however, and both options are completely foriegn to Christianity.

My threads against Calvinism

JayHawes

I personally have trouble with Christians who reject that Jesus is God. Before I joined the Baptist church, I was studying as a JW (I never officially joined the congregation), and ended up rejecting the whole thing when I found out that they believe that Jesus is Michael the Archangel.
I certainly believe that Jesus is God and I just can't agree with someone who does not believe that.

There are many cults out there that claim to be Christianity. If we keep studying, we will find out where they totally ignore, deny, emilinate, or misinterpret scripture. Alot of cults claim that they are the only "Church" that will be raptured or go to heaven. I know of one cult in Philidephia that claims his Church (is the same on in Revelation) will be the only one raptured, and that all Baptist will go to hell....:eek:...i emailed him concerning his doctrine, of course he never accpeted scripture.

JayHawes

Colossians 1:21-22 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Can you believe brethren that we are going to be presented before our Father, as Holy, unblameable and unreprovable? Does this make your hearts sing with joy, think how unworthy we are of this high calling, all through the incomparable Jesus Christ. Give Him praise brethren

I know, is so wonderful that God would find it in his heart, to die for someone like me, to reconile me unto him. I dont deserve it, but he saw fit. Praises be unto God.

A

angellous_evangellous

It always has... the early Christians (from the NT times to about the 4th century) struggled with this. They all thought salvation could be "lost" (or rather undone by sin) but some thought that some sins could not be forgiven, namely reversing one's confession of Christ. That is, everyone understood that a sinning Christian would go to hell, but some disagreed as to whether or not a repentant Christian would be forgiven.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Hey Brother Paul,
I would love to chit chat on this Thread. However, I think we may be unequally yoked without defining essential doctrines of the Faith. I will not offer my hand of fellowship with those who reject justification by faith alone.

If you started another fellowship Thread, I would want an agreement of the deity of Christ, the Trinity, Sola Scriptura, and the doctrine of justification by faith alone. Otherwise, the fellowship Thread will end up being a debate Thread. It's a sad day that Evangelical Christianity has to be defined like this.

I do agree brother, I never expected non protestants to join in, but words have lost their meaning in todays society, even evangelical can mean just about anything now.

It is obviously a deliberate ploy to set the cat amongst the pigeons and spoil our fellowship, don't bite brother it's not worth it. Save it for all of your one on ones lol,

JayHawes

The Baptist "once saved always saved" is actually a watered-down version of Calvinism. Basically, Baptist theology corrects Calvinism where it is deficient in its biblical interpretation. Early Christians did not believe either one, however, and both options are completely foriegn to Christianity.

My threads against Calvinism

Once saved always saved, is not foriegn to Christianity.

1jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Heb 5:9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation

I could continue quoting countless scripture, and to explain them. But theres no need really....I cover this topic in my book, its very interesting, perhaps I could post some here to explain "once saved always saved."

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Hi Christine,

Don't worry, that is an "agree to disagree" thing with me. It don't agree with it, but I don't think that any one who believes it is not saved.
The fact is, I do believe there are some people who are chosen and others who are called. Most Christians are called, they are Christians because they listened to God's voice. There are a few that I believe that become believers because God wants them to. Both called and chosen are saved. That is what I gathered from reading the bible. Like any other opinion, it could be wrong, but as for now, that is what I believe. :cool:

JayHawes

It always has... the early Christians (from the NT times to about the 4th century) struggled with this. They all thought salvation could be "lost" (or rather undone by sin) but some thought that some sins could not be forgiven, namely reversing one's confession of Christ. That is, everyone understood that a sinning Christian would go to hell, but some disagreed as to whether or not a repentant Christian would be forgiven.

What some to understand is that we didn't gain our salvation based on whether we sinned or not. Therefore not recieveing it based on our own sin, we dont loose it based on our own sin. Becuase Jesus died for our sins, we dont loose salvation because of our sins. Instead we can loose fellowship, or our connection with God becuase of our sin. The Bible teaches:
1jo 1:9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

JayHawes

[/color]

I wouldn't expect large fundamentalist churches anywhere in the South to have a large minority contingency or women serving in ministry. I am shocked beyond words that homosexuals are serving out there.

Most pastors don't pay attention in seminary... :thud:

There are alot of female ministers where I live. Some even pastor their own Church. Homosexcuals too are rampant. There are plenty of gay muscians here, I know many of them.:sarcastic We, just like most of the Christian World are not excluede from apostasy just becasue of our location.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
The "once saved always saved" or not was the biggest debate subject on another Christian Forum I post at. Both sides had good arguments and quotes to back up their beliefs. After debating them for a while, I decided it didn't really matter. I just learned to accept that others may have a different understanding of the scriptures than I do. :)

A

angellous_evangellous

There are alot of female ministers where I live. Some even pastor their own Church. Homosexcuals too are rampant. There are plenty of gay muscians here, I know many of them.:sarcastic We, just like most of the Christian World are not excluede from apostasy just becasue of our location.

Honestly, I don't believe it.

JayHawes

Could you please explain your position or understanding of justification by faith alone?

A man's works are justified by his faith. Having faith then, produeces good works. The Bible is clear:

Ro 3:28Therefore we conclude that a man is JUSTIFIED by FAITH without the deeds of the law.

Ro 5:1Therefore being JUSTIFIED by FAITH, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Ga 2:16Knowing that a man is not JUSTIFIED by the works of the law, but by the FAITH of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be JUSTIFIED by the FAITH of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be JUSTIFIED.

Ga 3:11But that no man is JUSTIFIED by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by FAITH.

Ga 3:24Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be JUSTIFIED by FAITH.

Jas 2:24Ye see then how that by works a man is JUSTIFIED, and not by FAITH only. (referring to works that proove one has Faith).

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Where I live there seems to be more black Churches than white churches. There are, to my knowledge 6 white churches that i personally know of. Some of our churches are intergrated though. Are you anti-black though? or Anti-black women, being in Church? It seems so by how you wrote it.
What do you mean White Church?... I did not know there were any .... what do you have to believe to be a member?

What I was trying to say is that there are too many pastors teaching things that they dont understand. The example i gave was that one pastor said he could die and go to hell at any moment, while Jesus said "no man can pluck them out of my hands." One needs to be sure of their salvation, not live everyday wondering.
[/QUOTE]

No one is sure....
To be saved is not a once and for ever thing......
A mass murderer may have been saved once.
God is the only one who saves.... and knows who he saves.
Any one can be on the No list , come that day.