• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Protestant only chit chat about anything and everything.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't even bother talking to gays about what the Bible says. They don't want to believe it. I just pray for them and love them and hope that they will leave their sin. I don't know how to tell them, no matter how loving I put it, they will just call be a hateful bigot. It should not hurt me, as I am not a hateful bigot, but it does.
This verse says it all:
Lev 18:22 You shall not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is abomination to God.

JayHawes

I read the Bible, in fact, I have every book in the Bible at least once (the only ones I have read only once are the Law books, Deuteronomy, Leviticus, and Numbers). I have also read the gnostic gospels (don't worry, after reading I know why they were not included in the Bible, :) ). Each time I read a book, I learn something new. I keep adding to my faith each day.
The biggest thing I have learned is that it is a hard path to follow. I watch TV shows devoid of any values at times, and I feel like I don't belong in this world. It seems the whole world is preoccupied with sex. I can barely talk to anyone without this subject creeping up. I can't read a book (outside of Christian Novels) without numerous sex references, I can't watch a tv show without sex being oozed from every angle. I honestly get so sick of it. What is this preoccupation with constant sex? It is a beautiful thing between a man and his wife, but it has turned into a sport! It has been made cheap by the media. I have to monitor what my kids watch carefully- my son has decided he likes rap and wants to watch MTV and MTV2, but I had to block those channels since the videos sometimes can get so vulgar. He also wants to listen to heavy metal, but that is pretty bad too. I decided that he can only listen to old school rap from the 80s, which had very few sexual references.
Sorry for this long post, I got started and couldn't stop. ;)

I grew up listening to rap, and R & B, and i turned out just fine. I was even liscenced to preach the Gospel. :D . Not having raised any children, but having my own nephews i understand the viewpoint you have. But filtering your child may backfire, I suggest prayer, and more prayer. Sex is all around us, and with it becoming a sport, rasing a child as a christian has become harder and harder every year. More and more they rebel and are influenced by the media. I can understand why you'd wish to block those things. Just keep faith and hope when your child rebels, they all do.

A

angellous_evangellous

I don't even bother talking to gays about what the Bible says. They don't want to believe it. I just pray for them and love them and hope that they will leave their sin. I don't how to tell them, no matter how loving I put it, they will just call be a hateful bigot. It should not hurt me, as I am not a hateful bigot, but it does.
This verse says it all:
Lev 18:22 You shall not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is abomination to God.

If you're really interested about this topic, David Balch's book Homosexuality and the Plain Sense of Scripture is the best book available on it.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Thread. I'm curious...how does someone qualify to chit chat on this site? The definition of protestant has sure changed in 500 years.
Is a protestant is someone who still protest the Roman Catholic way of salvation? Do they need to embrace the solas of the Reformation?
That was what I had in mind as I don't want to get into any debates with anyone on this thread, I was hoping we could build each other up and encourage each other to the glory of God.

Or, can a Liberal Protestant join in our chit chat?
I guess a liberal protestant is still a protestant of sorts but if someone does not consider themselves a protestant i'm not sure why they would want to join the fundies. Maybe to put the cat amongst the pigeons or spoil the party lol. I don't mind so long as our points are not debated, I want us to encourage one another to do good works and to follow sound doctrine and get to know one another and pray for one another.

It's tough... my wife just watch a TV program showing a main stream protestant woman pastor..teaching that it doesn't matter if you are Muslim or a Christian, claiming that we worship the same God.
That annoys me so much, I wish they would find another name for themselves.

For me, I have much more in common with an Orthodox Roman Catholic than a Liberal Protestant.
Me too.

I believe the Anglican pastor on this site teaches universal salvation...that all are saved in Christ.
Universal salvation? No broad path / narrow path? No sheep and goats? No people whose damantion is just, whose end shall be according to their works? Alexander the coppersmith in heaven? Those Paul anthamatises in heaven? The memebrs of the synagogue of Satan in heaven? the nicolaitians in heaven? Well I think i'm gonna go get drunk!

How about Unitarians who areprobably rooted out of Protestantism, should they be allowed to chit chat with us? Thanks again Paul for all of your encouragement as my favorite Christian brother on this site! Who are the brothers and sisters in Christ... and who are the mission field?

• I confess, Salvation is in Christ alone, to the glory of God alone, as revealed in scripture alone, by grace alone, through faith alone.
  • Every tenet and doctrine must be measured against scripture as it is the infallible, innerrant word of God and our authority in all areas of faith and godly living.
  • I believe we are saved by God the father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.
  • I believe no works are necessary or efficacious for salvation it is all of grace which can only be received through faith.
  • I believe in the virgin birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ
  • I believe in the full deity of The Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit who are Three Persons
  • I believe there is one God only.
  • I believe in the literal second coming of Jesus Christ who is the judge of the living and the dead.
  • I believe in two destinations, eternal bliss for the saved sinners and eternal damnation for the lost sinners.
  • I believe in living a holy life which brings glory to Gods name which includes good works and love to others.

A

angellous_evangellous

I grew up listening to rap, and R & B, and i turned out just fine. I was even liscenced to preach the Gospel. :D . Not having raised any children, but having my own nephews i understand the viewpoint you have. But filtering your child may backfire, I suggest prayer, and more prayer. Sex is all around us, and with it becoming a sport, rasing a child as a christian has become harder and harder every year. More and more they rebel and are influenced by the media. I can understand why you'd wish to block those things. Just keep faith and hope when your child rebels, they all do.

Churches aren't very discriminate with this...

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Maybe I can find some Christian rap for him to listen to. I can only hope that my son will hold on to the values that my husband and I taught him and it will see him through.

JayHawes

I love to discuss and encourage each other about our great God and Savior. He is worthy of all of our affection. Thanks Paul for starting this wonderful Thread. I'm curious...how does someone qualify to chit chat on this site? The definition of protestant has sure changed in 500 years.

Is a protestant someone who still protest the Roman Catholic way of salvation? Do they need to embrace the solas of the Reformation? Or, can a Liberal Protestant join in our chit chat? It's tough... my wife just watch a TV program showing a main stream protestant woman pastor..teaching that it doesn't matter if you are Muslim or a Christian, claiming that we worship the same God. For me, I have much more in common with an Orthodox Roman Catholic than a Liberal Protestant. I believe the Anglican pastor on this site teaches universal salvation...that all are saved in Christ. However, he is avoiding my direct question on being a universalist. How about Unitarians who are probably rooted out of Protestantism, should they be allowed to chit chat with us? Thanks again Paul for all of your encouragement as my favorite Christian brother on this site! Who are the brothers and sisters in Christ... and who are the mission field?

I do not define myself as a Protestant but just a Christian. However if you want a definition of what it is, the bible tells us:

Ro 10:9 -That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

No more, no less. No Sacraments, no "good works", no prerequisites, not even baptism must be done other than to believe to be saved. So I guess then if this verse defines a protestant, who has left the doctrines and tradition of the catholic Church, then most of us in the western world are protestants.

Anyone may come, I guess anyone who's not Catholic or Orthodox, may be considered Protestant, besides Mormons and Jehovah's witness of course...:eek:. But of course many protestants disagree, even Lutherns who are considered protestant resemble more of the Catholic faith.

Special Revelation

I do not define myself as a Protestant but just a Christian. However if you want a definition of what it is, the bible tells us:

Ro 10:9 -That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

No more, no less. No Sacraments, no "good works", no prerequisites, not even baptism must be done other than to believe to be saved. So I guess then if this verse defines a protestant, who has left the doctrines and tradition of the catholic Church, then most of us in the western world are protestants.

Anyone may come, I guess anyone who's not Catholic or Orthodox, may be considered Protestant, besides Mormons and Jehovah's witness of course...:eek:. But of course many protestants disagree, even Lutherns who are considered protestant resemble more of the Catholic faith.

It's not that simple my friend. Which protestant would you fellowship with as one in Christ?

1. One who rejects the Trinity?
2. One who teaches that Christians and Muslim worship the same God?
3. One who rejects that justification by faith alone is the biblical truth?

Again, I would prefer to fellowship with an Orthodox Roman Catholic than a Liberal Protestant. Please share your answer to my question above, okay brother?

A

angellous_evangellous

It's not that simple my friend. Which protestant would you fellowship with as one in Christ?

Again, I would prefer to fellowship with an Orthodox Roman Catholic than a Liberal Protestant. Please share your answer to my question above, okay brother?

Can you control this?!

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I personally have trouble with Christians who reject that Jesus is God. Before I joined the Baptist church, I was studying as a JW (I never officially joined the congregation), and ended up rejecting the whole thing when I found out that they believe that Jesus is Michael the Archangel.
I certainly believe that Jesus is God and I just can't agree with someone who does not believe that.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Colossians 1:21-22 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Can you believe brethren that we are going to be presented before our Father, as Holy, unblameable and unreprovable? Does this make your hearts sing with joy, think how unworthy we are of this high calling, all through the incomparable Jesus Christ. Give Him praise brethren

JayHawes

In South Carolina? I didn't know that honosexuals were brave enough to live there in the first place. Are there black people and women in the church, too? Seriously... I'm shocked.

What are you trying to say here?

Where I live there seems to be more black Churches than white churches. There are, to my knowledge 6 white churches that i personally know of. Some of our churches are intergrated though. Are you anti-black though? or Anti-black women, being in Church? It seems so by how you wrote it.

What I was trying to say is that there are too many pastors teaching things that they dont understand. The example i gave was that one pastor said he could die and go to hell at any moment, while Jesus said "no man can pluck them out of my hands." One needs to be sure of their salvation, not live everyday wondering.

A

angellous_evangellous

Where I live there seems to be more black Churches than white churches. There are, to my knowledge 6 white churches that i personally know of. Some of our churches are intergrated though. Are you anti-black though? or Anti-black women, being in Church? It seems so by how you wrote it.

I wouldn't expect large fundamentalist churches anywhere in the South to have a large minority contingency or women serving in ministry. I am shocked beyond words that homosexuals are serving out there.

What I was trying to say is that there are too many pastors teaching things that they dont understand. The example i gave was that one pastor said he could die and go to hell at any moment, while Jesus said "no man can pluck them out of my hands." One needs to be sure of their salvation, not live everyday wondering.

Most pastors don't pay attention in seminary... :thud:

Special Revelation

Hey Brother Paul,
I would love to chit chat on this Thread. However, I think we may be unequally yoked without defining essential doctrines of the Faith. I will not offer my hand of fellowship with those who reject justification by faith alone.

If you started another fellowship Thread, I would want an agreement of the deity of Christ, the Trinity, Sola Scriptura, and the doctrine of justification by faith alone. Otherwise, the fellowship Thread will end up being a debate Thread. It's a sad day that Evangelical Christianity has to be defined like this.

JayHawes

1) I fellowship with a "protestant" group that does beleive in the Trinity as being, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

2) I do not beleive and my Church does not teach that Allah and the God of Jews and Christians are the same God. The Christian God has a son, the Muslim God does not.

3) My Church does not reject "justification by faith alone." What we need to understand is that theres a difference between between being saved by grace through faith, and being justified by faith.