• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Protestant only chit chat about anything and everything.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
My OP is to discuss anything we want, but this is what I want to share:

2nd Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2nd Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 2nd Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

These verses nearly made me weep today, they have touched my heart in such a new way, look at what God has done for us, look at that deep love for the world, look at the most drastic lengths God went to to reconcile the world unto Himself. Really mediate on these verses and think about what each phrase means, it's incredible.

Verse 20 is ringing in my heart at the moment, we are ambassadors for Christ, we are His missionaries, His representatives, we beseech you in Christs place as though it is God doing so through us, we beg you, we passionatly implore you people, be RECONCILED to God.
You are lost, you are seperated, God loves you so much and wants to be reconciled to you and has done what needs to be done, you can have all your sins forgiven forever and be made the righteousness of God in Jesus. Who would not be interested in that?

What is the LORD speaking to you about at the moment? Is there anything interesting going on in your life you want to share or need help with even.
Your good friend and brother in the LORD.

Special Revelation

2 Cor 12
I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell.

The Religous Forum Edition
I know a man in Christ who three months ago was caught up in sharing Christ on Religousforums.com. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell. One day in sharing Christ crucified on Religious Forums.com, he vanished and was banned for life without knowing why.

So, what would you like to chit chat about my dear brother in Christ?

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
2 Cor 12
I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell.

The Religous Forum Edition
I know a man in Christ who three months ago was caught up in sharing Christ on Religousforums.com. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell. One day in sharing Christ crucified on Religious Forums.com, he vanished and was banned for life without knowing why.

So, what would you like to chit chat about my dear brother in Christ?

That's very good brother, this has happened to a few brethren, I was getting worried at one point that they were being individually raptured and I was being left behind,

What do you think on this message of reconciliation passage? I have read it scores of times before but now it has just blown me away with a new comprehension of it, I love it when our Father feeds me something like that.

What are you reading at the moment? Do you get to share Christ much outside of the forums? Are you in the ministry?

Special Revelation

That's very good brother, this has happened to a few brethren, I was getting worried at one point that they were being individually raptured and I was being left behind,

What do you think on this message of reconciliation passage? I have read it scores of times before but now it has just blown me away with a new comprehension of it, I love it when our Father feeds me something like that.

What are you reading at the moment? Do you get to share Christ much outside of the forums? Are you in the ministry?

2 Corinthians 5:21 is the gospel in the nutshell. CS Lewis called it the great exchange, our sin for Christ's righteousness. I'm reading stacks of books, depending on the issues at hand. I try to go back to the Bible when I read too many books. I try to share Christ as much as I can. God gave me a gift of boldness to share Christ in different seasons. We are always in ministry, right brother. Let's talk tomorrow, okay? And don't get raptured from this site. You and your wife have always encouraged me. There are other very good witnesses for Christ on this site. I hope they join us on this Thread. They know who they are. It's 4:24 PM in the west coast in the United States. What time is it over there?

kmkemp

I think the main thing that God has revealed to me lately is that I spend too much time on this site and too little time in the Word. I'm not sure that my motives are always the right ones.

In my experience I'm in the word when I'm on this site, as I'm always reading scriptures and cross referencing things with the bible on here. It isn't as much as during my devotional time, but its still being in the word.

JayHawes

It's good to be able to chat with the brethern in Christ. I myself am a liscended minister, i enjoy preaching the gospel, it's a hard calling, but i enjoy it. I was liscenced back in 2005. At this point in my life I am trying to get my book finshed before shcool starts back. It's about false and controversal doctrines. It's good reading if i may say so myself, when i'm done i could send y'all a copy. You'all could even help me. If you have any good Christian quotes (sripture or non-scripture), i could use them. Thanks, In advance.

P.S. - Isn't England kinda anti-Christian in that they are more secular, and islamic?

kmkemp

Reading the bible is spending time with God. When you read his word he can speak to you through it.

God could speak to me at any point in the day. What I mean is a time I set aside to pray, read scripture, and ask God for guidance through it. While skimming this site I run across Bible quotes, but it is in the midst of an argument (debate) usually and therefor I only see the scripture in the light of its context (the argument).

kmkemp

It's good to be able to chat with the brethern in Christ. I myself am a liscended minister, i enjoy preaching the gospel, it's a hard calling, but i enjoy it. I was liscenced back in 2005. At this point in my life I am trying to get my book finshed before shcool starts back. It's about false and controversal doctrines. It's good reading if i may say so myself, when i'm done i could send y'all a copy. You'all could even help me. If you have any good Christian quotes (sripture or non-scripture), i could use them. Thanks, In advance.

P.S. - Isn't England kinda anti-Christian in that they are more secular, and islamic?

Sounds cool. I'd be interested. What kind of quotes? I'm sure you are aware of many quotes already. Maybe if you were looking for quotes in a specific area, something might come to mind.

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!

Yes, England is pretty anti-christian, most people being muslim or into new age spirituality, its hard to engage in a discussion with anyone about God. Sometimes we go to Birmingham centre with a church we attended were we used to live,to sing, have a preacher and hand out tracts and Bibles, it is getting more harder, as there are many aggresive people, And down from where wer'e set up theres 2 or 3 muslim stalls set up giving out leaflets too!! Or hari krishna people.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am getting tired of atheists, not all atheists, just the ones who keep telling me I am stupid or childish for my faith. I try not to let it bother me, but I can't help it sometimes (especially during my monthlies, lol). These same atheists don't want to hear about my belief, but they constantly talk about theirs. I guess there will always be people who only let the conversation be about themselves and not about anyone else.
I personally love talking about my faith, but I find so few people want to hear about it. Being a Christian is mostly what I am. I couldn't imagine a life without Jesus being a part of it.
Sorry, I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening. ;)

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
I am getting tired of atheists, not all atheists, just the ones who keep telling me I am stupid or childish for my faith. I try not to let it bother me, but I can't help it sometimes (especially during my monthlies, lol). These same atheists don't want to hear about my belief, but they constantly talk about theirs. I guess there will always be people who only let the conversation be about themselves and not about anyone else.
I personally love talking about my faith, but I find so few people want to hear about it. Being a Christian is mostly what I am. I couldn't imagine a life without Jesus being a part of it.
Sorry, I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening. ;)

Yay, a fellow sheila/sister in Christ!!!! I was feeling outnumbered!! Always happy to hear you vent, Christine,youve probably scared the men off though cause you mentioned the "monthly" thing!!!:eek:
I know what you mean, though i havent encountered many, if any athiests in my life, but i know people of dif. religions who tell you there side and not hear yours, alot of my family are catholic, not practising, but they always have an answer if you question their belief, and only wanna say their piece, really frustrating, i know. It'll make you stronger, as you turn to God for support and comfort.
I too love talking about my faith, but have few people to do that with, hence why im on this forum. This is a great thread that my lovely hubby started(im biased, i know!)
At the moment im looking for a job, so i could do with some prayers, and lots of prayer for my final exam in sign language tonight, 6.20p.m. England time.
XXGod blessxx

A

angellous_evangellous

In my prayer life, I've been seeking complete emptiness. I really need rest, so that has been my focus for the past month. I am trying to recharge and get passionate again about my studies.

Other than that, I am working on the Gospel of Mark in Greek, which is really exciting. I've only done chapter one, but I love to stop and meditiate on the message for a while. Hopefully I will be able to knock out five chapters a day when I start rock'n.

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
In my prayer life, I've been seeking complete emptiness. I really need rest, so that has been my focus for the past month. I am trying to recharge and get passionate again about my studies.

Other than that, I am working on the Gospel of Mark in Greek, which is really exciting. I've only done chapter one, but I love to stop and meditiate on the message for a while. Hopefully I will be able to knock out five chapters a day when I start rock'n.

Well, i hope you get some rest, AE.
Are you some kinda preacher or work in teaching? Or do you just enjoy studying the Bible? You know, i really wish i was good at meditating on the word and studying, im studying Romans and its the first book of the Bible ive decided to study on my own, its hard,but im persevering with it, really wanna do this with all the Bible, but i reckon ill be raptured by then, the amount of time itll take me!!!:D

A

angellous_evangellous

Well, i hope you get some rest, AE.
Are you some kinda preacher or work in teaching? Or do you just enjoy studying the Bible? You know, i really wish i was good at meditating on the word and studying, im studying Romans and its the first book of the Bible ive decided to study on my own, its hard,but im persevering with it, really wanna do this with all the Bible, but i reckon ill be raptured by then, the amount of time itll take me!!!:D

I am working on a phd in New Testament... on summer vacation now.

JayHawes

Sounds cool. I'd be interested. What kind of quotes? I'm sure you are aware of many quotes already. Maybe if you were looking for quotes in a specific area, something might come to mind.

I'm looking for quotes about;
1)Wisdom
2)The Holy spirit
3)Understanding
4)Not understanding/ignorance

I cover these following topics, quotes relating to them would be helpful:

1) Salvation
2) Eternal Salvation
3) Tithing
4) Christian are gods (covering the topic)
5) Speaking in tounges
6) The number of the beast
7) Propserity
8) THe trinity
9) Homosexuality in the Church
10)Purgatory, hell and the Lake of Fire
11) Marriage, divorce and remarriage
12) The coming of Jesus Christ and the rapture

Anything yall could help me with I would appreciate.

JayHawes

Yes, England is pretty anti-christian, most people being muslim or into new age spirituality, its hard to engage in a discussion with anyone about God. Sometimes we go to Birmingham centre with a church we attended were we used to live,to sing, have a preacher and hand out tracts and Bibles, it is getting more harder, as there are many aggresive people, And down from where wer'e set up theres 2 or 3 muslim stalls set up giving out leaflets too!! Or hari krishna people.

Stay strong

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first...." 2 Th 2:3

Stay Strong, sister, even though many outnumber you. Because great will be your reward in heaven. God bless you.

JayHawes

2ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

2ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

2ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

2ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

In what ways have y'all seen this prophecy come true?

P.S.- If you have any question dont hisitate to ask them especiallt in your time of study if you can't understand one verse dont mind pasting it.;)