• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A More Compassionate Response to Abortion

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's not autonomous? Well what is autonomous? Are children likely to survive without the help of adults before they turn 3 years old? Not likely ... not at all likely.

They still rely on their mother's milk. So something of a "parasite" really like that's the reasoning that abortionists use. It's nothing but a parasite.
If its ability to live depends upon being physically hooked up to another it is not autonomous.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser
Are you talking about counseling about regarding getting pregnant or about abortions?
I was asking particularly about the abortion procedure itself, was not aware the counseling was in a separate institution. I'm pretty ignorant to all the bureaucratic loops/hoops required of these already stressed individuals, if I'm being honest.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Right before the it's going to be born? Let's say it's about to be born but they decide to abort it? That's not murder?
That was already almost nonexistent and legally banned in many states. Roe v Wade allowed banning of late term abortions. Unless the life of the mother was threatened.

74x12

we're not eating fetuses. ugh

and that breath literally meant the spirit

H5397 - nᵊšāmâ - Strong's Hebrew Lexicon (kjv)
I would argue that since we are using cells and organs from aborted fetuses that we are in effect committing a form of cannibalism. So have to disagree. We kind of are eating them.

If it meant the spirit then what's the problem? Are you saying that you dont' get your spirit until your lungs work? That's not Biblical. What you're doing is conflating one instance where Adam was created from dirt and applying that to all his offspring. Since then really, if you think about it we've all been a continuation of living cells from Adam so there is no need for this to keep on occuring is there? I don't know when the spirit comes into the baby but I doubt it's when it draws it's first breath after birth.

If we take a look at Psalm 139:13-17 we find that God's already recording people before they're even finished being formed in the womb. A kind of predestiny perhaps. But still this means to God they live. I think he certainly intends them to live doesn't he?

So why does he cover them in their mother's womb if they're just cancer?

74x12

That was already almost nonexistent and legally banned in many states. Roe v Wade allowed banning of late term abortions. Unless the life of the mother was threatened.
But not in all states. Besides, we all know you can be born premature (as I was) and you can still live outside the womb.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I was asking particularly about the abortion procedure itself, was not aware the counseling was in a separate institution. I'm pretty ignorant to all the bureaucratic loops/hoops required of these already stressed individuals, if I'm being honest.

It varies with countries. Remember it is an international forum. And yes, for this subject we usually end up in the USA. :):)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes, but please don't make those absolute statements. I mean I am neither just a pro-choice or pro-life, because both are too simple in my view.
Okay, and I agree with you on that. Very late term abortions are very rare, and usually done if the mothers life is threatened and more rarely if the fetus is nonviable.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But not in all states. Besides, we all know you can be born premature (as I was) and you can still live outside the womb.
Now you are moving the goalposts and making an unjustified assumption.

Let's say that abortions of viable fetuses are banned, except when it threatens the life of the mother. How would it affect the number of abortions?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I would argue that since we are using cells and organs from aborted fetuses that we are in effect committing a form of cannibalism. So have to disagree. We kind of are eating them.

If it meant the spirit then what's the problem? Are you saying that you dont' get your spirit until your lungs work? That's not Biblical. What you're doing is conflating one instance where Adam was created from dirt and applying that to all his offspring. Since then really, if you think about it we've all been a continuation of living cells from Adam so there is no need for this to keep on occuring is there? I don't know when the spirit comes into the baby but I doubt it's when it draws it's first breath after birth.

If we take a look at Psalm 139:13-17 we find that God's already recording people before they're even finished being formed in the womb. A kind of predestiny perhaps. But still this means to God they live. I think he certainly intends them to live doesn't he?

So why does he cover them in their mother's womb if they're just cancer?

per the bible, the spirit does not enter into that flesh, that form, until just a few hours before/after birth. it doesn't have the breath of life, the spirit of god in it per the bible. this is why the spirit overshadowed mary. waiting to take possession of what would be called emmanual. a savior born to us. not a fetus in a womb that didn't have a name yet.

the self-righteous right are concerned with the flesh and not the spirit.

neither the spirit incarnating, nor the mother's.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
They deal with a number of things from birth contol to cancer.

Llike I said, maybe we need more places that teach about and provide contraceptives.
You didn't answer my second question. But it appears that you are saying that we need more places like Planned Parenthood. In neighborhoods with a PP the abortion rates are lower than in areas without one.

We Never Know

No Slack
You didn't answer my second question. But it appears that you are saying that we need more places like Planned Parenthood. In neighborhoods with a PP the abortion rates are lower than in areas without one.

Your second question is irrelevant to me. Its not up to me why or why not anyone should do anything.

I'm saying exactly what I said.."we need more places that teach about and provide contraceptives"

74x12

per the bible, the spirit does not enter into that flesh, that form, until just a few hours before/after birth. it doesn't have the breath of life, the spirit of god in it per the bible. this is why the spirit overshadowed mary. waiting to take possession of what would be called emmanual. a savior born to us. not a fetus in a womb that didn't have a name yet.

the self-righteous right are concerned with the flesh and not the spirit.

neither the spirit incarnating, nor the mother's.
That's not in the Bible. In fact we see the holy Spirit fills John the baptist even from his mother's womb according to Luke 1:15. In Luke 1:41 John in his mother's womb even leaps because of the presence of Mary the mother of Jesus. So we see that the holy Spirit was already in John in the womb or he wouldn't leap.

We Never Know

No Slack
That's not in the Bible. In fact we see the holy Spirit fills John the baptist even from his mother's womb according to Luke 1:15. In Luke 1:41 John in his mother's womb even leaps because of the presence of Mary the mother of Jesus. So we see that the holy Spirit was already in John in the womb or he wouldn't leap.

When the spirit, (breath of life) enters into the formed body, that person becomes a living soul. Ecclesiastes 12:7

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Or perhaps her fetus just kicked her at an opportune moment. It appears that you are trying to read that verse too literally.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
if a person was pro-life, would it be a better response to offer someone who is considering abortion, financial and/or physical support? Then at the end of the pregnancy ask the person to release the newborn to either themselves, an adoption agency, or the state protective services?
Ask os insist?

We Never Know

No Slack
We will just ignore that one and pretend that it does not exist;)

I take it with a grain of salt. I didn't write it, those that interpreted it didn't write it, they give what it is thought to be said.

For example...
Deuteronomy 23:1
He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

If thats the case I'm hell bound because my stones were wounded several times growing up lol

Last edited: