• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A monster is coming to my university!

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Ann Coulter will be speaking at my university in the near future. Apparently "various private donors" contributed ten thousand dollars for this to happen.

Anyways, the article in the newspaper I found this in claims that a question and answer session will come after her presentation.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should say to her (assuming they don't actively censor prospecting questioners), or perhaps signs I should hold up or something?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Sure. Ask her whether she thinks demonizing her as a monster accurately reflects the intellectual standards of your university.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My impression of Coulter is that she's made quite a fortune shoveling BS to those who want to eat it, and that she is very happy in that role. That is, her notions do not contain enough truth or fact for her to be considered a serious thinker. So, I don't think there's anything you could say to her, T-Dawg, that would be meaningful to her, other than "Here's some more money".

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
My impression of Coulter is that she's made quite a fortune shoveling BS to those who want to eat it, and that she is very happy in that role. That is, her notions do not contain enough truth or fact for her to be considered a serious thinker. So, I don't think there's anything you could say to her, T-Dawg, that would be meaningful to her, other than "Here's some more money".

Hmm, that would be an issue :/. But my message would be more intended for the audience than her; quite honestly, I think it's genuinely possible that she doesn't believe a word she says and only does it for the money (I can't help but notice that from what I've read about her, her personal lifestyle doesn't exactly reflect conservative values).

Should I go for something that attacks her beliefs, her credibility, or simply go with something funny?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Hmm, that would be an issue :/. But my message would be more intended for the audience than her; quite honestly, I think it's genuinely possible that she doesn't believe a word she says and only does it for the money (I can't help but notice that from what I've read about her, her personal lifestyle doesn't exactly reflect conservative values).

Should I go for something that attacks her beliefs, her credibility, or simply go with something funny?

Perhaps you should go for something witty.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Seems some of this may come in handy:

tob032_anti_monster_spray_300bottle.jpg

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight

It's so interesting how our beliefs about the world can be so different from our experiences.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Oh, and one of my friends suggested doing something like this every time she said something stupid:
wikipedian_protester.png

Good idea?

A

angellous_evangellous

Who is Ann Coulter? :shrug:

She's yesterday's "news."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should say to her (assuming they don't actively censor prospecting questioners), or perhaps signs I should hold up or something?
I have 2 ideas:
1) Launch into an offensive screed which will be grist for her mill.
2) Ask her a question to which you'd really like to know the answer.