• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A majority of Muslims in England are against free speech, according to a poll

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Tis interesting that so many Muslims who object to offensive speech will engage in even more offensive speech & acts in retaliation,
eg, signs showing "To Hell with free speech", advocating beheading those who insult their prophet. It appears that they want to
control everyone's rights of expression by their own standards alone. This is indeed a dangerous aspect of the faith.

I wonder how the questions were asked.

I also wonder, if applying the standards that the person who made the video did, how many:

Jewish people are against Free Speech when it comes to questioning the Holocaust

Homosexuals are against Free Speech when it comes to questioning the validity of gay marriage

Blacks are against Free Speech when it comes to criticizing black criminality in society...

...and so on.

I also wonder, if applying the standards that the person who made the video did, how many:

Jewish people are against Free Speech when it comes to questioning the Holocaust

Homosexuals are against Free Speech when it comes to questioning the validity of gay marriage

Blacks are against Free Speech when it comes to criticizing black criminality in society...

...and so on.
You can't possibly be serious.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If England doesn't learn how to assimilate its Muslim population, then it should either cease allowing immigration or reconcile itself to having a large population of people who do not share its traditional values. But you cannot refuse to allow people the same opportunities you have and then expect them to adopt your way of life. Multiculturalism simply does not work.

Splarnst

Looks like 78% of Muslims haven't actually read the Qur'an and are just in it for the tradition.
Are you suggesting that the Qur'an advocates free speech? Because I haven't seen any evidence that it does. The Bible doesn't advocate free speech either; there was no free speech in Christendom until the past several centuries.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
A rather ancient report...But probably still true.
Moslem's who live here simply have to live with in British law.
Just as they have to live within the laws of other countries such as the USA.

A Muslim who moves from Britain to the USA is will not change his belief about this... but might be fearful of stating what he believes, in a country that is even more protective of free speech.

But when the USA's density of the Muslim population approaches that of the UK, That situation will probably change.

sadiq

Spain, Morocco, Jerusalem

...and so on.
False,But people still openly talk about these topics.
And we all know what happens if you criticize Islam harshly.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Tis interesting that so many Muslims who object to offensive speech will engage in even more offensive speech & acts in retaliation,
eg, signs showing "To Hell with free speech", advocating beheading those who insult their prophet. It appears that they want to
control everyone's rights of expression by their own standards alone. This is indeed a dangerous aspect of the faith.

you nailed it...

'i am practicing my right to free speech against free speech...' :facepalm:

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
Speaking of multiculturalism, TV2 (a news organisation in Norway) did a survey in 2006 concerning various questions that could affect integration.
It's in Norwegian, but here is a link anyway: http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00248/TNS_Gallup_-_muslim_248757a.pdf
They compared the answers given by those proclaiming to be Muslims with those from the general populace to see if there was much difference.

A few interesting results:
Should immigrants and Norwegians be integrated and live closer together?
Muslims: 93% yes.
General: 79% yes.

Do you think of the Norwegian society as immoral?
Muslims: 15% yes.
General: 20% yes.

Do you think it was wrong to draw and publish the caricatures of Mohammed?
Muslims: 90% yes.
General: 48% yes.

Was it right to attack Danish and Norwegian embassies after the publishing of the caricatures?
Muslims: 5% yes. Notice: 94% no.
General: 1% yes.

Should we allow Sharia laws in Norway?
Muslims: 14% yes. Notice: 72% no.
General: 2% yes.