• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A huge problem with the JW religion:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
One wonders if anyone is going to get around to revealing why this is such a "huge problem" with the JW religion...
the problem is that the JW's use what they call "dissociation" against their own that have seen the light. It amounts to an ordered shunning, usually by everyone. Since the JW's are often a very incestuous group that can mean not only the loss of family, but one's entire support group as well.

if you have ever debated with a JW you will have found that they cannot reason, probably due to this sort of threat. In fact to such a state that they regularly break the Ninth Commandment when speaking of others.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
1 Cor. 5:11, 13; Ro. 16:17, 18; 2 Thess. 3:14, 15; 2 John 9-11; NASB.
Yes, one can abuse the Bible to support any belief. Though by trying to do so you take on a huge burden of proof.

One of the many flaws of the Bible is that it does not seem to say too much about people that abuse scripture.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
the problem is that the JW's use what they call "dissociation" against their own that have seen the light. It amounts to an ordered shunning, usually by everyone. Since the JW's are often a very incestuous group that can mean not only the loss of family, but one's entire support group as well.

if you have ever debated with a JW you will have found that they cannot reason, probably due to this sort of threat. In fact to such a state that they regularly break the Ninth Commandment when speaking of others.
And this is a "huge problem" why?

Don't get me wrong, I can see it can cause problems on an individual basis, but I fail to see how it is the "huge" problem as stated in the title.

There are several religions that disassociate.
Some even older than JW.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And this is a "huge problem" why?

Don't get me wrong, I can see it can cause problems on an individual basis, but I fail to see how it is the "huge" problem as stated in the title.

There are several religions that disassociate.
Some even older than JW.
Because of the harm it does to those people. And there may be such religions. Do they have the amount of control over their membership that the JW's have?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Because of the harm it does to those people. And there may be such religions. Do they have the amount of control over their membership that the JW's have?
Other than your dislike of the practice and an individualized argument, you have not presented anything that I would say makes their disassociation a "huge" problem.

kjw47

LOL that's your rationalization? "Hey, it's better than stoning!"

What a pathetically low bar for a supposedly morally perfect God.

Of course we have a choice. The choice is to not accept your ridiculous false dichotomy and not ruin people's lives for thought crimes.
LOL that's your rationalization? "Hey, it's better than stoning!"

What a pathetically low bar for a supposedly morally perfect God.

Of course we have a choice. The choice is to not accept your ridiculous false dichotomy and not ruin people's lives for thought crimes.

In the end--Gods way is the only way that counts--every other way-loses.
Yes, God accepts 0 sin. One cannot be moral if they accept the opposite.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
In the end--Gods way is the only way that counts--every other way-loses.
Yes, God accepts 0 sin. One cannot be moral if they accept the opposite.

When you find some decent evidence that your god even exists, let alone that he defines what is and isn't moral, let me know. For now, humans define morality, and all the evidence indicates we have always done so. So yes, we can be moral without your god and his alleged commands.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
His family is not handing out eternal life, God is--We all choose our path.99% have chosen in error, by their false reasonings.

You havent demonstrated that anyone's reasoning is false, you're simply declaring it, like you're declaring that your god exists, defines morality, and "hands out eternal life." Come back with some evidence.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I have worked for JWs here in the UK but I hadn’t realised that they could be so spiteful.

They occasionally patrol the area looking for new recruits but I am not interested.

They seem to accept that but maybe it is different in the US.

Just imagine what it must be like for ex-Muslims.

kjw47

You havent demonstrated that anyone's reasoning is false, you're simply declaring it, like you're declaring that your god exists, defines morality, and "hands out eternal life." Come back with some evidence.

Most with the ability to reason correctly, knows 100% a big bang to create all of creation = impossible--intelligent design created all things.

kjw47

But you, of course, is of that 1%, right?

Sorry, but the impression I'm getting when people make such claims is that the "deity" they are truly worshiping is themselves.

Its pretty much in black and white who is who to Gods view.

kjw47

then your version if God does not exist. The God of the Bible is clearly immoral. Bible literalism is self refuting.

God isn't immoral-Mortals forced this system to be for now. He told everyone--he will not accept sin. They do not listen.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Most with the ability to reason correctly, knows 100% a big bang to create all of creation = impossible--intelligent design created all things.

I would love to see the actual "reason" written out that led you to those two conclusions. You're begging the question by calling it "creation" in the first place, when you haven't demonstrated that it was created at all.

How much formal science education do you have?

PS - Your religion in your profile has a typo.