• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A huge problem with the JW religion:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I can share his views and Facts. All that know the real Jesus can.
That could only "work" if one is into idolatry. IOW, of one literally believes that the Bible to be 100% Divinely inspired and 100% inerrant. Not only is there no evidence for the former, we know the latter is not true as there are numerous instances whereas there are what theologians call "variations" on the same narrative. The women's visitation to Jesus' tomb is an example as no two gospel accounts agree.

Instead, I would suggest that the power of the Holy Spirit can help us discern at least the basics of what Jesus appears to have taught, and in taking this position one doesn't have to fall into idolatry.

metis

I do not think that Jesus would have supported shunning.
Nor do I believe Jesus would make persistently false accusations (aka "lying") against other Christian denominations and other religions that the J.W. leadership teaches its subjects is somehow morally acceptable.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That could only "work" if one is into idolatry. IOW, of one literally believes that the Bible to be 100% Divinely inspired and 100% inerrant. Not only is there no evidence for the former, we know the latter is not true as there are numerous instances whereas there are what theologians call "variations" on the same narrative. The women's visitation to Jesus' tomb is an example as no two gospel accounts agree.

Instead, I would suggest that the power of the Holy Spirit can help us discern at least the basics of what Jesus appears to have taught, and in taking this position one doesn't have to fall into idolatry.

Though I am no longer a Christian one thing I knew even when I still did believe was that the all or nothing beliefs of literalists were self refuting if one was honest. Christianity does work if one follows the teachings of Jesus. In other words, follow the spirit of the Bible and not the self contradicting rhetoric of the Bible.

metis

Though I am no longer a Christian one thing I knew even when I still did believe was that the all or nothing beliefs of literalists were self refuting if one was honest. Christianity does work if one follows the teachings of Jesus. In other words, follow the spirit of the Bible and not the self contradicting rhetoric of the Bible.
For what it's worth, I 100% agree.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
For what it's worth, I 100% agree.
I am an atheist but not an antitheist. If I saw evidence for a God I could change my mind. My disagreement is not with all Christians but with those that have the arrogance to try to tell their God how he made the Earth and other beliefs that arise from excessive literalism.

kjw47

That is debatable. I do not think that Jesus would have supported shunning.

The bible teaches. If one is a baptized member and they become unrepentant of sin, Not even to eat a meal with the such. Ones family members are not offering Eternal life in Paradise to anyone. Only God is. And you and all you have that is good is because of God.

kjw47

This is Gods will= John 4:22-24-- How come no trinitarian will believe Jesus? He even warned all that they wouldn't know him( John 15:20-21). Jesus even tells them at John 17:1-6,26--that the one who sent him=Father( John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD. verse 6= YHVH(Jehovah) 26 = YHVH(Jehovah)-- Jesus even tells everyone that he has a God like we do-His Father( John 20:17) and stresses that fact to all at Revelation 3:12 --4 x in a single paragraph--Yet they refuse to believe Jesus. How can one be a true follower if they refuse to believe him?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
God didn't lie. Trinity based translations have errors. The New world translation fixed them.
Then there was no Flood of Noah or only two people. The evidence is so strong against those beliefs that the only excuse for them to be real was for God to have planted massive amounts of false evidence, and that would be a form of lying.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The bible teaches. If one is a baptized member and they become unrepentant of sin, Not even to eat a meal with the such. Ones family members are not offering Eternal life in Paradise to anyone. Only God is. And you and all you have that is good is because of God.

Who says it? The Bible is not to be worshiped as a false idol. It does have quite a few errors in it after all.

metis

This is Gods will= John 4:22-24-- How come no trinitarian will believe Jesus? He even warned all that they wouldn't know him( John 15:20-21). Jesus even tells them at John 17:1-6,26--that the one who sent him=Father( John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD. verse 6= YHVH(Jehovah) 26 = YHVH(Jehovah)-- Jesus even tells everyone that he has a God like we do-His Father( John 20:17) and stresses that fact to all at Revelation 3:12 --4 x in a single paragraph--Yet they refuse to believe Jesus. How can one be a true follower if they refuse to believe him?
You totally walked around what I posted instead of actually dealing with it.

kjw47

Then there was no Flood of Noah or only two people. The evidence is so strong against those beliefs that the only excuse for them to be real was for God to have planted massive amounts of false evidence, and that would be a form of lying.

God will show all they were truth.

kjw47

You totally walked around what I posted instead of actually dealing with it.

I deal with truth. Like I posted to you, but you do not recognize truth. The Father requires one to serve him in spirit and truth. You would know this already if you listened to Jesus. John 4:22-24)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I deal with truth. Like I posted to you, but you do not recognize truth. The Father requires one to serve him in spirit and truth. You would know this already if you listened to Jesus. John 4:22-24)
"Truth" should be demonstrable. A book of myths does not cut it.