• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A few questions for Christians

PruePhillip

Much of the Bible was taken from previous religion. No evidence for the exodus. Their messiah was a human, not a god. Yes, they wanted to make sure Yahweh would bless them by staying separate. I don't think all of it is made up, but obviously deities are made up.

There are deities and there are deities. In all my reading I have never encountered
any deity quite like the God of Israel. Just the history of the Jew says so much about
this God. And it marvelous that the book of the Jews was largely rejected by them,
and God largely rejected them in turn, but holds them dear for symbolic reasons.
Says of the Jews, back in the days when they lived peacefully in Israel that God
would call them out the nations that were their 'graves' and return them to Israel
again. That sounded madness. But it happened.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
There are deities and there are deities. In all my reading I have never encountered
any deity quite like the God of Israel. Just the history of the Jew says so much about
this God. And it marvelous that the book of the Jews was largely rejected by them,
and God largely rejected them in turn, but holds them dear for symbolic reasons.
Says of the Jews, back in the days when they lived peacefully in Israel that God
would call them out the nations that were their 'graves' and return them to Israel
again. That sounded madness. But it happened.

Yahweh is the national god of Israel, but his attributes were taken from El, Marduk, Baal, etc. But hey, to each his own deity.

PruePhillip

Yahweh is the national god of Israel, but his attributes were taken from El, Marduk, Baal, etc. But hey, to each his own deity.

Is there a name for this logic fallacy? "If you have seen one then they are all the same." ???
Let's look at Baal:

How did Baal shape the Canaanites?
What did Baal expect from the people?
Did Baal demonstrate any foresight?
What became of Baal's people?
Did Baal have holy texts, if so, where are they?
Over what period of time did people write of Baal?
Does Baal consider himself to be a real person?
How come Baal is represented in idols?
Could Baal resurrect his ancient people, their religion, land and language?

Fact is, the God of the bible is not like Zeus or Jupiter, or even our aboriginal
Rainbow Serpent.

Clear

Premium Member
@LightofTruth said : “No one could be a Christian who is antiChrist. The mass majority of sectarian members deny that Jesus came in the same sinful flesh that all man has. That is a doctrine of antiChrist. It robs Jesus of his glory in overcoming the world and it's lusts.” (post #13)
@Landon Caeli replied : “Now this, IMO, is unnecessary.” (post #14)
@LightofTruth replied : “The apostle John thought it important enough to write about it.” (Post #15)
@Diana Montgomery said : Can you, please, give me that passage or the passages? I find that very interesting.” (Post #18)

Hi @LightofTruth,

Regarding your theory that one cannot be a Christian if they do not believe this “sinful” flesh is associated with Jesus. I find it interesting that you believe Jesus was associated with anything “sinful” (i.e. the “sinful” flesh that you describe.) Why must Jesus' flesh have been "sinful"?
It is also interesting that you think it is the doctrine of the "antiChrist".

Like Diana Montgomery asked for, I also would like for you to provide the scripture(s) you are referring to in your theory that Jesus either “sinned” or was associated with anything “sinful”.

Is this a Jehovahs Witness theory or your personal theory?

Thank you in advance for providing additional information and clarification.

Clear
φινεσεω

Last edited:

LightofTruth

@LightofTruth said : “No one could be a Christian who is antiChrist. The mass majority of sectarian members deny that Jesus came in the same sinful flesh that all man has. That is a doctrine of antiChrist. It robs Jesus of his glory in overcoming the world and it's lusts.” (post #13)
@Landon Caeli replied : “Now this, IMO, is unnecessary.” (post #14)
@LightofTruth replied : “The apostle John thought it important enough to write about it.” (Post #15)
@Diana Montgomery said : Can you, please, give me that passage or the passages? I find that very interesting.” (Post #18)

Hi @LightofTruth,

Regarding your theory that one cannot be a Christian if they do not believe this “sinful” flesh is associated with Jesus. I find it interesting that you believe Jesus was associated with anything “sinful” (i.e. the “sinful” flesh that you describe.) Why must Jesus' flesh have been "sinful"?
It is also interesting that you think it is the doctrine of the "antiChrist".

Like Diana Montgomery asked for, I also would like for you to provide the scripture(s) you are referring to in your theory that Jesus either “sinned” or was associated with anything “sinful”.

Is this a Jehovahs Witness theory or your personal theory?

Thank you in advance for providing additional information and clarification.

Clear
φινεσεω
Jw's are also antichrist. And it's not a theory to anyone who would accepts Scripture as fact/truth. Jesus came in the flesh of man so that God could condemn the sin in the flesh through His son's sacrifice of himself.

Clear

Premium Member
REGARDING LightofTruths' Theory that Jesus came in "sinful flesh".

Clear said : "I find it interesting that you believe Jesus was associated with anything “sinful” (i.e. the “sinful” flesh that you describe.) Why must Jesus' flesh have been "sinful"?
It is also interesting that you think it is the doctrine of the "antiChrist". Like Diana Montgomery asked for, I also would like for you to provide the scripture(s) you are referring to in your theory that Jesus either “sinned” or was associated with anything “sinful”. (post #44)

LightofTruth replied : "...it's not a theory to anyone who would accepts Scripture as fact/truth (post #45)

Hi @LightofTruth
You claimed the apostle John wrote of your theory but you did not provide either Diana Montgomery nor myself with the scripture references from the apostle John which you say supports this personal theory of yours. Do you have any references from John that you can provide?

Thanks in advance LightofTruth

Clear
σεειφυω

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
No one could be a Christian who is antiChrist. The mass majority of sectarian members deny that Jesus came in the same sinful flesh that all man has. That is a doctrine of antiChrist. It robs Jesus of his glory in overcoming the world and it's lusts.

There have been many antichrists and in some doctrine they are members of the Christian congregation who pulled away.

LightofTruth

REGARDING LightofTruths' Theory that Jesus came in "sinful flesh".

Clear said : "I find it interesting that you believe Jesus was associated with anything “sinful” (i.e. the “sinful” flesh that you describe.) Why must Jesus' flesh have been "sinful"?
It is also interesting that you think it is the doctrine of the "antiChrist". Like Diana Montgomery asked for, I also would like for you to provide the scripture(s) you are referring to in your theory that Jesus either “sinned” or was associated with anything “sinful”. (post #44)

LightofTruth replied : "...it's not a theory to anyone who would accepts Scripture as fact/truth (post #45)

Hi @LightofTruth
You claimed the apostle John wrote of your theory but you did not provide either Diana Montgomery nor myself with the scripture references from the apostle John which you say supports this personal theory of yours. Do you have any references from John that you can provide?

Thanks in advance LightofTruth

Clear
σεειφυω

John said to deny Jesus Christ has come in the flesh was to have a spirit of antiChrist. John was not writing to people who denied that Jesus Christ had actually come but to those who might suggest that Jesus had not come in the flesh of man. Like those who suggested that jesus only appeared to be man but was not.

Clear

Premium Member
Hi @LightofTruth

1) REGARDING LightofTruths' CLAIM THAT THE MAJORITY OF CHRISTIANS ARE "ANTICHRISTS"

Light of Truth claimed : "The mass majority of sectarian members deny that Jesus came in the same sinful flesh that all man has. That is a doctrine of antiChrist." (Post #13)

2) REQUESTS FOR SCRIPTURAL REFERENCES TO SUPPORT THIS THEORY
Diana Montgomery and Clear asked for the scriptural references supporting this theory (first time in post #44 and then again requested references in post #46)

3) SHIFTING DESCRIPTION OF LightofTruths' THEORY
LightofTruth now says : "John said to deny Jesus Christ has come in the flesh was to have a spirit of antiChrist."

This new claim you make reads differently than your initial claim in post #13. This claim does NOT say that Jesus' flesh was sinful. READ your initial claim. "The mass majority of sectarian members deny that Jesus came in the same sinful flesh that all man has. That is a doctrine of antiChrist." ( LightofTruth in Post #13)

I would still like to know if you have any references that demonstrate your INITIAL claim that Jesus came in "sinful flesh" and which you also claimed other Christians must believe in or they are "antiChrist". @LightofTruth, DO you have ANY scriptural references to support your theory? If so, can you provide them to us?

Clear
σεφυδρω

Last edited:

David J

I am trying to understand why people are Christians and what it means to them to be a Christian. So, I have three questions.

What caused you to become a Christian?

What does being a Christian mean to you?

How do you think Jesus wants you to live?

Years of childhood abuse.

Nothing.

Perfectly. If you lose faith you are done