• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(-_-)

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Yep, exactly what I mean.

LOL the difference is, I know when I am being a hypocrite. You are not telling me something I do not already know.

Cheers.

Yep, because being a hypocrite and "knowing it" is so much better than being a hypocrite without realizing.

Oh no, wait, they're exactly the same.

Seriously, are you so egotistical that you'd even claim your own fallacies as intentional?

footprints

Yep, because being a hypocrite and "knowing it" is so much better than being a hypocrite without realizing.

Oh no, wait, they're exactly the same.

Seriously, are you so egotistical that you'd even claim your own fallacies as intentional?

I will disagee with you there, knowing you are a hypocrite and doing it anyway, is ten times worse than doing it and being totally ignorant of it.

It is totally impossible to tell a person they are a hypocrite without being a hypocrite yourself.

By the way, nice bit of egotistical garbage you put there yourself.:yes:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin

footprints

So, you're ten times worse then?

Of course, I already said that didn't I.

A child cannot be held accountable for playing with matches, if they have never been taught the dangers thereof or that it is wrong. However, once it has been pointed out to them, if they continue to do it then it becomes wrong and they should be held accountable for their actions.

:yes:

And that would be...?

Just you being your egotistical self, but not recognising in yourself (ignorant of it), but only seeing it in me.

Cheers.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Of course, I already said that didn't I.

A child cannot be held accountable for playing with matches, if they have never been taught the dangers thereof or that it is wrong. However, once it has been pointed out to them, if they continue to do it then it becomes wrong and they should be held accountable for their actions.
So, you're a child playing with matches?

:no:

Just you being your egotistical self, but not recognising in yourself (ignorant of it), but only seeing it in me.
Because that's not what you're doing at all, is it?

What's more, you can't actually specify any particular moment of me being egotistical. Care to show me where and how I am being egotistical, or are you just projecting?

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
LOL, Child.

:bow:

LOL so now you are a psychic? You really do crack me up. Okay you tell me what your little imagination thinks I am doing?

And thus, the inevitable "LOLs" come out.

What you're doing is pretty straight forward: being egotistical, refusing to recognize it in yourself, and instead accusing me of being egotistical without any kind of evidence or provocation.

Look, we could keep going 'round in circles like this forever. I've learned that you're constitutionally incapable of recognizing any fault in your own words or logic - instead deferring any accusation of irrationality onto those who make the claims against you, and the last thing you would ever do is actually admit that you're in any way wrong about anything. I'll just leave this little discussion so that others can come by and see it for themselves.

footprints

And thus, the inevitable "LOLs" come out.

What you're doing is pretty straight forward: being egotistical, refusing to recognize it in yourself, and instead accusing me of being egotistical without any kind of evidence or provocation.

Look, we could keep going 'round in circles like this forever. I've learned that you're constitutionally incapable of recognizing any fault in your own words or logic - instead deferring any accusation of irrationality onto those who make the claims against you, and the last thing you would ever do is actually admit that you're in any way wrong about anything. I'll just leave this little discussion so that others can come by and see it for themselves.

LOL you little psychic you... If I were you, I wouldn't give up your day job.

:beach:

Think of the word hypocrite and what it means. Then read the sentence below.

"People that don't care to understand or are for some reason threatened by another persons point of view will do just about anything to demonize that point of view."

Or were you specifically, talking about yourself?

I wouldn't consider myself a hypocrite for making the statement I made because it was about how people allow their fears and misunderstandings to control their thinking and their actions.

I attempt to learn about other people and groups before I make judgments about them and still those judgments are just my opinion nothing more. I do not go out of my way to bad mouth those people or groups and I do not make silly little placards about them demonizing their beliefs.

I will admit there was a time, when I was young, where I may have done such a thing, but age and becoming more open minded and willing to learn about people has pretty much done away with the need for my unfounded fears to control me in that way.

footprints

I haven't demonized anyone. I have stated exactly what type of behavior I have seen out of the Abrahamic "holier than thou" group. I live within the rules of my religion.

And I am just pointing out, that I have just witnessed you demonizing people of abrahamic religions with a "holier than thou," remark.

I am sure you appreciate this, as you seem to think it is respectful to do it to people of abrahamic religions, and must surely be within the rules of your religion, else you wouldn't have done it yourself.

Albeit from my personal perspective, I really do not like the rules of your religion, if it says it is okay for you to abuse other people. But each to their own, live and let live.

Atheist Waddle Dee

A Simple Waddle Dee
Don't feel bad. They accuse members of most non-Abrahamic religions of the same things. Then they leave church feeling superior well past the point where they give someone an obscene hand gesture on the way to the grocery store, at which time they try to get away without paying for the soda on the bottom of their cart, and then when they get home they shove their kids aside in favor of a stupid football game. :yes: But anyone not of their religion is evil.
How is enchanted one demonizing people? I don't see it. He simply stated that there are some members of Abrahamic religions that are pricks.

footprints said:
Albeit from my personal perspective, I really do not like the rules of your religion, if it says it is okay for you to abuse other people. But each to their own, live and let live.
You like demonizing people don't you?

Luminous

non-existential luminary
footprints you are taking things way to personal...
Anti-thesis did not prove your point that everyone demonizes eachother
Enchanted did not say there are no nice abrahamic cultists.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
...besides, everyone knows you can't serve a meal like this!
atheism2.jpg

There are better ways to prepare such a dish. :yes:

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
And I am just pointing out, that I have just witnessed you demonizing people of abrahamic religions with a "holier than thou," remark.

I am sure you appreciate this, as you seem to think it is respectful to do it to people of abrahamic religions, and must surely be within the rules of your religion, else you wouldn't have done it yourself.

I have witnessed, firsthand, Christian folks preaching about how evil my religion is and how evil Atheists are. They talk about how Satan uses my religion and Atheism to "recruit souls." Yet I have never heard one single Atheist or Pagan refer to any Abrahamic follower as "evil" or it mentioned that they are being "recruited by Satan" or any other evil being. Can you find any such thing? My mentioning people not practicing what they preach is not saying they are evil or in cahoots with Satan. It is my way of calling them hypocrites.

footprints

footprints you are taking things way to personal...
Anti-thesis did not prove your point that everyone demonizes eachother
Enchanted did not say there are no nice abrahamic cultists.

Abuse is abuse. You may not have a problem with abuse, but I do. You may justify that a small amount of abuse is okay, I will tell you it isn't.

Enchanted may feel justified in the abuse that was perpetrated, guess what, people of Abrahamic religions may feel justified over their abuse of others. Everybody is justified for the abuse they hand out, even if they and their own are the only people to see it.

I do take abuse personally, I have had to help too many children in my life due to people who think it is okay to abuse other people. Pagans and Christians have been at each others throats ever since Pagans used to throw Christians to the lions and use them for entertainment. The Pagans had their day, their time, now the Christians are having their day, their time, so far the Christians are proving no better than the Pagans before them.

One day I do hope, for childrens sake, they all grow up and act like adults in society. So far, neither side, not Christian, not Pagan, not Atheist, not any Religion, not any Believer or non-Believer of any description has taken any notice. Due to human intelligence, I know they never will, albeit it will never stop me from trying. Children deserve a better future than the one society has already planned for them. The status quo remains and people will always feel justified for the wrongs that they do.

footprints

I have witnessed, firsthand, Christian folks preaching about how evil my religion is and how evil Atheists are. They talk about how Satan uses my religion and Atheism to "recruit souls." Yet I have never heard one single Atheist or Pagan refer to any Abrahamic follower as "evil" or it mentioned that they are being "recruited by Satan" or any other evil being. Can you find any such thing? My mentioning people not practicing what they preach is not saying they are evil or in cahoots with Satan. It is my way of calling them hypocrites.

Yeah, yeah, and there is some nut running around the planet trying to convince everybody that the moon landing in '69 didn't happen and was filmed in some back lot at Hollywood.

Is your belief a good belief? Are you confident in yourself? Do you believe you are a good person? If you answer Yes to any or all of these questions, then that is all that matters. There will always be people on this planet who are vexations to your spirit. You can either let them get to you, and make you just like them, in this case, giving back abuse for the abuse you have received, or you can rise above them. That choice is always yours to make. If you don't like them or what you see, don't rush to be like them.

Non-believers may not use the term "Evil," very often, they have their own way of sending people to hell, usually by implying they are dumb and stupid for believing what they do. They send them to intellectual hell, or at least try to.

If you personally do not believe you are in cahoots with Satan, than you are most probably not. Personally, I like Brother Pan, don't shoot the teacher of the negative teachings, and not all negative is negative, if done in mutual respect and admiration of each other. Yin and Yang make a mighty team when combined together to become as one, all that is left is balance.

There is an old truism which goes like this, "What we see in others is only in ourselves." If somebody sees you in cahoots with Satan, it says more about them personally, than it will ever say of you.

Last edited:

footprints

"Sceptics are dumb sh*ts who slow the world down. The world has to come to a stop just to prove something to these idiots. Lucky for the world there are people like Tim Flannery who moved on without them and despite them." - Footprints, 2010

We have already discussed that point.

Cheers.