• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Anointed

six is terrified of seven, because seven ate nine.

All jokes aside the number of the beast is 6. 6. 6. six three times. six is the number for man, three is the number for God. The God Man.

144,000 is the number of those chosen to take the thrones that have been prepared for them to rule as kings for the thousand year Sabbath.

144,000 divided by six three times: 144,000 by 6 = 24,000 by six = 4,000 by 6 = 666.66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 add infin. Eternal man.

These are the required number of Jews and Gentiles, who will be raptured at the sound of the Last trumpet. As fire descends from heaven to incinerate all physical life forms on this planet they shall not fall asleep in death, but shall be changed in a moment in the twinkling of an eye, from bodies of corruptible matter into glorious bodies of brilliant and blinding incorruptible light.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you're playing at my place, 777 beats 666 ─ though they both lose to 111.

But I guess different schools have different rules.

Earthling

David Henson
Neither do I but the theologians I've read (mostly Anglican) say that Nero is the most likely candidate, especially since he also fits the description.

I don't see how "Authority was given it over every tribe and people and tongue and nation." would apply to any one individual, especially Nero. The Pope, maybe, but not Nero. (Revelation 13:7) But similarity with the beast in the book of Daniel pretty much clinches it for me. The Beast is political. Governments. The Pope may have authority over tribes, people and nations, but he isn't going to go to war with God.

I think people say it's Nero because Nero was persecuting Christians in John's time, but he doesn't fit the description.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I don't see how "Authority was given it over every tribe and people and tongue and nation."
But that was their world view then.

The Pope, maybe, but not Nero.
That really doesn't make any sense whatsoever, and it's an old charge that really doesn't even get close to standing up to either history or logic.

I think people say it's Nero because Nero was persecuting Christians in John's time, but he doesn't fit the description.
Not only does his name fit 666 and 616, Nero also believed he would be resurrected and then reborn into a new leader. Roman coins had his picture on them. Etc.

Revelations was written for the Christian population near the latter half of the 1st century, so these symbols had to stand for people and events during that time period, put in prophetic terms. When referring to 666, it says that the wise will know whom that is (present tense), so...

No other candidate gets close to fitting that billing, and there's simply no reason to believe that it may be referring to someone 2000 years later. The basic message of Revelation is to not worry, "Jesus and God have your back as long as you maintain your faith"-- undoubtedly a truly welcome message to a besieged Christian community.

BTW, according to William Barclay, an estimated 1/3 of the local churches did not use Revelation. One reason is that, even though it ways it's written by "John on Patmos", he apparently denied writing it (or at least all of it-- plus the authorship is in question because of the pattern of word usage), plus the "millennial reign" has no other reference, including through the oral tradition.

Anyway, ...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't see how "Authority was given it over every tribe and people and tongue and nation." would apply to any one individual, especially Nero. The Pope, maybe, but not Nero. (Revelation 13:7) But similarity with the beast in the book of Daniel pretty much clinches it for me. The Beast is political. Governments. The Pope may have authority over tribes, people and nations, but he isn't going to go to war with God.

Nero was a god who had dominance over every tribe and people and tongue and nation in the Roman empire. I would have thought you would have learned some history on the subject under discussion considering you created the thread and wrote the OP

Earthling

David Henson
I stopped reading after this statement.

Why, because it was incorrect? Why didn't you correct me?

It's actually 600 60 6. The Greek used words for numbers. They didn't say 666, they said 600 60 6. I posted that later in the post. I don't know why I got it backwards there.

74x12

The number 666 is more accurately 6 60 600. The number 6 signifies imperfection, in the case of 666 it is man's imperfection to the third degree, in units, tens and hundreds.

The number has been terribly misunderstood and misapplied.
Yes in the Greek it is 6, 60, 600 but added together is 666. The stigma(numeral 6) in Koine Greek is actually similar to the symbol we call "S" so that's something for people to pay attention to. So in the Greek it's actually chi-xi-stigma.
Chi = X
Xi = Ξ
Stigma = S

The origins of the symbol "X" is a pictograph meaning a mark. Ever heard the saying "X marks the spot"? The symbol "X" has been used to mark things since a long time ago apparently.

This is the mark of the beast we're referring to. Is it going to look like 666? XXX? SSS? Something else? We should be watchful for anything because we don't know the devil's plans yet.

X is the 24th letter of the modern English alphabet. 2+4=6. F is the sixth letter. F=6. FFF?

Most likely the number of the beast is the gematria number of someone's name. The scripture says "let he who has wisdom" count the number of the beast. Wisdom and gematria or numerology have been closely linked. So I believe that no one will understand but the "wise" will understand as Daniel was told by the angel. The wisdom of wise may be referring to gematria and I believe those of us who are looking for these things should be studying gematria and numerology.

Jumi

I've heard close to twenty interpretations of 666 that claim to biblical and some of 616. This is a first with added zeroes.

Faithofchristian

The number 666 is more accurately 6 60 600. The number 6 signifies imperfection, in the case of 666 it is man's imperfection to the third degree, in units, tens and hundreds.

That's all because people would rather listen to man's teachings instead of listing to what Christ Jesus has to say, what the number 666 really stands for, As given in the book of Revelation.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

6 is a perfect number. The first one, actually. So, I am not sure what you mean.

Ciao

-viole

Hawkins

The scripture says "let he who has wisdom" count the number of the beast. Wisdom and gematria or numerology have been closely linked. So I believe that no one will understand but the "wise" will understand as Daniel was told by the angel. The wisdom of wise may be referring to gematria and I believe those of us who are looking for these things should be studying gematria and numerology.

It is rumored that the 666th character of the Bible is Solomon. 666 somehow is about gold or money or currency. Solomon is about both richness and wisdom.

That said. 666 is the number of a man all of us today are familiar with. It is the number of Washington, whose portrait is on the universal currency of the US. "News from Washington" simply means news from the US. Washington can be used to represent the US. The US is a beast raised from a continent (today's North America). The other beast from sea is England. Basically the prophecy is about how the US inherited and dominated the secular education (science based) system from Britain (possibly since after WWII).

This secular education is for Satan to give everyone a mark for them to fight God, such as the rise of atheism and etc.

metis

Most theologians that I have read attribute "666" (variation "616"), to Caesar Nero, and for good reason as the letters of his name put into numbers, along with his beliefs and actions, fit him to a "T".

74x12

It is rumored that the 666th character of the Bible is Solomon. 666 somehow is about gold or money or currency. Solomon is about both richness and wisdom.

That said. 666 is the number of a man all of us today are familiar with. It is the number of Washington, whose portrait is on the universal currency of the US. "News from Washington" simply means news from the US. Washington can be used to represent the US. The US is a beast raised from a continent (today's North America). The other beast from sea is England. Basically the prophecy is about how the US inherited and dominated the secular education (science based) system from Britain (possibly since after WWII).

This secular education is for Satan to give everyone a mark for them to fight God, such as the rise of atheism and etc.
Interesting. My personal belief is that USA is probably mystery Babylon; rather than the beast itself. Freemasons basically founded this country 1776 the same year the Bavarian order the illuminati was founded and their(the Scottish rite freemasonry) religion seems to be a type of Babylonian mystery religion. They obviously revere Nimrod because he built the tower of Babel. Babel = Babelon.

Washington DC itself was formerly called Rome Maryland. That was before it became the capital. The capital is modeled after the Vatican. The connections to Rome are really obvious. Maryland being for the veneration of Mary.

I wonder how you connect 666 with Washington? Do you have a reason for that connection? I'm very interested if so.

74x12

Most theologians that I have read attribute "666" (variation "616"), to Caesar Nero, and for good reason as the letters of his name put into numbers, along with his beliefs and actions, fit him to a "T".
He certainly was an antichrist but I don't believe he is the final one.

metis

He certainly was an antichrist but I don't believe he is the final one.
Yes, but the "666" does not necessarily imply that it's the "final one". Matter of fact, in the wording of that verse it says that those who are wise know who it is, implying that it must have been someone ruling at that time.