• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Earthling

David Henson
I really don't know much about numerology, especially how it was practiced in more ancient times. However, I always been fascinated the 666 thing. Spiritually, 6 is the last number before completion/perfection, 7 . Three 6s comes to 18 or 9, the last number before 10, human completion or wholeness. Just find it interesting.

Numerology is faulty. Take dates, for example. On the Julian calendar September 11, 2001 would be the 24th day of the 7th month of the 18th cycle. But that would be August 29th, 2001 on the Julian calendar. The Muslim calendar it would be 22 Jumada II 1422 and the Hebrew calendar 23 Elul 5761.

The name John in English would have 2 points but in Spanish, Juan would have only 1.

Audie

Veteran Member
Uh-huh, tell that to the Pa Hsien, Tsao Shen, Ch’eng Huang, and the Men Shen.

So you thought you thought you
found a terrif chance to take a
dig at me?

Or,are you really that slow?

I even put in a smiley thing
for the benefit of those of low
perception, so they'd get it.

Next time, maybe I should help you
out with like an asterix? Like so *

* the preceding about superstition is, like,
a sort of joke, a tinge of irony, in that
thinking 666 is a good number is
just as superstitious as thinking it
is a bad one.

Earthling

David Henson
So you thought you thought you
found a terrif chance to take a
dig at me?

Or,are you really that slow?

I even put in a smiley thing
for the benefit of those of low
perception, so they'd get it.

Next time, maybe I should help you
out with like an asterix? Like so *

* the preceding about superstition is, like,
a sort of joke, a tinge of irony, in that
thinking 666 is a good number is
just as superstitious as thinking it
is a bad one.

Oh, you made the stupid assumption that I wasn't aware that it was a joke. Well, that's your problem.

Audie

Veteran Member
Oh, you made the stupid assumption that I wasn't aware that it was a joke. Well, that's your problem.

Oh, sooo likely. Your comments
about my post give that the lie.

You were trying to take a dig at me,
and fell over your own ponderous feet.

You've no credibility around here-
and THAT is your problem.

WalterTrull

Godfella
Numerology is faulty. Take dates, for example. On the Julian calendar September 11, 2001 would be the 24th day of the 7th month of the 18th cycle. But that would be August 29th, 2001 on the Julian calendar. The Muslim calendar it would be 22 Jumada II 1422 and the Hebrew calendar 23 Elul 5761.

The name John in English would have 2 points but in Spanish, Juan would have only 1.
Like I said, I don't really understand it, especially the more modern version. I always thought that in the long past, it was more like a separate abbreviated language with no real connection to names, dates, etc.. Not as abbreviated as emojis, but sorta like spiritual ones. Anyway, just my impression.

Earthling

David Henson
Like I said, I don't really understand it, especially the more modern version. I always thought that in the long past, it was more like a separate abbreviated language with no real connection to names, dates, etc.. Not as abbreviated as emojis, but sorta like spiritual ones. Anyway, just my impression.

I know what you are saying. A lot of people find it interesting. It's a parlor trick.

Audie

Veteran Member
Credibility in an atheist den requires that one adhere to the atheist agenda and dogma. It means nothing to me. I took a dig at you because your comments are smart *** smug atheist bull****. Only I have the balls to come out and say it. No joke.

Not really a joke, no, but with the usual element
of unintended humour. Trip over your own feet,
then get angry and show your "balls" by lying
about me, and using *** for words you are afraid
to say. :D

Remember when you said you were posting for
the last time here? It took what, a week before
you were back again?

Credibility, my dear thing, is about being
believable, keeping one's word, that sort of
thing.

Since that is "atheist dogma" to you, it is, thus, anathema! Much is made clear.

QuestioningMind

The number 666 is more accurately 6 60 600. The number 6 signifies imperfection, in the case of 666 it is man's imperfection to the third degree, in units, tens and hundreds.

The number has been terribly misunderstood and misapplied.

666 is MOST accurately one more than 665 and one less than 667. Pretending as if it has any other significant meaning is just plain silly.

Earthling

David Henson
666 is MOST accurately one more than 665 and one less than 667. Pretending as if it has any other significant meaning is just plain silly.

You're right. It isn't some superstitious horror emblem for an Iron Maiden album cover or Steven King novel. Some spooky tattoo on some kid's head who's about to go ape **** on the upper east side. It's simply a number which symbolically represented the imperfection of man in association with kingdom's of men who are, knowingly or unknowingly directing them.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

you were back again?

thing.

Since that is "atheist dogma" to you, it is, thus, anathema! Much is made clear.

Actually it was only a couple of days. Yet another untruth in the catalogue of untruth we have come to expect.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

you were back again?

thing.

Was it even a week? I thought that it was just a couple of days or so.