• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"60 percent of heterosexual women are attracted to other women"

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I believe the Leviticus 18:22 verse pretty clear.
Recall that "I" judge not.
Isn't in my job description.
@Godobeyer
Just google up information on what the Koran and Christian Bible says about being
homosexual.
Islam has some ......................well, radical, verses and beliefs about how to treat
gays.
Like killing them.:confused:
:confused:

Islam goes beyond merely disapproving of homosexuality. Sharia teaches that homosexuality is a vile form of fornication, punishable by death.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/homosexuality.aspx
^^^ Note the photo of the suspected homosexual in mid drop.
OUCH!
Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Unfortunately the allowed period to delete anything of it has expired long time ago. Even RF allows deleting and editing in 24 hours only.
delete some text is not problem.
If humans Trying to get rid WMD , nuclear ....etc, and not sell weapons and guns ,that would be better too , so safe billions of lives .

Skwim

Veteran Member
I have to prove I'm hetero? Yeah, that sounds about right for today's political climate.
Let me walk you through it.

I posted the following quote, "60 percent of heterosexual women are attracted to other women"

YOU then said "Uh . . . N O." indicating disagreement with the quote: something about it is incorrect.

I then replied, "Gotta do better than that. Gotta show your work or you get no credit." meaning that while I recognize you disagree with something in the quote, if you wish to engage in any kind of dialog about it you'll have to explain yourself.

To which you said "I have to prove I'm hetero? Yeah, that sounds about right for today's political climate." which is a complete non sequitur. :shrug:

RRex

Premium Member
Let me walk you through it.

I posted the following quote, "60 percent of heterosexual women are attracted to other women"

YOU then said "Uh . . . N O." indicating disagreement with the quote: something about it is incorrect.

I then replied, "Gotta do better than that. Gotta show your work or you get no credit." meaning that while I recognize you disagree with something in the quote, if you wish to engage in any kind of dialog about it you'll have to explain yourself.

To which you said "I have to prove I'm hetero? Yeah, that sounds about right for today's political climate." which is a complete non sequitur. :shrug:

No, I don't look at other women. The thought makes me sick.

Sorry.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
That's not necessarily true. The social stigma is just much more high for men in this area, and so there's much higher amount of dishonesty and denial among men.

Well, you could have a point. When asked, women are less likely to try to hide having same-sex relations in their past than men are.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Very true, there is a big social pressure on men to be "manly" and not to be "effeminate".

Despite that all kinds of stuff goes on in male-only environments like prisons and the military. But it's always "Don't ask, don't tell". ;)

I wonder if the stigma is there in some European countries. Like in Italy, men are very affectionate with each other. That's normal.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
No, I don't look at other women. The thought makes me sick.

Sorry.
Why be sorry? You're clearly among (if the statistics do accurately reflect the population) the 40 percent who don't; that's who you are, so no worries! (Of course, if the statistics are not accurate, you are still among the portion of the population who does not...so still no worries!) At least as far as I'm concerned.:cool:

Acim

Revelation all the time
So, to all the women out there, do you find this to be reasonable? Not that you necessarily include yourself in the 60%, but that from what you know of other women it's reasonable. Personally, I'm quite surprised at the number, thinking it would be closer to 25% -33%.

I was unable to find any figures for men that addressed the same criteria, so I didn't bother to mention any that came close; however, if anyone knows of such figures please share.

What percentage of heterosexual men are attracted to other men?​

I find the figure hard to believe.

Going the other way. I truly think 99% (if not 100%) of the population is varying degrees of bisexual. Plausible, but very unlikely, that a person is 100% one way or another. When a study like this comes in, and has shock value of 'as many as 60%,' I take a bit of comfort, but still strikes me as way lower than what I feel (or find) to be accurate. I honestly believe if I got to know the 40% who are essentially saying 'no, not curious at all,' that I'd learn otherwise (that they are actually curious, but aren't going to make that known, if possible).

Milton Platt

1357658814_7781_image.jpg

"A new study at the Boise State University says that heterosexual women are naturally bi-curious when it comes to their relationships with other women. But the report also says the feelings are completely normal and generally increase with age.

Researchers studies 484 heterosexual women. From that group, 60 percent said they were sexually attracted to other women; 45 percent had actually kissed a woman, and 50 percent of the women had fantasies about other women that involved some kind of sexual experience."
source
So, to all the women out there, do you find this to be reasonable? Not that you necessarily include yourself in the 60%, but that from what you know of other women it's reasonable. Personally, I'm quite surprised at the number, thinking it would be closer to 25% -33%.

I was unable to find any figures for men that addressed the same criteria, so I didn't bother to mention any that came close; however, if anyone knows of such figures please share.

What percentage of heterosexual men are attracted to other men?​

Can't say as I blame them..........I'm just a lesbian trapped in a man's body, I guess.