• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

59 ways the Quran tell a muslim how to behave

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
No, I get this, and it is very commendable.
What I don't get is why you think Islam is the best route to achieve these goals, when you admit yourself that you disagree with Islam of important issues.
Sufism (a part of Islam) is the right path for me, again I can not speak for what is right for others.
As a Sufi and in Sufism there are fewer people who read it literally but as a guide to how to live according to how Allah wants us to serve him. And that is what a Sufi try to do, to serve Allah the person in itself is nothing. everything is for Allah.

My life is in Allah`s hands, he does was he want with my life.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
My life is in Allah`s hands, he does was he want with my life.
So you do not believe we have free will and the ability to change the destiny that Allah decreed for us before the earth even existed?

In which case, how does the concept of heaven and hell make any sense? They cannot be "reward" or "punishment" if our actions are already decided by Allah and beyond our control.
That would be like punishing a robot for following its programming.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So you do not believe we have free will and the ability to change the destiny that Allah decreed for us before the earth even existed?

In which case, how does the concept of heaven and hell make any sense? They cannot be "reward" or "punishment" if our actions are already decided by Allah and beyond our control.
That would be like punishing a robot for following its programming.
I have the free will to do the right action, words or thoughts, or the right action words or thoughts according to the teaching I follow, but at any moment Allah can take me away,
I can not do anything about what happened before me or after me.

KWED

You do know that Sufism is practiced somewhat differently than the two main paths Sunni and Shia?
Sufism focus on the internal awakening of the spiritual heart and that is unconditional love.
Yes, but if that requires rejecting parts of the Quran, then I fail to see how you can still call it "Islam".

When it comes to why pork is haram because it is an order from Allah to the follower, that is all I would need to know.
And yet you choose to reject (or "reinterpret") some of Allah's instructions when it suits you, so "because Allah said" obviously isn't always the final word in your eyes. What you want seems to have greater meaning in some cases.

KWED

I have the free will to do the right action, words or thoughts, or the right action words or thoughts according to the teaching I follow, but at any moment Allah can take me away,
I can not do anything about what happened before me or after me.
OK, so Allah does not have control over your day to day life. You do. He does not know what you will do until you do it.
But he does know when and how you will die. He has already decided that?

Just trying to understand what your position is on this.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes, but if that requires rejecting parts of the Quran, then I fail to see how you can still call it "Islam".

And yet you choose to reject (or "reinterpret") some of Allah's instructions when it suits you, so "because Allah said" obviously isn't always the final word in your eyes. What you want seems to have greater meaning in some cases.
I do not reject anything in the Quran (it comes from Allah) There are different ways to practice in Islam, Sufism is only one of the ways and understandings of the teaching. If others want to practice differently that they are free to do.
You guessing what I believe or think is the right practice?

I have a Sufi teacher who guides me, I trust his guidance and I have full faith in the prophets (all of them) and I follow Allah.
Sufism is the mystic path of Islam, so yes it does look different than Sunni and Shia.

I do not blame you for thinking that what I practice is not "Islam"

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
OK, so Allah does not have control over your day to day life. You do. He does not know what you will do until you do it.

Allah knows my future so yes he knows everything, but I have to fail to learn, I am responsible for how I practice according to the Sufi teaching, and Allah can punish me if I do not follow the teaching.

Sufism is not just faith in Allah and belief in Allah and the prophet. I have to change my own being to become as pure as possible.

I am responsabile for my own life.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

My position is to be a Sufi with unconditional love toward all living being as the teaching ask of me, the goal of the path is to serve Allah the best I can do. And to always do my best to become purer than I was yesterday.
There is always something I can purify within my life

KWED

I do not reject anything in the Quran (it comes from Allah) There are different ways to practice in Islam, Sufism is only one of the ways and understandings of the teaching. If others want to practice differently that they are free to do.
You guessing what I believe or think is the right practice?

I have a Sufi teacher who guides me, I trust his guidance and I have full faith in the prophets (all of them) and I follow Allah.
Sufism is the mystic path of Islam, so yes it does look different than Sunni and Shia.

I do not blame you for thinking that what I practice is not "Islam"
This is really an issue of personal belief and not something I have a particular interest in. Suffice to say that I am somewhat puzzled by your insistence that your personal belief system is "Islam" when you clearly reject some of the core Ideology of Islam.

KWED

Allah knows my future so yes he knows everything, but I have to fail to learn, I am responsible for how I practice according to the Sufi teaching, and Allah can punish me if I do not follow the teaching.

Sufism is not just faith in Allah and belief in Allah and the prophet. I have to change my own being to become as pure as possible.

I am responsabile for my own life.
But if Allah knows your future, then your future is fixed. You cannot change it. The concept of "learning" is incompatible with the concept of an infallibly omniscient deity. Not only that, the Islamic principle of Qadr goes beyond this and states that the outcome of all events is determined by Allah's decree. Allah not only knows your future, he decides it.

If your future is fixed by Allah's decree, how can you have free will?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This is really an issue of personal belief and not something I have a particular interest in. Suffice to say that I am somewhat puzzled by your insistence that your personal belief system is "Islam" when you clearly reject some of the core Ideology of Islam.
As I said many times now, Sufism is an inward path (meaning the inward of the person who practices it)
I do not reject anything from Islam, I practice Sufism (mystic path of Islam)
The teaching is there in it whole, practiced the way Sufis did for generation,

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But if Allah knows your future, then your future is fixed. You cannot change it. The concept of "learning" is incompatible with the concept of an infallibly omniscient deity. Not only that, the Islamic principle of Qadr goes beyond this and states that the outcome of all events is determined by Allah's decree. Allah not only knows your future, he decides it.

If your future is fixed by Allah's decree, how can you have free will?
It is fixed in the way that there is one right way to practice, and one wrong (sinning)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Sufism, mystical Islamic belief and practice in which Muslims seek to find the truth of divine love and knowledge through the direct personal experience of God. It consists of a variety of mystical paths that are designed to ascertain the nature of humanity and of God and to facilitate the experience of the presence of divine love and wisdom in the world.

KWED

It is fixed in the way that there is one right way to practice, and one wrong (sinning)
No. If god knows your future, then that future must happen.
If our future must happen, than we have no ability to change it.
If we cannot change our future, then how can reward or punishment for that future be justified?
(Presumably you still believe that Allah sends people to heaven and hell?)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
No. If god knows your future, then that future must happen.
If our future must happen, than we have no ability to change it.
If we cannot change our future, then how can reward or punishment for that future be justified?
(Presumably you still believe that Allah sends people to heaven and hell?)
I live my life happily even if Allah decide my destiny, because I feel free.

I believe hell and heaven are real, and we get in one of them according to how we have been as humans. I have no need to argue with Allah or how Allah do what Allah does.

KWED

Sufism, mystical Islamic belief and practice in which Muslims seek to find the truth of divine love and knowledge through the direct personal experience of God. It consists of a variety of mystical paths that are designed to ascertain the nature of humanity and of God and to facilitate the experience of the presence of divine love and wisdom in the world.
Both the Quran and sunnah promote religious supremacism through threats and acts of violence. That message is repeated throughout both sets of scripture.
What you describe is not "Islam". It may be based on selected elements of Islam, but that is not the same thing. It would be like making a cheese and onion sandwich and insisting it is a hamburger.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Both the Quran and sunnah promote religious supremacism through threats and acts of violence. That message is repeated throughout both sets of scripture.
What you describe is not "Islam". It may be based on selected elements of Islam, but that is not the same thing. It would be like making a cheese and onion sandwich and insisting it is a hamburger.
You have your understanding of it, that is fine.

KWED

You have your understanding of it, that is fine.
But it's not really an "understanding", is it?
The Quran and sunnah say specific things in unequivocal language regarding some issues.
You choose to ignore or reject these things. And that's fine. In fact, I commend all religionists who reject the violent and intolerant elements of their religion.

I love a cheese and onion sandwich, but I would feel obliged to correct someone who tried to tell me it was a hamburger.