• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

59 ways the Quran tell a muslim how to behave

ecco

Veteran Member
What verses were used by Sunnis to kill Shiites after Hussein was kicked out of office?
What verses were used by Shiites to kill Sunnis after Hussein was kicked out of office?

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
The Quran and hadith contain plenty of other instructions, prescriptions, proscriptions, etc - many of them involving violence, intolerance, oppression, and discrimination.
What was the criteria you used for compiling your list?

KWED

Each Muslim will have a little different understanding of the teaching, and they may have a different "goal" in why they are Muslims. I disagree with the way Taliban doing their harassment of the Afghan people, But I can of course not speak for why they do as they do.
The Taliban, like ISIS, seem to have an Occam's razor approach to scripture. If Allah or Muhammad said X, then they probably meant X. If we need a long essay to explain why they didn't actually mean X even though that said X, then that interpretation is probably wrong. They do not consider making Islam more compatible with modern society to be a legitimate reason for changing it. It was perfect and immutable, and still is perfect and immutable.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The Quran and hadith contain plenty of other instructions, prescriptions, proscriptions, etc - many of them involving violence, intolerance, oppression, and discrimination.
What was the criteria you used for compiling your list?
I am not the creator of the list, to me as a sufi, islam is meant to become peaceful and live by love and compassion for all beings, not to harm.
The verses that speak of voilence only count in time of war, as a pacifist i have no enemies.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The Taliban, like ISIS, seem to have an Occam's razor approach to scripture. If Allah or Muhammad said X, then they probably meant X. If we need a long essay to explain why they didn't actually mean X even though that said X, then that interpretation is probably wrong. They do not consider making Islam more compatible with modern society to be a legitimate reason for changing it. It was perfect and immutable, and still is perfect and immutable.
I can not speak for Taliban and their view of the teaching

KWED

I am not the creator of the list, to me as a sufi, islam is meant to become peaceful and live by love and compassion for all beings, not to harm.
The verses that speak of voilence only count in time of war, as a pacifist i have no enemies.
Where do Sufi Muslims get their doctrine from, because what you describe is not what the Quran and sunnah teach?
BTW, it is wrong to claim that the passages that promote violence, intolerance, etc, only apply during times of war. For example, verses 4:34 and 5:32-33 are general in their application.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Where do Sufi Muslims get their doctrine from, because what you describe is not what the Quran and sunnah teach?
BTW, it is wrong to claim that the passages that promote violence, intolerance, etc, only apply during times of war. For example, verses 4:34 and 5:32-33 are general in their application.
A sufi do study the quran and sunnah, hadith, but also thousands of scriptures from past sufi master.
Sufi path seek to purify our spiritual heart, and live by compassion and unconditional love for all beings.
Doctrines is not something seen in sufism.

KWED

My view is that terrorists and terror is a wrong way to practice islam
So when Allah said "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve." he was wrong.
When Muhammad said "I have been made victorious through terror", he was wrong.

And remember that "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter".

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So when Allah said "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve." he was wrong.
When Muhammad said "I have been made victorious through terror", he was wrong.

And remember that "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter".
I do not speak for Allah or Prophet Muhammad, I speak only from my own understanding of the teaching.
If Allah say something about other peoples wrongdoing i do not say against Allah.
To live peacefully and hold unconditional love is the sufi way.

KWED

I do not speak for Allah or Prophet Muhammad,
But surely they speak for you?

I speak only from my own understanding of the teaching.
If Allah say something about other peoples wrongdoing i do not say against Allah.
To live peacefully and hold unconditional love is the sufi way.
So it's peace and love, unless it is disbelievers, then terror is ok?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But surely they speak for you?

So it's peace and love, unless it is disbelievers, then terror is ok?
Allah speak to me through the teachings yes. As a pacifist i do not take part in war, but I would care for the human beings who were wounded, I do not yave enemies. Nor do I hate or dislike non-believers