• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"43 Alumni for Biden"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The political tsunami is building.

'The president is a danger': Hundreds who served under George W. Bush endorse Biden

Hundreds of officials who worked for former Republican President George W. Bush are endorsing Democratic White House hopeful Joe Biden — the latest Republican-led group coming out to oppose the re-election of Donald Trump.

The officials, who include Cabinet secretaries and other senior people in the Bush administration, have formed a political action committee — "43 Alumni for Biden" — to support the former vice president in his Nov. 3 race, three organizers of the group told Reuters, which first reported the story. The group on Wednesday put out a statement announcing its formation.
That ought to make an interesting list.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That ought to make an interesting list.
According to one news report, we won't find out soon unless there's a leak. I'm not thrilled by this game playing but it's a legal game.

By announcing its formation on July 1, the group will effectively avoid disclosing its donors until mid-October, less than three weeks before the election.

Had it announced the day before, it would have had to file a list of donors with the Federal Election Commission by mid-July.

Hundreds Of Former Bush Officials Unite To Endorse Joe Biden

Mitty

I like Biden a lot, but I do sense some slipping there,
despite Trump's poorly done commercials !
I am 81 and in fairly good shape, but there is that slipping !
But surely there is someone out of 320 million people who could do the job better than a couple of geriatrics who might not even last the distance.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
But surely there is someone out of 320 million people who could do the job better than a couple of geriatrics who might not even last the distance.
I know several people I think would be good.

The problem is that they aren't interested in descending into the cesspool of modern, media driven, partisan politics.
Tom

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I read that Trump now has a 1/3 probability of winning.
I'm surprised it's that high.
This time, it's 3rd party for me.
Guess who!

I'm going to go with Jorgensen and Cohen. However, I'm really just guessing, without any clear signs evident in your signature.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I know several people I think would be good.

The problem is that they aren't interested in descending into the cesspool of modern, media driven, partisan politics.
Tom

Not just that (though that is valid).
Presidential candidates have to be financially viable to a very high level. It's a major problem with the system, both at the point of the election, and really year around to be honest.
It negatively impacts on both sides of politics AND limits the ability of a substantial third party emerging.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I read that Trump now has a 1/3 probability of winning.
I'm surprised it's that high.
This time, it's 3rd party for me.
Guess who!

I don't believe the polls because they've been so wrong in the past. Most of these endorsers are unknowns, so really they have no influence. They're were appointed desk surfers, no much clout outside of with the government people who stand around smelling each other's farts.

The will of the people outside of this forum is very anti-Democrat. They like their police and don't care about the outrage of the zoomers. At this juncture, it's not that I like Trump's actions, but rather the Democrats conflict with my spiritual beliefs. I simply have no use for Marxism or Intersectional worldviews.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't believe the polls because they've been so wrong in the past. Most of these endorsers are unknowns, so really they have no influence. They're were appointed desk surfers, no much clout outside of with the government people who stand around smelling each other's farts.

The will of the people outside of this forum is very anti-Democrat. They like their police and don't care about the outrage of the zoomers. At this juncture, it's not that I like Trump's actions, but rather the Democrats conflict with my spiritual beliefs. I simply have no use for Marxism or Intersectional worldviews.
I trust polls to measure what they measure.
And they do bear some relationship to how people vote.
But they aren't gospel.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Campaigning in the RC !
Flip a coin !
Yours's landed on edge !
Try another coin !

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I trust polls to measure what they measure.
And they do bear some relationship to how people vote.
But they aren't gospel.

These polls notoriously under-poll non-college degree working men and women who represent a huge portion of the people who actually show up to the polls. They don't even know how to get to these people because they're too damn busy. So, what they show is largely people who almost always vote liberal, and nothing else.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
These polls notoriously under-poll non-college degree working men and women who represent a huge portion of the people who actually show up to the polls. They don't even know how to get to these people because they're too damn busy. So, what they show is largely people who almost always vote liberal, and nothing else.
I've heard interviews with pollsters who are trying to overcome such inaccuracies.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I've heard interviews with pollsters who are trying to overcome such inaccuracies.

They're trying but none have succeeded. Most of the honest ones will admit to that fact, and that's why there was a "Trump-slide" in 2016. Never seen a group of people be so damn wrong in my life. But, I predicted Trump as soon as he announced pretty much. Do you want my 2020? It's Trump. I've done this as a game for about 20 years, and the only election I really couldn't predict was Bush Vs. Kerry, because I saw them as equally worthless. Apparently, the voters agreed. :D

averageJOE

zombie
ALL of you people who either won't vote at all because you don't like either candidate and/or will throw your vote away on a third party candidate should re-examine your mental marbles! For now, we have a two-party system and one or the other will win. Yes, that sucks, but it's the reality. Trump and his Republican enablers need to be TROUNCED in November, thoroughly and completely repudiated, both in the popular vote as well as the Electoral College. Nothing less than the fate of our democracy is at stake.

I started out by saying you should be ashamed of yourselves as well as do some serious rethinking of your positions in light of what's at stake. But I'll withhold that for now. I'm not a rabid Democrat. Corruption and incompetence is found on both sides of the aisle. But I'm definitely a rabid anti-Trumper and his fawning sycophants like Barr, McConnell, et al. So I'm not voting for Biden to be president, per se, because of some abiding love for the guy. I pray he gets a suitable VP and appoints people who have our national interests at stake, rather than the current mad (in both senses) buffoon who ONLY thinks about what might benefit him and his family.
Corruption and incompetence is found on both sides of the aisle...so vote for the corruption and incompetence with a "D" by their name because...Trump.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They're trying but none have succeeded. Most of the honest ones will admit to that fact, and that's why there was a "Trump-slide" in 2016. Never seen a group of people be so damn wrong in my life. But, I predicted Trump as soon as he announced pretty much. Do you want my 2020? It's Trump. I've done this as a game for about 20 years, and the only election I really couldn't predict was Bush Vs. Kerry, because I saw them as equally worthless. Apparently, the voters agreed. :D
I make no predictions....except for Jorgensen's loss.