• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"43 Alumni for Biden"

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The political tsunami is building.

'The president is a danger': Hundreds who served under George W. Bush endorse Biden

Hundreds of officials who worked for former Republican President George W. Bush are endorsing Democratic White House hopeful Joe Biden — the latest Republican-led group coming out to oppose the re-election of Donald Trump.

The officials, who include Cabinet secretaries and other senior people in the Bush administration, have formed a political action committee — "43 Alumni for Biden" — to support the former vice president in his Nov. 3 race, three organizers of the group told Reuters, which first reported the story. The group on Wednesday put out a statement announcing its formation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

'The president is a danger': Hundreds who served under George W. Bush endorse Biden

Hundreds of officials who worked for former Republican President George W. Bush are endorsing Democratic White House hopeful Joe Biden — the latest Republican-led group coming out to oppose the re-election of Donald Trump.

The officials, who include Cabinet secretaries and other senior people in the Bush administration, have formed a political action committee — "43 Alumni for Biden" — to support the former vice president in his Nov. 3 race, three organizers of the group told Reuters, which first reported the story. The group on Wednesday put out a statement announcing its formation.
I read that Trump now has a 1/3 probability of winning.
I'm surprised it's that high.
This time, it's 3rd party for me.
Guess who!

averageJOE

zombie
YAY!!! We are going to replace the president who has more rape and less dementia with one who has less rape but more dementia!!! True progress!!!

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I like Biden a lot, but I do sense some slipping there,
despite Trump's poorly done commercials !
I am 81 and in fairly good shape, but there is that slipping !

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I can see it now. In reality, behind closed doors Bush Jr. sings the praises of Trump hecause he's actually someine who managed to be worse and make Bush look a bit better than he was.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I see Biden as having many more marbles than Trump has left.

But sure, at 75 I know that some things are harder - I have more senior moments than I did at 55.

Biden needs a top-notch VP and I'm hopeful he'll pick one.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I can see it now. In reality, behind closed doors Bush Jr. sings the praises of Trump hecause he's actually someine who managed to be worse and make Bush look a bit better than he was.
Seriously. I celebrated when #43 left office. Trump made me long for #43 and that's saying something.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

That's what my dad says, there has been slippage from his chest to his tummy

Sw. Vandana Jyothi

Truth is One, many are the Names
Premium Member
ALL of you people who either won't vote at all because you don't like either candidate and/or will throw your vote away on a third party candidate should re-examine your mental marbles! For now, we have a two-party system and one or the other will win. Yes, that sucks, but it's the reality. Trump and his Republican enablers need to be TROUNCED in November, thoroughly and completely repudiated, both in the popular vote as well as the Electoral College. Nothing less than the fate of our democracy is at stake.

I started out by saying you should be ashamed of yourselves as well as do some serious rethinking of your positions in light of what's at stake. But I'll withhold that for now. I'm not a rabid Democrat. Corruption and incompetence is found on both sides of the aisle. But I'm definitely a rabid anti-Trumper and his fawning sycophants like Barr, McConnell, et al. So I'm not voting for Biden to be president, per se, because of some abiding love for the guy. I pray he gets a suitable VP and appoints people who have our national interests at stake, rather than the current mad (in both senses) buffoon who ONLY thinks about what might benefit him and his family.

Mitty

Will Dettol Donny throw in the towel like LBJ, or will he just pretend that his death toll isn't over 130,000 yet?
United States Coronavirus: 2,776,596 Cases and 130,767 Deaths - Worldometer

Sw. Vandana Jyothi

Truth is One, many are the Names
Premium Member
He's 'tween a rock 'n a hard place. He doesn't want to be called a quitter but neither could he tolerate being called a loser. However, you have to factor in Republicans who might want to try to salvage things for their party. Could get very interesting.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
#1 standard - chance of winning. Would 43's officials line up behind a candidate who is more to the left? The odds go down and maybe down to zero depending on who might have gotten nominated.
That seemed to be why Hillary was chosen.
Could it be that the best way to win is to pick
the best candidate, rather than best competitor?
Then if they win, you really have something.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

It's looking bad for Trump. Further on the article, I found this part interesting:

Erin Perrine, a Trump campaign spokeswoman, said of 43 Alumni for Biden: “This is the swamp – yet again – trying to take down the duly elected President of the United States.”

Dozens of Republican former national security officials are set to back Biden, claiming that Trump is a threat to U.S. security, people involved in the effort told Reuters.

Trump has also drawn sharp criticism from retired military leaders over his apparent attempts to involve the armed forces in efforts to quell the anti-racism protests.

Other Republican groups opposing his re-election include the Lincoln Project, co-founded by George Conway, husband of Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway.

Trump has expressed contempt for Republican and conservative figures who oppose him, saying on Twitter that “Never Trumper” Republicans are “human scum.”

“This is the swamp – yet again – trying to take down the duly elected President of the United States.” Trump called them "human scum." This will definitely divide the party.

The Republican may never recover from this, and this could be a golden opportunity for the Democrats - not just for the White House, but for both Houses of Congress, along with state governorships and other offices.

If the Democrats don't pull off a decisive victory this time, it will really be on them - and they won't be able to blame anyone else.