• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

3 Black Churches Have Burned in 10 Days in a Single Louisiana Parish

ecco

Veteran Member
This is wrong. The vast majority of black metal is not right-wing or neo-Nazi. The mainstream media is usually extremely stupid when it comes to subcultures and counter-cultures.
If you, and others, would have taken the time to look, you would have seen that I listed a source (by now, twice). If you want to consider Google search results as mainstream media, that is your problem.

Also, I took the time to follow up and actually listen to some of the music and look at translations of the lyrics.

Have...
Stanyon
Revoltingest
Saint Frankenstein
...done as much?

ecco

Veteran Member
Here is another example of you making not-quite-factual comments with nothing to support them.

I think the better question is why is it being reported in the media as "traditionally black churches" when approximately %56 of the parishioners are white. I have my ideas-it makes more provocative headlines.

I think the better question is why you falsely stated %56 of the parishioners are white. I have my ideas-it makes your narrative more provocative.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
If you, and others, would have taken the time to look, you would have seen that I listed a source (by now, twice). If you want to consider Google search results as mainstream media, that is your problem.
Also, I took the time to follow up and actually listen to some of the music and look at translations of the lyrics.
Have...
Stanyon
Revoltingest
Saint Frankenstein
...done as much?

The lyrics... now we are getting somewhere.

Do you believe that song lyrics have an affect on peoples actions?

Do you believe that highly realistic, hyper violent video games (now even in VR!) have an adverse affect on young developing minds?

I suggest the band Darkthrone, they are one of the best bands in that style IMO

Great site for sampling for free:
Black Metal Radio | Main

Cop killer!
I got my black shirt on
I got my black gloves on
I got my ski mask on
This ****'s been too long
I got my twelve gauge sawed off
I got my headlights turned off
I'm 'bout to bust some shots off
I'm 'bout to dust some cops off
I'm cop killer, it's better you than me
Cop killer, **** police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your family's grievin' (**** 'em!)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even, haha!
I got my brain on hype
Tonight I'll be your night
I got this long-assed knife
And your neck looks just right
My adrenaline's pumpin'
I got my stereo bumpin'
I'm 'bout to kill me somethin'
A police stopped me for nuthin'!
Cop killer, it's better you than me
Cop killer, **** police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your mama grievin' (**** 'em!)
Cop killer,…

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I've no interest in that 'music'.
It's not relevant to my posts.

Btw, it's a faux pas to ask something of me without alerting me.
I saw your question inadvertently in someone else's post.

ecco

Veteran Member
Do you believe that song lyrics have an affect on peoples actions?
Yes.

Now, would you care to address...
They already have two suspects in custody, both are black.

While you're at it, would you care to address...
I think the better question is why is it being reported in the media as "traditionally black churches" when approximately %56 of the parishioners are white. I have my ideas-it makes more provocative headlines.

Did you read something like this...
St. Landry Parish is a rural area studded with crawfish ponds and bayous in the heart of Cajun and Creole country. It is 56 percent white and 41 percent black....and incorrectly extend the population percentages to the church membership?

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Do you support limits or bans on certain types of lyrics in songs, if so which ones and why?
When you respond to the questions I have addressed to you, then I will consider answering more of yours.

Stanyon said:

Stanyon said:
If you don't want to respond, perhaps you could just indicate why you continue ducking and dodging.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
When you respond to the questions I have addressed to you, then I will consider answering more of yours.

Stanyon said:

Stanyon said:
If you don't want to respond, perhaps you could just indicate why you continue ducking and dodging.
*and with that, he vanished from the thread, never to be seen again... at least until he figured people had forgotten his nonsense claims and wouldn't try to hold him to account*

1285600.jpg