• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

3 Black Churches Have Burned in 10 Days in a Single Louisiana Parish

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Very fine people on both sides.

ATLANTA — Three historically black churches have burned in less than two weeks in one south Louisiana parish, where officials said they had found “suspicious elements” in each case. The officials have not ruled out the possibility of arson, or the possibility that the fires are related.

“There is clearly something happening in this community,” State Fire Marshal H. Browning said in a statement on Thursday. “That is why it is imperative that the citizens of this community be part of our effort to figure out what it is.”
3 Black Churches Have Burned in 10 Days in a Single Louisiana Parish

I assume the Trumpettes and Usual Suspects will be along to invoke Jussie Smollett directly.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yes, including those who jump to conclusions.
For example

Arrest of black man in black church fire stirs debates
Yes, I read that. I personally never jumped to any conclusions. Hopefully the truth will come out. Unfortunately, that's not always the case. It seems to me that idea is growing, both in politics, and in faith. Vandalising your own elections signs just to make your opponent look hateful could be a strategy.

It could also just be immature kids. Regardless of motive, or who the perpetrator is, the person (or persons) is not well.

Audie

Veteran Member
Yes, I read that. I personally never jumped to any conclusions. Hopefully the truth will come out. Unfortunately, that's not always the case. It seems to me that idea is growing, both in politics, and in faith. Vandalising your own elections signs just to make your opponent look hateful could be a strategy.

It could also just be immature kids. Regardless of motive, or who the perpetrator is, the person (or persons) is not well.

Agent procacateur, false flag. Old and evil practices.

Hard to say if it is getting more common. Hope not.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Agent procacateur, false flag. Old and evil practices.

Hard to say if it is getting more common. Hope not.

I do think we've gotten far better collectively at not jumping to conclusions. Events like the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing went a long way towards helping that. I know personally, that when I read a story like this one, I don't even immediately think 'Darn racists' but more just open to hoping they can catch the perpetrator, as there are at least 4 profiles I can think of for possible suspects.

Audie

Veteran Member
I do think we've gotten far better collectively at not jumping to conclusions. Events like the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing went a long way towards helping that. I know personally, that when I read a story like this one, I don't even immediately think 'Darn racists' but more just open to hoping they can catch the perpetrator, as there are at least 4 profiles I can think of for possible suspects.

I hope you are right about things getting better.

Audie

Veteran Member
Who's jumping to conclusions? Just playing the odds. I'm more than happy to accept being wrong after the fact.

Lots of people? Most, probably?
If you dont, terrif. I prefer not to even have an opinion.