• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

$3.6 Billion for Trump's Wall

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The Pentagon's announcement that it will divert $3.6 billion in military construction funds to help fund President Donald Trump's border wall has sparked bipartisan anger from lawmakers who learned Wednesday that their states will be impacted by the decision.

Domestically, just under $1.8 billion is being shifted away from projects in 23 states and three US territories.
Additionally, the Pentagon will defer more than $1.8 billion in military construction projects overseas to free up over $3.6 billion in funds for 11 wall projects on the southern border with Mexico, according to a complete list obtained by CNN Wednesday.
Senators slam Pentagon's decision to divert military construction funds to Trump's border wall - CNNPolitics

Surprised no one has posted about this, or did I miss it?
Lot of posts about the Wall earlier. Guess Trump is building his wall.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The Pentagon's announcement that it will divert $3.6 billion in military construction funds to help fund President Donald Trump's border wall has sparked bipartisan anger from lawmakers who learned Wednesday that their states will be impacted by the decision.

Domestically, just under $1.8 billion is being shifted away from projects in 23 states and three US territories.
Additionally, the Pentagon will defer more than $1.8 billion in military construction projects overseas to free up over $3.6 billion in funds for 11 wall projects on the southern border with Mexico, according to a complete list obtained by CNN Wednesday.
Senators slam Pentagon's decision to divert military construction funds to Trump's border wall - CNNPolitics

I think Riders posted about it earlier in the development of the news - but, we often talk about such important issues over a couple of threads usually, any way.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I think the Wall may help the country a little in some ways, but could also prove a pretty large amount of money to put to practice.

Daemon Sophic

Surprise!
Pentagon wants Congress to replenish funds Trump taps for border wall

Pentagon wants Congress to replenish funds Trump taps for border wall

So, ...if Congress replenishes Pentagon funds diverted to wall-building by Trump, ... who's really gonna pay for the Wall, pray tell?
Wait! Wait! I got this.

Mexican taxpayers! No? No.
The Mexican government?
Muslims! No?

The rich elitists!

The big corporations!

uh....uh....

Trump is using his own funds to defend America! God bless him!

No?

The blue states. (actually this is somewhat true, since a disproportionate amount of the funding comes from military contract work that would have been performed in blue states - Surprise!) :rolleyes:

The American working class citizens and from Trump’s failed promise of infrastructure?
Yay!! I got it on the first try! :p

giphy.gif

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Guess Trump is building his wall.
It's being challenged as the funds that were passed by Congress had the stipulation that they could not be used for the Wall. However, if Trump is to be on the other side of the Wall, I'm all in! :)

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
It's being challenged as the funds that were passed by Congress had the stipulation that they could not be used for the Wall. However, if Trump is to be on the other side of the Wall, I'm all in! :)

Think it, one challenge at least was already decided in Trump's favor, so it sounded like it was a pretty sure thing. It's not for the wall it's for a national emergency. I think that is what they said on the radio.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The same people that are paying for it now. The taxpayer.

:facepalm:

Brilliant deduction.

Well, so the government could borrow from the Fed. Of course the government taxes us to pay back that debt.

But, say we charge Mexico... and all countries, being I think many are not coming from Mexico. So we charge these countries for each national they have here illegally. Not likely that we'd get this countries to pay, but we could take it out of the aid we send to these countries yearly. Potus obviously can't do this, congress can. They decide the budget, who gets aid and how much.

So if these foreign countries are not paying for the wall, it's only congress to blame. Unfortunately both Democrats and Republicans have their own agenda. So unlikely to happen.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Well, so the government could borrow from the Fed. Of course the government taxes us to pay back that debt.

But, say we charge Mexico... and all countries, being I think many are not coming from Mexico. So we charge these countries for each national they have here illegally. Not likely that we'd get this countries to pay, but we could take it out of the aid we send to these countries yearly. Potus obviously can't do this, congress can. They decide the budget, who gets aid and how much.

So if these foreign countries are not paying for the wall, it's only congress to blame. Unfortunately both Democrats and Republicans have their own agenda. So unlikely to happen.

Well considering people are privately crowd funding the wall to help it get built. I think people want it built more than care about where the money comes from.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm fine with paying up to 150 billion a year on the wall, because that's what we're paying for illegal immigrants and their drain on our social support systems. :D

Is that how much it really costs? Is there a way to verify that?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Is that how much it really costs? Is there a way to verify that?

Depending on who you ask, if they are left leaning it's about 100 billion, and right it's 150-250. There is some "dispute" over the matter... but suffice to say, everyone agrees it's at least 100 billion. :D

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Well since the subject is focused on expenses...

A very conservative estimate of the green New Deal is around 93 trillion dollars.

Study Estimates the Green New Deal to Cost $93 Trillion — That's a Conservative Estimate | Robert P. Murphy

I'll take the 3.6 billion for the wall instead. Thank you very much.