• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

:)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Ahhhhh, LION! LIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON. RUN!!!!!1!" *Oh wait - It's just a picture of a lion. Never mind. False alarm.* "Everyone back to their places."
"Singh" means lion. Most Sikhs have the surname Singh.
I take it you're not a Sikh, then?

Hello and welcome!
Heya.

I noticed you are Hindu, and saw your avatar pic, and pondered, "Why, blue?" Some interesting things came to be realized, but if I may offer another thought for you, in exchange for the great welcome and thought?

A thought: Look up into the depth of the heavens ('space' if you will, though that term is rather 'empty' sounding) at night, and what do you see? Mostly what with a little bit of what scattered here and there? Now if you said 'black', with a little bit of 'light' (stars), I want you to think a little more deeply. If you were to look even more closely (zoom in) at the 'black' between what you can presently see as 'light', what would you then see? Now, do this a few times, and what do you now "see"? Are you surrounded by 'black' or ...?

If this made sense, let me know. :)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Heya.

I noticed you are Hindu, and saw your avatar pic, and pondered, "Why, blue?" Some interesting things came to be realized, but if I may offer another thought for you, in exchange for the great welcome and thought?

A thought: Look up into the depth of the heavens ('space' if you will, though that term is rather 'empty' sounding) at night, and what do you see? Mostly what with a little bit of what scattered here and there? Now if you said 'black', with a little bit of 'light' (stars), I want you to think a little more deeply. If you were to look even more closely (zoom in) at the 'black' between what you can presently see as 'light', what would you then see? Now, do this a few times, and what do you now "see"? Are you surrounded by 'black' or ...?

If this made sense, let me know. :)
;)

In some reading I've been doing, the 'blue' skin of Krishna is compared to the sky. Why blue? When you look at the sky, there it is. Blue as can be(considering the weather doesn't interfere). But, the closer you get to the 'sky', the less blue it appears... indeed, you find the sky is everywhere.

The same can be said for the blackness of space and Mother Kali...

Attachments

• b321668b83ab04e4466884f9aeeb3838.png
    b321668b83ab04e4466884f9aeeb3838.png
    552.8 KB · Views: 0
;)

In some reading I've been doing, the 'blue' skin of Krishna is compared to the sky. Why blue? When you look at the sky, there it is. Blue as can be(considering the weather doesn't interfere). But, the closer you get to the 'sky', the less blue it appears... indeed, you find the sky is everywhere.

The same can be said for the blackness of space and Mother Kali...
That's what I also have read about in Hindu literature. There is a certain logic about the blue/black in regards representing infiniteness, which is why I wanted to give you the additional thought about the 'light'. Perhaps we can speak more elsewhere in the forums. Where do you post most frequently, perhaps there might be better, on another day.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Welcome. Did you use the correct smiley? The smiley for RealSighentists is this: :(

tel.jpg

Grandpa's colleague in the neighborhood had this, so sometimes grandpa was called to attend phone calls. I suppose the voice got lower if it was not cranked up. We did like the ringing of the bells.

Last edited: