• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

:)

Oh, great. Another one of those verbose people who won't shut up. ;)
Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome.
Ok, you asked for it ... here come the 'wall 'o text' ... in fact all I have to do, is quote some book from the 17-18th centuries and the full original title alone ought to fill a good page.

On second thought. Too much work.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That's what I also have read about in Hindu literature.
Blue is not very correct. Actually it is "Ghana Shyam" - 'Dark like a rain-laden cloud'. I would translate it to dusky.

hardik.jpg
975e422d5f6d954b0919c7cdf52334c6.jpg

Hardik Pandya, Indian Cricketer.

I am philosophical at times but not too philosophical. Saw 'sigh' and thought of the best smiley for it.
:sob: would have been a little too much after 2000 years. :)

Last edited:
Welcome. Did you use the correct smiley? The smiley for RealSighentists is this: :(

View attachment 45904

Grandpa's colleague in the neighborhood had this, so sometimes grandpa was called to attend phone calls. I suppose the voice got lower if it was not cranked up. We did like the ringing of the bells.
My grandmother had something similar, but it was also a 'party-line' phone. So they had to wait so many rings before they were to pick up.

My original family name is Khan, which was changed to Jacobs. Jacobs means son of Jacob and Jacob's name was changed to Israel in the Bible. I just combined the two as some mildly cryptic name to make me delude myself into thinking that I am being clever XD
Interesting.

Look up, Matthew 2:13-15,19-21; Hosea 11:1. :)

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Interesting.

Look up, Matthew 2:13-15,19-21; Hosea 11:1. :)

Yeah, I know those verses :)

Hosea 11:1 would be applying to the actual nation of Israel being brought out of Egypt after the plagues. According to Christians Israel is a metaphoric name for Jesus in that context too, as he would represent the Jewish nation.

Yeah, I know those verses :)

Hosea 11:1 would be applying to the actual nation of Israel being brought out of Egypt after the plagues. According to Christians Israel is a metaphoric name for Jesus in that context too, as he would represent the Jewish nation.
Indeed. :)

Just as Israel of old:

1. Egypt - Exodus 1
2. Red Sea - Exodus 14
3. Wilderness - Exodus 16-19
4. Mt. Sinai - Ten Commandments (God's Law) - Exodus 20

So too Jesus:

1. Egypt - Matthew 2
2. Baptism - Matthew 3
3. Wilderness - Matthew 4
4. Mt. of Blessing - God's Law (Ten Commandments explained in detail) - Matthew 5

12506_81c65a085deb4d8a873e53e1ce3a5c16.jpg

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

Thanks! I like typology because it is patterns and puzzles to solve. I am not a Christian anymore, but I still like the creativity that went into linking the new to the old through symbolism.