• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

240 days left until the world comes to an end

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
What a disappointment...:sad4:

Well, time for bed...:sleep:

Someone wake me if the world comes to an end before I wake up.
Thanks

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
harold_camping_motivator_by_brokeneye3-d3dq2yy.jpg

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
This just came in "Harold Camping admits to have came up with his mathematical predictions by shooting dice in Vegas, he now admits that Texas Hold'em poker might provide the correct Biblical end of the world date."

My prediction: when the world doesn't come to an end, it will not shake the confidence of the believers very much. They will either (1) claim the Rapture DID happen, but almost everyone has been left behind, or (2) find a mistake in their math and push their prediction back to some later date. They will do this without a trace of self-doubt.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
My prediction: when the world doesn't come to an end, it will not shake the confidence of the believers very much. They will either (1) claim the Rapture DID happen, but almost everyone has been left behind, or (2) find a mistake in their math and push their prediction back to some later date. They will do this without a trace of self-doubt.

I assent with this. The sort of people who believe in end-of-the-world prophecies, and even worse that we can calculate them, are usually driven by something else than reason and rationality. Not to say that it is ever rational to believe in end-time prophecy, but sometimes we try the path of reason, and just end up honestly lost by the wayside. The people who believe in the Camping Rapture are the ones who want to believe it is coming. It is generally, I suspect, an emotional belief.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
They will do this without a trace of self-doubt.
They will also merely brush off the fact that they were flat out wrong and proven themselves a false prophet under the rug.

The worst part is that the vast majority their followers with accept all the bull **** as god given gospel and continue to drool at their feet.