• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

22 Afghan Commandos executed by the Taliban

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Although my intent was to actually put it in the politics section to emphasize our political influence upon the Afghan people throughout recent intent to drawback, apparently I have no privileges to post there so I figure considering this is a recently occurred event, this is just as good enough here. According to CNN, the Taliban boasts of controlling 85% of the Afghan territories. Apparently, 22 Afghan Special Forces commandos were executed after surrendering to the Taliban after a two-hour gun battle with Taliban fighters after expending all their ammo. Their fate was fixed and unfortunately lost their lives for it. I honestly see this conflict recycling itself over again. The only difference is, considering that Bin Laden is deceased we leave the Afghanistanian people there (again) to fend for themselves while the Taliban moves in to retake the whole country all over again.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Although my intent was to actually put it in the politics section to emphasize our political influence upon the Afghan people throughout recent intent to drawback, apparently I have no privileges to post there so I figure considering this is a recently occurred event, this is just as good enough here. According to CNN, the Taliban boasts of controlling 85% of the Afghan territories. Apparently, 22 Afghan Special Forces commandos were executed after surrendering to the Taliban after a two-hour gun battle with Taliban fighters after expending all their ammo. Their fate was fixed and unfortunately lost their lives for it. I honestly see this conflict recycling itself over again. The only difference is, considering that Bin Laden is deceased we leave the Afghanistanian people there (again) to fend for themselves while the Taliban moves in to retake the whole country all over again.

It gets to be circular. You got one bunch of folks crying to get out of the conflict. The other bunch crying to keep at it.

No one is ever satisfied no matter how its played.

All I can say is plenty of people warned that this will happen. Another warning is if you give the Taliban a new foothold, watch for world-wide terror attacks to play put all over again.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Apparently, 22 Afghan Special Forces commandos were executed after surrendering to the Taliban after a two-hour gun battle with Taliban fighters after expending all their ammo.
Wow they really don't know how to win. You don't execute people who surrender, because then nobody surrenders.

Redemptionsong

(IMO) The Taliban may take control of Afghanistan but the likelihood is that they will fail in their administration of the country. The result will be fragmentation and disillusionment. The Taliban will then evaporate, to be replaced by a new regime.

The best thing that democratic countries can do is contain the Taliban. They feed off violence and confrontation. They need to be turned inwards on themselves.

The message of Christian scripture is that good defeats evil.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
We should just evacuate the remaining Afghan troops. I would take em into my country

Right. Then let the Taliban take over and everything we fought and died for was for nothing. For sure, the Taliban take over will be complete. If we go with your plan the women, men, and children will be subject to the same extremism they once lived in and this time it'll be much worse.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
(IMO) The Taliban may take control of Afghanistan but the likelihood is that they will fail in their administration of the country. The result will be fragmentation and disillusionment. The Taliban will then evaporate, to be replaced by a new regime.

The best thing that democratic countries can do is contain the Taliban. They feed off violence and confrontation. They need to be turned inwards on themselves.

The message of Christian scripture is that good defeats evil.

I don't forsee that plan working. It didn't happen before. Islamic State tried to move in and that failed.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Wow they really don't know how to win. You don't execute people who surrender, because then nobody surrenders.

My best guess is that this execution was revenge for collaborating with westerners. You gotta understand, the United States and its allies like U.K., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and others really kicked the crap out of the Taliban. Killed their spiritual leader in Bin Laden and kept them at bay. Unfortunately, the U.S. troops created a deadlier Hydra than we've ever seen before.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
My best guess is that this execution was revenge for collaborating with westerners. You gotta understand, the United States and its allies like U.K., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and others really kicked the crap out of the Taliban. Killed their spiritual leader in Bin Laden and kept them at bay. Unfortunately, the U.S. troops created a deadlier Hydra than we've ever seen before.
We made the mistake of not annexing the territory. Success means total victory. Congress and the presidents should have advised us that they were going to take that country as a territory, or we should not have gone in. Hindsight. In the past things looked differently. We thought we could help and not take over.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

If you're talking about the section entitled "The Political World," nobody can post there. Apparently, someone broke the board when they set up the DIR political forums so that people have to request the privilege of posting in "liberal only," "conservative only," etc.

And now they can't fix it because nobody knows how. It's kind of like Afghanistan.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
If you're talking about the section entitled "The Political World," nobody can post there. Apparently, someone broke the board when they set up the DIR political forums so that people have to request the privilege of posting in "liberal only," "conservative only," etc.

And now they can't fix it because nobody knows how. It's kind of like Afghanistan.

Daaaaaamn that was funny but true great analogy

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

You're not wrong...
One of the perils of being volunteer IT for a long depricated web software. :confused:

74x12

Apparently these were foreign fighters. Because the people didn't know their language.

Who is really behind this? I think someone tipped the Taliban off that they were there. Then the Afghani air force doesn't come to their aid either. Very suspicious.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Yea, you put them in black sites where nobody can reach them, and torture them for years on end.

That's what a civilized, enlightened nation like the US would do, at least.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
All I can say is plenty of people warned that this will happen. Another warning is if you give the Taliban a new foothold, watch for world-wide terror attacks to play put all over again.
Still, it's not worth occupying a country on a permanent basis
just to prevent some terrorism. Long ago it was time to leave.