• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

20 Deadliest Animals

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The 20 deadliest animals on Earth, ranked (WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES)

1. Mosquitos
2. Humans (How did we slip down from the top spot?)
3. Snakes
4. Sandfly
5. Dogs (Man's best friend, indeed)
6. Kissing Bugs (aka Assassin Bugs)
7. Freshwater Snails
9 (tie). Scorpions
9 (tie). Tsetse Flies
10. Ascaris Roundworms
11. Tapeworms
12. Crocodiles
13. Hippos
15 (tie). Elephants
15 (tie). Lions
16. Bees
17. Tigers
18. Jellyfish
19. Wolves
20. Sharks

Bears didn't even make the list. Neither did cats (unless you're counting lions and tigers).

nPeace

Veteran Member

1. Mosquitos
3. Snakes
4. Sandfly
7. Freshwater Snails
9 (tie). Scorpions
9 (tie). Tsetse Flies
10. Ascaris Roundworms
11. Tapeworms
12. Crocodiles
13. Hippos
15 (tie). Elephants
15 (tie). Lions
16. Bees
17. Tigers
18. Jellyfish
19. Wolves
20. Sharks

Bears didn't even make the list. Neither did cats (unless you're counting lions and tigers).
Man is simply no match for a mosquito. ;)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm really surprised by that list. Elephants are probably the most benevolent creatures on the planet, but they're tied with lions? How many fatal dog attacks are there a year that makes dogs deadlier than the Tsetse fly (and on par with scorpions? they're that high on the list? :confused:). I'm also surprised snakes are that high since they are some of the biggest introverts out there. And wolves? They'll usually move mountains to avoid us.
The lack of bear I'm guessing that we tend not to mess with each other much, and maybe aren't hunted as frequently as other animals if they aren't on the list at all (my guess is that we apparently aren't aggravating them like we do elephants, at least, because a bear is definitely more than capable to shredding a human).

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm really surprised by that list. Elephants are probably the most benevolent creatures on the planet, but they're tied with lions? How many fatal dog attacks are there a year that makes dogs deadlier than the Tsetse fly (and on par with scorpions? they're that high on the list? :confused:). I'm also surprised snakes are that high since they are some of the biggest introverts out there. And wolves? They'll usually move mountains to avoid us.
The lack of bear I'm guessing that we tend not to mess with each other much, and maybe aren't hunted as frequently as other animals if they aren't on the list at all (my guess is that we apparently aren't aggravating them like we do elephants, at least, because a bear is definitely more than capable to shredding a human).

I was thinking that the number of dog attacks is high most likely because of their proximity to humans. Plus, many dogs are trained as attack/guard dogs.

As for elephants, I think they can get provoked to the point where they might attack. What surprised me was seeing hippos on the list. I always thought they were friendly, although that's probably from watching Peter Potamus as a kid.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As for elephants, I think they can get provoked to the point where they might attack. What surprised me was seeing hippos on the list.
I knew hippos are very aggressive, and though yes elephants can be provoked, I'm stunned to see them being ranked as deadly as lions.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

Maybe they're the Australian versions... everything in Australia has murder in its heart and wants to kill you.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Maybe they're the Australian versions... everything in Australia has murder in its heart and wants to kill you.
Some of the Aussies here have been trying to convince me that isn't true so I move there rather than some other place that isn't known for animals so deadly and so bad *** that even the cute ones can kick your ***.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I knew hippos are very aggressive, and though yes elephants can be provoked, I'm stunned to see them being ranked as deadly as lions.
I believe they are speaking of attacks on humans as opposed to animals. Man don't usually venture near lion prides, and lions usually hunt outside villages.
Elephants on the other hand often feel threatened when man ventures too close to their young especially. Also, elephants sometimes ramp through village, mostly in India, as man extends his "boundaries" to more development.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Fresh water snails beat out scorpions???

Never did trust those slimy little boogers.
I think it's because they're poisonous or something.
I'll have to agree with you though. Never trust 'em.

On a side note, bears aren't even on the list @Wu Wei. I guess you're not as deadly as you say you are.:p

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

On a side note, bears aren't even on the list @Wu Wei. I guess you're not as deadly as you say you are.:p

Found this:

upload_2018-8-29_15-13-34.jpeg
Freshwater snails carry a parasitic disease called schistosomiasis, which infects nearly 250 million people, mostly in Asia, Africa and South America. “It's one of the world's most deadly parasites,” says Susanne Sokolow, a disease ecologist at Stanford University's Hopkins Marine Station.Aug 13, 2016
-https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-08-13/why-snails-are-one-worlds-deadliest-creatures

I'm not going to feel as bad from now on when I run them over on the bike path on a rainy day. :D

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I was thinking that the number of dog attacks is high most likely because of their proximity to humans. Plus, many dogs are trained as attack/guard dogs.

As for elephants, I think they can get provoked to the point where they might attack. What surprised me was seeing hippos on the list. I always thought they were friendly, although that's probably from watching Peter Potamus as a kid.
I used to think that too. They are territorial and hideously aggressive animals. They kill a lot of people in Africa each year from what I heard.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

1. Mosquitos
3. Snakes
4. Sandfly
7. Freshwater Snails
9 (tie). Scorpions
9 (tie). Tsetse Flies
10. Ascaris Roundworms
11. Tapeworms
12. Crocodiles
13. Hippos
15 (tie). Elephants
15 (tie). Lions
16. Bees
17. Tigers
18. Jellyfish
19. Wolves
20. Sharks

I'm surprised I didn't see chimps although I take a lot of people are more educated about them than they used to be enough to stay away.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

1. Mosquitos
3. Snakes
4. Sandfly
7. Freshwater Snails
9 (tie). Scorpions
9 (tie). Tsetse Flies
10. Ascaris Roundworms
11. Tapeworms
12. Crocodiles
13. Hippos
15 (tie). Elephants
15 (tie). Lions
16. Bees
17. Tigers
18. Jellyfish
19. Wolves
20. Sharks

Someone forgot to put fleas on the list. It should be #2 or 3.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

Nope, bears are warm, fuzzy, cuddly and love taking selfies with humans.....especially big brown kodiak bears.....so, if you ever see one...just walk right up and give em a hug.....the bear will appreciate it greatly :D

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Sorry, but the most deadly animal in the world by far is the crocogator.

For those of you unfamiliar with what a crocogator is, it's the head of an alligator matched up with the head of a crocodile, and what makes it so terrible mean is that because of this it can't take a dump.