• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 days of trekking the Israeli desert (photos)

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I returned earlier this evening from trekking the Negev desert, and more specifically the Ramon crater area.
We saw some of the geological formations, wild life, fossils, archaeological remains, and of course the desert...

'So where did you say we are?'

DSC08085.jpg

A Nubian Ibex

DSC08101.jpg

RamonCrater.jpg

DSC08118.jpg

DSC08134.jpg

Fossils:

DSC08181.jpg

DSC08180.jpg

DSC08183.jpg

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Dinner, on the menu was dry red wine, and slow cooked beef, with root vegetables added to close the deal.

DSC08161.jpg

DSC08196.jpg

In a recent archaeological article I read, a phenomenon which largely remains uncovered was dicussed. All across Middle eastern deserts, in countries such as Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Israel, stones circles are seen in satellite pictures in the thousands. The reason such circles were put together remains largely unknown. Here is such a circle we came across. You can see a larger circle and inside a smaller one.

DSC08204.jpg

DSC08205.jpg

DSC08216.jpg

A friend enjoying the view.

DSC08108.jpg

The essentials of every trek.

DSC08122.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It looks like fun.
I've enjoyed the deserts I've been in so far.....Utah, Arizona, Nevada.
But I'm always glad to get back to my hostas.

Btw, I always carry Leica 10X Trinovid binocs.
They're a bit twitchy at that power, but what a view!

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
They look gigantic! Is that really 2-3 feet wide or is it just the zoom that makes it look that way?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
They look gigantic! Is that really 2-3 feet wide or is it just the zoom that makes it look that way?
Actually the bigger ones in the photo were about 20 cm I suppose, I made sure to capture only the fossils in the photo, so it may look bigger.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Amazing photos Dan! You always have such great shots to share, looks like you had an awesome trip as well. Thanks for sharing!

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Amazing photos Dan! You always have such great shots to share, looks like you had an awesome trip as well. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! I'm glade you enjoy them, it would be a shame documenting a landscape just for myself.