• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

150 rockets fired at Israel after IDF assassinates Gaza terror leader

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Again, your posts seem to indicate a total lack of coherence and I really have no interest discussing anything with you at this point.
150 missiles fired against Israel by Palestine.
"They are racist, homo-phobic terrorists!"

1,000s of missiles fired against Palestine by Israel.
"This is completely incoherent. I have no interest discussing this."

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So in other words, you don't care that "Palestine" just lobbed 150 missiles into Israel. You want to talk about things not directly related to the OP, because that's your agenda.
Yes i care a lot about that, because civilian people are affected by it. And yes it is a wrong action by Hamas. Would be better if both Israel and palestine ended the fight all together

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Please be reminded of Rules 1 and 3:

1. Personal Comments About Members and Staff
Personal attacks and name-calling, whether direct or in the third person, are strictly prohibited on the forums. Critique each other's ideas all you want, but under no circumstances personally attack each other or the staff. Quoting a member's post in a separate/new thread without their permission to challenge or belittle them, or harassing staff members for performing moderation duties, will also be considered a personal attack.

3. Trolling and Bullying
Where Rule 1 covers personal attacks, Rule 3 governs other behaviors and content that can generally be described as being a jerk. Unacceptable behaviors and content include:

1) Content (whether words or images) that most people would find needlessly offensive, especially when such content is posted just to get a rise out of somebody and/or is not part of a reasoned argument.

2) Defamation, slander, or misrepresentation of a member's beliefs/arguments, or that of a particular group, culture, or religion. This includes altering the words of another member to change their meaning when using the quote feature.

3) Antagonism, bullying, or harassment - including but not limited to personal attacks, slander, and misrepresentation - of a member across multiple content areas of the forums. Repeatedly targeting or harassing members of particular groups will also be considered bullying.

rosends

I think it is a difficult question filtered through the experiences and media of different countries. When America sends a SEAL (or DELTA) team in to target a terrorist leader, the world doesn't flinch. But when Israel uses a targeted bomb, people think it is excessive. What is also important to remember is that these 150 (or more) unguided rockets are not the only ones launched. There have been hundreds fired which were not in "retaliation" for anything (many orchestrated by the leader killed yesterday). This is not in a vacuum.

Gaza has been given back by Israel more than once. Each time, it has become a source of incursions and terror. It wants to be treated as its own country but doesn't have a government which wants to take responsibility for the well being of its people. It doesn't want the country next door to have its own borders which have to be respected, but wants its respected.

It is difficult to jump in at any point and try to gain a nuanced and balanced view of this conflict and the temptation is to say that anyone who has a view contrary is necessarily wrong and biased. Meanwhile, those others say the same thing right back.

I wonder if, in response to Egypt's flooding smuggling and incursion tunnels, any rockets were fired into Egypt (which also has a closed border with the Strip).

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
150 missiles fired against Israel by Palestine.
"They are racist, homo-phobic terrorists!"

1,000s of missiles fired against Palestine by Israel.
"This is completely incoherent. I have no interest discussing this."
This looks like the kind of post @Landon Caeli was referring to.

There's plenty of blame to spread around here. But Palestinians have launched 1000s of missiles. And they targeted civilians. Israel has also launched 1000s of missiles. And they targeted military operations.

Like I said, there's plenty of blame to spread around. But your post was incoherent, to be charitable about it.
Tom

Earthtank

Israel has also launched 1000s of missiles. And they targeted military operations.

How does targeting schools, hospitals and homes = "military operations"? They have targeted both. Sorry but, you seem to not have your facts in order. Also, how does one justify using a tank and live ammunition while fully clothed in all kinds of protection against kids throwing rocks?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The entire Israel state was founded by Israeli terrorist action against the international appointed British mandate at that time. Ben-Gurian was their Zionist leader and later prime minister.

rosends

How does targeting schools, hospitals and homes = "military operations"? They have targeted both. Sorry but, you seem to not have your facts in order. Also, how does one justify using a tank and live ammunition while fully clothed in all kinds of protection against kids throwing rocks?
When combatants turn locations into dual use by making those locations the origin point of missiles or storage locations then it seems a bit disingenuous to criticize the response. And if you were familiar with the Israeli army's rules of engagement you might understand the conditions that necessitate ever using live fire. They are extreme but when they happen, they happen.

Earthtank

And if you were familiar with the Israeli army's rules of engagement you might understand the conditions that necessitate ever using live fire

I am extremely aware of their tactics. Please look at this video and convince how this "necessitate" anything. With all due respect, i am not saying this of all Jewish people but the Zionists and Israeli army are nothing more than a bunch of terrorists.

Marc Lamont Hill on Instagram: “*VIOLENCE WARNING* Disturbing video of an unarmed Palestinian youth shot in his back while walking away from Israeli border police. These…”

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
How does targeting schools, hospitals and homes = "military operations"?
Because Hamas commonly hides their military operations under such civilian buildings. Or sends kids to run in front of heavily armed soldiers.

This reminds me of a big story from several years ago.
The headline was
IDF targets sleeping Palestinian children

Turns out that what happened was a little different. The IDF identified a cache of missiles in the basement of a building. They relayed to an NGO that they were going to pulverize the missiles in 15-20 minutes, giving time for civilians to get out but not the missiles.
Hamas responded, "There are children sleeping on the top floor of the building." The NGO relayed that back to IDF.
But Hamas didn't move the children to safety. Hamas left them there to die.

IDF destroyed the missiles. Hamas claimed IDF targeted children. And the media described the event as IDF targeting children. Big win for Hamas, and all it cost them was a few Palestinian kids.
Tom

rosends

I am extremely aware of their tactics. Please look at this video and convince how this "necessitate" anything. With all due respect, i am not saying this of all Jewish people but the Zionists and Israeli army are nothing more than a bunch of terrorists.

Marc Lamont Hill on Instagram: “*VIOLENCE WARNING* Disturbing video of an unarmed Palestinian youth shot in his back while walking away from Israeli border police. These…”
I'm not sure if you are well aware of their tactics, and I said nothing about Jews so I'm not sure what prompted their inclusion. The video you cite is of a single soldier who (as has been shown in court) has problems. I think it proper to distinguish between the policies and widespread practices of the army and the illegal (and actionable) behavior of a soldier. If you can find an army in which there has never been an individual who does not follow the rules and does something criminal, then please let me know. But if you level accusations against entire groups based on the behavior of a single person (who is then subject to legal punishment) then I think that you are looking for reasons to slap labels.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Israeloccupy the Palestinian country by building new Israeli homes on the ground that is Palestine, this is what Palestina wish to stop, they are tired of war, and don't want to kill Israeli people but Hamas seem to not stop the killings, so blame Hamas and not the common Palestinian families
Hamas and the Israeli right wing have much in common emotionally.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
What would the US do if some foreign nation assassinated Trump?
Not that I am approving of the retaliation but it's kind of what I'd expect.
Not that Bush was assassinated, but look at our response to a couple of buildings being destroyed.
Tom