• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘Jesus was WITH GOD’ therefore Jesus WAS GOD?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Isaiah 45:17

But Israel will be saved by Jehovah with an everlasting salvation. You will not be put to shame or disgraced for all eternity.​
Acts 4:10-12

let it be known to all of YOU and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·reneʹ, whom YOU impaled but whom God raised up from the dead, by this one does this man stand here sound in front of YOU. 11 This is ‘the stone that was treated by YOU builders as of no account that has become the head of the corner.12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”

Isaiah gives the name of who will save Israel. Acts gives a completely different name. Proof positive for a false prophet.
The speaker of the words in Acts 4 ( if it actually occured ) is saying "There is no other name ... There is no salvation in anyone else ... except Jesus Christ." That is a complete contradiction with Isaiah and so many other verses in the Hebrew bible. A person might, maybe, be able to get away with saying "This name also saves." But saying "this name and this name only saves", that is false prophet territory. According to Acts, again, if it's true, the speaker had performed wonders, but now is preaching for a different god, is promoting a different god, with a different name, and inciting others to follow this other god. If you review Deuteronomy 13, you'll see, someone behaving like this is a test. It is someone for the Jewish people to forceably remove without mercy.
Thank you for your response. However, dybmh, God appointed Jesus to rule as king until everything goes back to Jehovah. Remember, too, that God Almighty continued with Israel's kings for quite a while, giving them authority as well to an extent. They were, however, imperfect. NOBODY but a perfect man can keep the Law entirely. I won't get too deep into this now, because there is material available to research that explains it better than I can.
I'll just say that Jesus said all authority has been given to him. By, of course, the Father. And then, when the earth is transformed into what Isaiah had foretold, the King-messiah will hand everything back to the Father. And Isaiah's prophecy will also be fulfilled.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Thank you for your response. However, dybmh, God appointed Jesus to rule as king until everything goes back to Jehovah. Remember, too, that God Almighty continued with Israel's kings for quite a while, giving them authority as well to an extent. They were, however, imperfect. NOBODY but a perfect man can keep the Law entirely. I won't get too deep into this now, because there is material available to research that explains it better than I can.
I'll just say that Jesus said all authority has been given to him. By, of course, the Father. And then, when the earth is transformed into what Isaiah had foretold, the King-messiah will hand everything back to the Father. And Isaiah's prophecy will also be fulfilled.

I appreciate what you're saying. I'm not sure how seriously I should take the book of Acts. Is it really word-for-word accurate of precisely what was said? I don't know. And since Jesus was known to speak in grand terms sometimes, comments like "I have been given all authority..." or "none get to the father except through me", I just don't make a big deal about those. He said "all authority", but really-really all authority? I don't know. And that doesn't subvert God anyway. And when he said "none get to the father except through me" did he really-really mean none? I don't know.

Once a person starts preaching in exaggerations, it's difficult for me to take it seriously. Good ideas are good ideas, of course. But taking it as literal word-for-word truth? if it somehow undermines other prophets or God itself? I just count that as hyperbole.

YoursTrue

Tempted by the devil - Not only written in the book of James but also noted in the synoptic gospels.
Thank you, Soapy. I'm sure you remember what the devil said to Jesus in the wilderness. He said "“I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it." Isn't that interesting? Jesus did not tell him, "No, that's not true." He told the devil to get away from him. Matthew 4:8-11. What do you understand from this?

YoursTrue

I appreciate what you're saying. I'm not sure how seriously I should take the book of Acts. Is it really word-for-word accurate of precisely what was said? I don't know. And since Jesus was known to speak in grand terms sometimes, comments like "I have been given all authority..." or "none get to the father except through me", I just don't make a big deal about those. He said "all authority", but really-really all authority? I don't know. And that doesn't subvert God anyway. And when he said "none get to the father except through me" did he really-really mean none? I don't know.

Once a person starts preaching in exaggerations, it's difficult for me to take it seriously. Good ideas are good ideas, of course. But taking it as literal word-for-word truth? if it somehow undermines other prophets or God itself? I just count that as hyperbole.
I'm sorry, dymbh. Look again. Remember that some were to become kings. But it was not a random choice. In reference to keeping the Law. I stop there, because it's not an easy lesson for some to learn. It wasn't for me. Took a while. And I'm still learning. But -- just like we choose who we believe and listen to, I remember even the prophets were sometimes listened to and sometimes not. One of the first things I learned was that this earth is to become a beautiful, wonderful and happy place eventually for all who gain God's blessing and approval. Just like Isaiah wrote. chapter 65. Revelation 21. Take care, g'night.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I only fear God. Per Samuel. Satan? I crush its head as instructed by God. Please bring one verse from the Hebrew bible which says I should fear anything other than God. Or, alternatively please bring a verse from the Hebrew bible that claims I should fear Satan?

Ya know what? Expand that search. I double-dog-dare-you to find me any verse anywhere that says I should fear Satan.

This isn't even my scripture, it's yours. Do you deny its truth?

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.​

Mark 12:30
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.​

This is the first commandment. If I love the Lord my God, in perfect love, where is the fear of Satan? Poof. It's gone.
The term ‘Fear’ is double edged.

Why should we FEAR God?

Should we also FEAR the evil one (Satan)?

What is ‘Fear’? One dictionary defines it thus:
  • “To be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or harmful.”
Would you agree that you should be afraid of someone or something that is likely to be dangerous, painful, of harmful to yourself?

Would you agree that you should ‘Fear’ such a person or things?

I think what you are pressing the point on without herding the other side is that God says when we are FEARFUL we should put our faith and trust in Him because even if such a person or thing destroys the BODY, God, and God alone is the only one who can destroy the Soul, the body AND Spirit (eternal death). Therefore the TRUE FEAR is towards GOD.

So, I applaud you if you submit yourself entirely to the fear of God, in that you are of mankind which, except for Jesus Christ, is sinful human.

Soapy

Hi @Soapy

REGARDING SOAPYS CLAIM THAT GOD WAS TALKING TO SATAN IN CREATING MAN IN "THEIR" LIKENESS.
You claimed that Jehovah was talking to Satan when he said "Let us create man in our image, in our likeness’.
Can you refer to the scriptures you are using to develop this doctrine and explain why you interpret the scriptures in this way?

REGARDING SOAPYS' CLAIM THAT SATAN CREATED THE BODY OF ADAM INSTEAD OF GOD
You also claim that "Satan created the Body of Adam."
Can you refer to the scriptures you are using to develop this doctrine and explain why you interpret the scriptures in this way?

Thanks in advance for explaining why you take this theological position regarding Satan.

Clear
φισενεω
Hi, have we met before? I vaguely think we have!

Anyway, first, I said ‘Satan’ but, of course that angel was NOT ‘An Opposer’ at the time of creation so please accept that the title is just a short hand for ”The Angel that became known by the title of ‘Satan’”.

Next, GOD does not physically create anything!!!
God UTTERS COMMANDS and the POWER of His word ACTS to bring about the subject of the command: creation.

God first created the angel horde since this is a spiritual generation. Then, these angels, which are spirits - no physical element to them but they can manifest themselves into temporary physical entities.

Angels are stated as highly intelligent (more than humans) and are far superior in power. They are not subject to the laws of physics like humans are, and do not require sustenance of any kind since they are spirits. They can ‘walk’ through fire, plumb the depth of the deepest sea, bind a fault line in the earth’s crust, ride on the back of the greatest storm, appear and disappear from any location at Will.

But they are not to be praised, honored, nor glorified for their actions. And, just in case you are about to ask: NO! I am not praising, Honoring, nor glorifying ‘Satan’ for anything.

So, the acts of shaping things in creation are CARRIED out by the powerful and intelligent SPIRIT FORCES (Angels) acting on the commands of God. The acts of physically setting together the bodies of every creature is carried out by the power of God (which are the angels in the physical realm) under the command of God. After the creature is created GOD PUTS A SPIRIT INTO THE BODY OF THE CREATURE TO ANIMATE IT.

Only God can create the spirit of a creature - an angel CANNOT create an animating force (Spirit)!!

But the spirit of these creatures is centred around survival with limited ability to reshape in changing circumstances. The DNA is limited in change and so drastic changes in short period of times leads to dessimation of the specific species that cannot adapt.

So, when the creation process was complete as regards the base species (microbes, insects, fish, birds, animals) which are routine in their yearly behaviours, a managing species was required, one that would care for this physical world, shape it, beautify it to its own liking. This was MAN.

Again, GOD does not PHYSICALLY CREATE ANYTHING!! God COMMANDS His Spirits to act in the physical realm!

What is a body? It is physical entity…. God commanded the BODY to be made but that body would be lifeless - it had no SPIRIT in it to animate it.

Why would God command any other angel than His most glorious angel to take charge of the creation of God’s greatest creation: Man?

So God directly commanded this angel to take charge of this great creation BUT GOD… GOD… God alone, put the Spirit into that creation to animate it. Man, at the time of his creation, is a SINGLE CREATURE unlike all other creature creations which were a multitude over the earth. Thus its creation is very special. The command for his created BODY is put into the spirit power of the one most special of angels.

So I am not saying and have never said that ‘Satan created Man’!!!

The command: “Let us create man…”… where is the command: “Let us create the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the animals of the land!’?

There is none because Man was a special creation - Do Trinitarians say that Jesus created all things but only God created man? Or God created all things but Jesus created man?

In fact, I’ve asked many times : “Did Jesus create Man” but no trinitarian dare answer! Why is that question so hard to answer if it is truly believed that Jesus is God and/or was WITH GOD in the beginning at the creation?

The reality is GOD IS ONE and therefore could and does not call himself ‘US’ or ‘WE’ as though there were many of him. In fact how is it derived from the book of Genesis that ‘We’ and ‘US’ implies (or STATES, to a trinitarian) means ‘THREE’? Why not two, four, ten, myriad??

Here is the answer: God desired MAN to have intelligence and authority over all the other created creatures. God therefore ‘employed’ His greatest angel to carry out the task: ‘Let us create man in our likeness’… that is, with intelligence and authority, and power overall other created beings.

Notice that the body of the Man was created BUT WAS NOT ANIMATED. We are told that if was GOD who put the spirit into the body and only then did the man BECOME A LIVING SOUL!

Now, the question should be asked: Why doesn’t scripture say that ‘Let us put his spirit into him to make the man a living soul!’?
I think the answer is obvious!

So man was created - and man bowed down and gave great glory to God and worshipped the mighty God.

But Satan was jealous and desired to be worshipped BY MAN also, since Satan was instrumental in man’s creation.

But God said ‘No!!’ And so Satan sought an alternative way to gain worship from mankind: Claim that God was not entirely truthful to man… Trust Satan instead - worship Satan…

But if all failed and now Satan has fallen from his lofty perch and is angered against man and is seeking to destroy mankind.

That’s it!!

Soapy

Thank you, Soapy. I'm sure you remember what the devil said to Jesus in the wilderness. He said "“I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it." Isn't that interesting? Jesus did not tell him, "No, that's not true." He told the devil to get away from him. Matthew 4:8-11. What do you understand from this?
There is a heirachy of angels governing over creation just as there are heirachy of governors in every large organisation in humanity.

Satan is seated as the governor over all the earth, the highest station. But Satan is only a STEWARD who is keeping the seat of the one from humanity who will occupy that seat.

You and I agree that this seat is given to Jesus Christ after he succeeds in the task set to him by Almighty God. But Jesus Christ must first DIE an excruciating death… after being scourged, humiliated, spat upon, mocked, and tortured. Jesus knew, as well as Satan, that this was the fate of the one who would take that seat: Ruler over creation.

Satan tempted Jesus to obtain that position WITHOUT going through that awful trauma, ESPECIALLY the one of death. At the time of the temptation, Jesus presented a complete holy and righteous front to Satan by rejecting the temptation and diplomatically only alluded to whom should be worshipped: God Almighty.

And, We see later that Jesus ‘sweated blood’ (a real phenomena for someone under extremely high stress!). Jesus momentarily contemplated how he could avoid death, wondering if his Heavenly Father really could resurrect him or would his death by permanent. But he gathered himself quickly and gave over his own Will to that of the Father’s.

However, it must be noted that Jesus does not acquire the throne over creation until the end of time. The thousand years that he rules to bring the world back to rights is not his ultimate rule since he hands back the power and authority to God at the end of it. It is, in fact, after Jesus sits as JUDGE over mankind, and destroys all wickedness and wicked ones, including SATAN AND DEATH, that he takes his seat as king, ruler over all the earth on the ethereal seat of king David, as God promised… and in the new world, the new heavens and the new earth where HUMANS, kings and priests, are the governors - not angels.

101G

Jesus spoke in hyperbole. Strike 2.
so every one of the OT prophets spoke hyperbole also then. .... (smile).... LOL, LOL, LOL, nonsense. you been caught in a ERROR. 101G suggest you repent and be baptized in the Name of JESUS, the OBLY TRUE and LIVING GOD.

when the Lord Jesus said that he is the Shiloh to come, (the Messiah) .... that ended your religion of Judaism. because the BRANCH, (who is Christ, Shiloh), will build the Temple of God, (no more sacrifices), and it want be a physical Temple built with human hands, lol Oh my.

so, GAME over for you and JUDAISM....... there is the TRUE RELIGION which has been here before the Lord Jesus Laid the Foundation of the world. what is that religion? .... HOLINESS. and his law that is in our hearts is found in Micah 6:8 and NOT THE Mosaic Law" He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" . men, before Israel was a people, was walking with God, example, Genesis 5:22 "And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:" THERE WAS NO MOSAIC LAW THEN.... (smile).... o_O YIKES!. the MOSAIC LAW was under the OLD COVENANT.... which Israel broke, time after time, after time. again, and again. well now there is the LAWGIVER, and NEW MEDIATOR, Shiloh, the Messiah ... Jesus the Christ. and the Law that is in our hearts is what God ever required of US.... be HOLY, for I am Hoy. not to be Judaism, nor Christian, nor Muslem, Buddhism, ect...... unless either or all teach the REQUIREMENT of God which are found in Micah 6:8. and Micah 6:8 is summed up in one word "LOVE". God said, if you LOVE ME keep my commands. Obedience is better than sacrifice.

so, to walk with God is to OBEY HIM, and that fulfills the REQUIREMENTS of "LOVE".

so, ball game been over for you.... 2,000 years ago.

101G.

Clear

Premium Member
Clear said in post #87 :
REGARDING SOAPYS CLAIM THAT GOD WAS TALKING TO SATAN IN CREATING MAN IN "THEIR" LIKENESS.
You claimed that Jehovah was talking to Satan when he said "Let us create man in our image, in our likeness’.

Thanks in advance for explaining why you take this theological position regarding Satan.

Soapy replied in post #109 :

Actually you did.
Let me quote your exact words and give you the exact reference :

Soapy said : "And think, why was Satan wanting to be worshipped by mankind like his Creator, YAHWEH, was worshipped … because it was to HIM that YAHWEH said:

• ‘Let us create man in our image, in our likeness’ (meaning: with intelligence, wisdom, self-Will, and judgemental power)
Satan created the body of Adam… Yahweh God put the Spirit into the body to enliven it. Satan said, ‘I deserve to worshipped by these created souls (speaking of generations to come of self-procreating humans) because I helped create them. But God said ‘No!: The flesh counts for nothing - the spirit is all!’." (underlines are by Clear)

Here is the link to your post (post #1114) where you claimed Satan created the body of Adam and God was talking to Satan when saying "let us create man in our image". : Watchtower: Jesus is not "a god"!

@Soapy, If you are now admitting that this doctrine you declared regarding Satan is incorrect then that is perfectly fine and I would agree with that admission. We have NO evidence that this text meant that Satan created the body of Adam or that it was Satan that God was talking to when he said "Let us create man in our image".

Clear
σεφιακω

Soapy

Clear said in post #87 :

Soapy replied in post #109 :

Actually you did.
Let me quote your exact words and give you the exact reference :

Soapy said : "And think, why was Satan wanting to be worshipped by mankind like his Creator, YAHWEH, was worshipped … because it was to HIM that YAHWEH said:

• ‘Let us create man in our image, in our likeness’ (meaning: with intelligence, wisdom, self-Will, and judgemental power)
Satan created the body of Adam… Yahweh God put the Spirit into the body to enliven it. Satan said, ‘I deserve to worshipped by these created souls (speaking of generations to come of self-procreating humans) because I helped create them. But God said ‘No!: The flesh counts for nothing - the spirit is all!’." (underlines are by Clear)

Here is the link to your post (post #1114) where you claimed Satan created the body of Adam and God was talking to Satan when saying "let us create man in our image". : Watchtower: Jesus is not "a god"!

@Soapy, If you are now admitting that this doctrine you declared regarding Satan is incorrect then that is perfectly fine and I would agree with that admission. We have NO evidence that this text meant that Satan created the body of Adam or that it was Satan that God was talking to when he said "Let us create man in our image".

Clear
σεφιακω
Erm… I don’t see anywhere where you are quoting me saying ‘Satan created man’.

I see where you quote me saying ‘Satan created the BODY of the man’…

Creating a BODY is NOTHING to an Angel. A body is just elements of the earth put together in certain order. It takes a spirit in it to make it LIVE.
Only GOD can put a spirit in a body to make it Living.

It seems you are struggling to find something to say against what I said and you are failing badly.

By the way, what’s the purpose of the Watchtower link? I’m not JW! Or are you just trying to label my belief by some other belief system? Desperate!!!

But answer me these questions:
  1. Are you saying that angels at that time could not create human bodies?
  2. Are you saying that angels are not intelligence, wise, self-Willed, and have judgemental powers?
  3. Are you saying that the Angel that became known as ‘Satan’ (opposer) was not the highest, the most majestic, the most intelligent, the most power of all the angels of God?
  4. Are you saying that the powerful and intelligent heavenly host of angels just sat back in heaven and did nothing while God, their creator and them as servants, did nothing concerning creation?
A rich man telling friends about the great house he lives in says ‘Yep, I built it 2 years ago. Took 6 months and I went on holiday in the seventh month just to rest’. The rich man DID NOT BUILD THE HOUSE HIMSELF… it was built FOR HIM by those whom he employed using the POWER of his MONEY and the command as to how it should be constructed. He doesn’t credit any of the workers or the architect since they are irrelevant to the conversation.
He tells his friends. ‘I built it all by myself’… ‘there was no one else who put in money to help me do it; I didn’t borrow from the bank nor from friends and family .. all my own power created this house. I, alone created all that you see - the house is mine and ind alone and I will not give the glory of it to anyone else.’

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
so every one of the OT prophets spoke hyperbole also then. .... (smile).... LOL, LOL, LOL, nonsense. you been caught in a ERROR. 101G suggest you repent and be baptized in the Name of JESUS, the OBLY TRUE and LIVING GOD.

when the Lord Jesus said that he is the Shiloh to come, (the Messiah) .... that ended your religion of Judaism. because the BRANCH, (who is Christ, Shiloh), will build the Temple of God, (no more sacrifices), and it want be a physical Temple built with human hands, lol Oh my.

so, GAME over for you and JUDAISM....... there is the TRUE RELIGION which has been here before the Lord Jesus Laid the Foundation of the world. what is that religion? .... HOLINESS. and his law that is in our hearts is found in Micah 6:8 and NOT THE Mosaic Law" He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" . men, before Israel was a people, was walking with God, example, Genesis 5:22 "And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:" THERE WAS NO MOSAIC LAW THEN.... (smile).... o_O YIKES!. the MOSAIC LAW was under the OLD COVENANT.... which Israel broke, time after time, after time. again, and again. well now there is the LAWGIVER, and NEW MEDIATOR, Shiloh, the Messiah ... Jesus the Christ. and the Law that is in our hearts is what God ever required of US.... be HOLY, for I am Hoy. not to be Judaism, nor Christian, nor Muslem, Buddhism, ect...... unless either or all teach the REQUIREMENT of God which are found in Micah 6:8. and Micah 6:8 is summed up in one word "LOVE". God said, if you LOVE ME keep my commands. Obedience is better than sacrifice.

so, to walk with God is to OBEY HIM, and that fulfills the REQUIREMENTS of "LOVE".

so, ball game been over for you.... 2,000 years ago.

101G.

That's not hyperbole. Hyperbole is, "any of you can move mountains if you beleive" "any of you can do what I did with this fig tree and more" "you must eat my flesh and drink my blood for eternal life." "You will get whatever you ask for in my name" The list goes on and on.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
makes no difference, the LIGHTS are OUT for U.... (smile)... LOL, LOL, LOL. Oh dear,

101G.

And you failed to hurt me, even a little. So either you are not speaking truth, or you're wrong. Probably both.

101G

That's not hyperbole. Hyperbole is, "any of you can move mountains if you beleive" "any of you can do what I did with this fig tree and more" "you must eat my flesh and drink my blood for eternal life." "You will get whatever you ask for in my name" The list goes on and on.
did he say that at the well? no he was direct, " I that speak unto thee am he". did he speak Hyperbole here? NO. so you try to add what he said in John 6:53 in order to deceive? now we ask you for the LAST time did he speak Hyperbole here in John 4 with the woman at the well yes or NO. we will now know your true self.

101G.

101G

Erm… I don’t see anywhere where you are quoting me saying ‘Satan created man’.

I see where you quote me saying ‘Satan created the BODY of the man’…

Creating a BODY is NOTHING to an Angel. A body is just elements of the earth put together in certain order. It takes a spirit in it to make it LIVE.
Only GOD can put a spirit in a body to make it Living.
you been caught in a ERROR, better known as a LIE. no angel created any human body, only God. now, if an angel created a human body, post book chapter, and verse to this effect. 101G will be looking for that scripture.

now as for the we, and the our in Genesis 1:26, this is God speaking of himself, (with himself), that is to come in the ECHAD as Last. there is only ONE PERSON PRESENT at Genesis 1:26.

the US and the Our is the ECHAD of, of, of, God that was to come.

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
did he say that at the well? no he was direct, " I that speak unto thee am he". did he speak Hyperbole here? NO. so you try to add what he said in John 6:53 in order to deceive? now we ask you for the LAST time did he speak Hyperbole here in John 4 with the woman at the well yes or NO. we will now know your true self.

101G.

LOL, he said Amen when he spoke about moving mountains. He swore to heaven that anyone would be able to move mountains if they believed. If it's not hyperbole then he's a liar and gave an unholy oath. Which is it? Hyperbole or liar?

Screenshot_20230512_144342.jpg

Here's John.

Amen, Amen, he swears to heaven and earth. Is this another unholy oath, or was he just exaggerating for effect?

Screenshot_20230512_144517.jpg

This is, of course typical for you. You don't know the original language. You don't know what it means.

Of course it's hyperbole. Otherwise he is advocating something which is absolutely prohibited.

Your own scripture says do not eat blood in Acts.

Screenshot_20230512_144809.jpg

Wake - up 101G. Your savior spoke in hyperbole, and that means he exaggerated. He exaggerated about himself, right there in John. he exagerateed about others, he exaggerated about himself. He's a big talker.