• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘Jesus was WITH GOD’ therefore Jesus WAS GOD?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
That’s not what you and I need to worry about even as we can use that as our comfort. We need to worry about Satan coming after us - as he will!! And he is here in this forum and in this thread…

Samuel knows what to do:

1 Sam 12:23-24
Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and the right way;​
Only fear the Lord, and serve him in truth with all your heart; and consider how great things he has done for you.​

I have no fear of Satan. Satan, among other things, is predictable.

101G

Samuel knows what to do:

Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and the right way;​
Only fear the Lord, and serve him in truth with all your heart; and consider how great things he has done for you.​

@rosends also. 1 Samuel 12:23 "Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way:" 1 Samuel 12:24 "Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you."

another word for "Serve" is Worship. and another word for "Heart" here is spirit
do you KNOW what you just did? confirmed the NT, again. Serve God in Spirit and TRUTH. John 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him." John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

understand, you want to need a PHYICIAL TEMPLE to "WORSHIP/SERVE God. one does it in spirit, and in truth. for there is no need to sacrifice, for those in the Spirit, JESUS, the Holy Spirit is no longer subject to Sin, WHY? because of the BINDING COVENANT, or the NEW COVENANT we have with God. for he perfected us one and for all. yes, that Melchizedek priesthood. and not the Levitical priesthood. NO MORE SACRFICES, so why build another Temple when we're his Temple?

you might want to make a cross reference of the two.... (smile). what the prophet Samuel said, "but I will teach you the good and the right way:". what did the Lord Jesus do? "Teach us the Good and RIGHT WAY"

101G.

101G

@rosends also. 1 Samuel 12:23 "Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way:" 1 Samuel 12:24 "Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you."
@rosends, you didn';t know that was there .... did you. one does not serve God in a temple made with human hands, but hands eternal. That's why one must be, got to be, "BORN AGAIN".

did you know HEAR the Prophet that was RAISED UP as Moses, the Lawgiver, the Messiah, Shiloh? ... the Lord JESUS? John 2:19 "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." John 2:20 "Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?" John 2:21 "But he spake of the temple of his body."

yes in Spirit and TRUTH. going to a man made temple want count for nothing.... :rolleyes: YIKES!

101G.

rosends

@rosends, you didn';t know that was there .... did you. one does not serve God in a temple made with human hands, but hands eternal. That's why one must be, got to be, "BORN AGAIN".

did you know HEAR the Prophet that was RAISED UP as Moses, the Lawgiver, the Messiah, Shiloh? ... the Lord JESUS? John 2:19 "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." John 2:20 "Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?" John 2:21 "But he spake of the temple of his body."

yes in Spirit and TRUTH. going to a man made temple want count for nothing.... :rolleyes: YIKES!

101G.
It's hard to know things when you are constantly making new stories up. You are trying to connect words by using only the English and the conflated concepts that are actually different, and you are taking verses out of context to pretend that they mean what you want them to mean. It's all pretty funny to watch.

101G

It's hard to know things when you are constantly making new stories up. You are trying to connect words by using only the English and the conflated concepts that are actually different, and you are taking verses out of context to pretend that they mean what you want them to mean. It's all pretty funny to watch.
Excuses, are pretty funny to watch...... LOL, LOL, LOL, .... :p YIKES!

101G

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
understand, you want to need a PHYICIAL TEMPLE to "WORSHIP/SERVE God. one does it in spirit, and in truth. for there is no need to sacrifice, for those in the Spirit, JESUS, the Holy Spirit is no longer subject to Sin, WHY? because of the BINDING COVENANT, or the NEW COVENANT we have with God. for he perfected us one and for all. yes, that Melchizedek priesthood. and not the Levitical priesthood. NO MORE SACRFICES, so why build another Temple when we're his Temple?

The simple answer is there needs to be both.

Proverbs 3:6
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths.​
In all our ways means, both a physical temple and a spiritual temple. Physical commandments and spiritual commandments. Both are needed.

101G

In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths.
he told you to Worship him in Spirit and TRUTH. that's the Path..... hello? just like our Brother Stephen said, Acts 7:51 "Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye."

we suggest you read Acts 6 & 7

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
he told you to Worship him in Spirit and TRUTH. that's the Path..... hello? just like our Brother Stephen said, Acts 7:51 "Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye."

we suggest you read Acts 6 & 7

You asked a question, and I answered. If you don't like the answer, feel free to ignore it.

101G

You asked a question, and I answered. If you don't like the answer, feel free to ignore it.
GINOLJC, to all
Answering and UNDERSTANDING is two different animals. just to answer means NOTHING if you don't UNDERSTAND what you're answering to. then your answer is no Good.

understand what you're answering to. but I do thank you for at least answering... ok.

101G.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Samuel knows what to do:

Take this as a warning only:
  • It is always a good thing to have a healthy fear of one who is the master of deception and lies. In fact, it is this same one who convinced you to claim you do not fear him!!!

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Take this as a warning only:
  • It is always a good thing to have a healthy fear of one who is the master of deception and lies. In fact, it is this same one who convinced you to claim you do not fear him!!!

Let's be clear, please? Samuel the prophet is saying "Only fear the Lord." I am listening to Samuel. Samuel is the one who convinced me. You're saying the same one who convinced not to fear Satan is Satan. That leads to be a pretty bizarre conclusion. Am I understanding you? Samuel is Satan?

Clear

Premium Member
REGARDING SOAPY'S CLAIM THAT IT WAS SATAN THAT WAS WITH GOD AND THAT IT WAS SATAN WHO CREATED THE BODY OF ADAM

Hi @Soapy

You claimed that Jehovah was talking to Satan when he said "Let us create man in our image, in our likeness’.
Can you refer to the scriptures you are using to develop this doctrine and explain why you interpret the scriptures in this way?

You also claim that "Satan created the Body of Adam."
Can you refer to the scriptures you are using to develop this doctrine and explain why you interpret the scriptures in this way?

Thanks in advance for explaining why you take this theological position regarding Satan.

Clear
φισενεω

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The first and last of anything is the only one of its kind….

Jesus is the first and the last to be raised from the dead by God.

Jesus is the first and last to be eternally completely sinless - the one and only man who is has never sinned.

YHWH is the first and last deity of the Jews - their one and only God.

YHWH is the first and last creator of all things - the one and only creator.

YHWH, the ruler of the spirit kingdom, created a physical kingdom to be ruled over by a physical ruler who is His image. This physical rulership was the temptation that Satan offered to Jesus in the wilderness temptation trials.

The physical world rulership is current in the hands of a steward, Satan, who knows his position is untenable, even though he would have to hand it over to the one from mankind who YHWH chose as his perfect Son (whomever it turned out to be!) Satan tried to hold onto his stewardship and obtain worship from mankind (‘Bow down to me and I will give it to you!’ Which was a lie but that’s who Satan is: The father of the lie!) but failed and is awaiting his fate - which is eternal destruction!

Disprove it?
It's interesting to note that God cannot be tried or tempted by evil. James 1:13. The Bible says that Jesus was tempted by the Devil. But did not give in. have a nice evening.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
None of this contradicts, replaces, or invalidates what I brought.

Sorry, this makes Peter a false prophet.
It does? Why? Maybe I didn't understand the context of what you were discussing. Please explain, thank you @dybmh.

Soapy

Let's be clear, please? Samuel the prophet is saying "Only fear the Lord." I am listening to Samuel. Samuel is the one who convinced me. You're saying the same one who convinced not to fear Satan is Satan. That leads to be a pretty bizarre conclusion. Am I understanding you? Samuel is Satan?
You are doing the work of Satan in your response.

It is clear that Samuel is not Satan. You know that but yet you couldn’t resist the temptation to bring disrepute to the truth that was presented to you: That is exactly what a Satan (a opposer) does.

You are pretending (or are you just lacking understanding) that having HEALTHY FEAR is a good way to live.

Healthy fear means being mindful not to do what is wrong due to the consequences of doing what is wrong. Should you healthily fear the principal of your school who will hand you a detention for some misdemeanour against the school rules?

But UNHEALTHY FEAR is like Jonah running away from what God ordered him to do. The problem here is that Jonah WRONGFULLY FEARED the wrath of the people of Nineveh and SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE AGAINST the orders of God.

But you say that you have neither healthy nor unhealthy fear of Satan? You don’t fear Satan misleading you???

I’ll let others show you the truth of that silly claim!!

Soapy

It's interesting to note that God cannot be tried or tempted by evil. James 1:13. The Bible says that Jesus was tempted by the Devil. But did not give in. have a nice evening.
Tempted by the devil - Not only written in the book of James but also noted in the synoptic gospels.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It does? Why? Maybe I didn't understand the context of what you were discussing. Please explain, thank you @dybmh.

Isaiah 45:17

But Israel will be saved by Jehovah with an everlasting salvation. You will not be put to shame or disgraced for all eternity.​
Acts 4:10-12

let it be known to all of YOU and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·reneʹ, whom YOU impaled but whom God raised up from the dead, by this one does this man stand here sound in front of YOU. 11 This is ‘the stone that was treated by YOU builders as of no account that has become the head of the corner.12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”

Isaiah gives the name of who will save Israel. Acts gives a completely different name. Proof positive for a false prophet.
The speaker of the words in Acts 4 ( if it actually occured ) is saying "There is no other name ... There is no salvation in anyone else ... except Jesus Christ." That is a complete contradiction with Isaiah and so many other verses in the Hebrew bible. A person might, maybe, be able to get away with saying "This name also saves." But saying "this name and this name only saves", that is false prophet territory. According to Acts, again, if it's true, the speaker had performed wonders, but now is preaching for a different god, is promoting a different god, with a different name, and inciting others to follow this other god. If you review Deuteronomy 13, you'll see, someone behaving like this is a test. It is someone for the Jewish people to forceably remove without mercy.

Soapy

But Israel will be saved by Jehovah with an everlasting salvation. You will not be put to shame or disgraced for all eternity.​
Acts 4:10-12

let it be known to all of YOU and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·reneʹ, whom YOU impaled but whom God raised up from the dead, by this one does this man stand here sound in front of YOU. 11 This is ‘the stone that was treated by YOU builders as of no account that has become the head of the corner.12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”

Isaiah gives the name of who will save Israel. Acts gives a completely different name. Proof positive for a false prophet.
The speaker of the words in Acts 4 ( if it actually occured ) is saying "There is no other name ... There is no salvation in anyone else ... except Jesus Christ." That is a complete contradiction with Isaiah and so many other verses in the Hebrew bible. A person might, maybe, be able to get away with saying "This name also saves." But saying "this name and this name only saves", that is false prophet territory. According to Acts, again, if it's true, the speaker had performed wonders, but now is preaching for a different god, is promoting a different god, with a different name, and inciting others to follow this other god. If you review Deuteronomy 13, you'll see, someone behaving like this is a test. It is someone for the Jewish people to forceably remove without mercy.
The concept is simple: God, YHWH, Jehovah, the Father, IS THE SAVIOUR according to the time period and the greater majesty.

God explicitly states in Isaiah 42:1 that he will send his SERVANT to bring salvation to His people.

Is it not easy enough to hear the words: “I will save you by sending my servant WHO WILL DO MY BIDDING’, and understand the order of salvational process:
  • A King hears of a far off diaspora of his people who are in danger of being annihilated by a foreign force
  • The King dispatches a messenger to the land to tell his people that though they willingly set themselves apart from him, he will nonetheless save them before they are wiped out if they believe in his power
  • In the fullness of time the King learns of a heroic citizen among his people in that country. The king empowers this one, arms him with knowledge, skilfulness, diplomacy, and the willingness to lay down his life to save the group
  • The task of salvation requires defeating the ruler of the land in which the kings people are living. The one will die in the event of defeating the tyrant. But the defeated one will loosen the death penalty on the kings people
  • The reward for the one is eternal glory - at the sound of his name all the kings people will bend their knee to this hero ensuring he ‘lives eternally’
Now, who is the saviour?

Answer: The saviour is not binary. There is order to the process. The hero could only perform his part in the act because the king empowered him - the salvation starts with the king:
  • ‘I will save my people’
and flows down to the hero:
  • ‘My servant will do my bidding’
  • “You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached—how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.” (Acts 10:37-38)
The hero succeeded because the power of the king was with him.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
You are doing the work of Satan in your response.

It is clear that Samuel is not Satan. You know that but yet you couldn’t resist the temptation to bring disrepute to the truth that was presented to you: That is exactly what a Satan (a opposer) does.

You are pretending (or are you just lacking understanding) that having HEALTHY FEAR is a good way to live.

Healthy fear means being mindful not to do what is wrong due to the consequences of doing what is wrong. Should you healthily fear the principal of your school who will hand you a detention for some misdemeanour against the school rules?

But UNHEALTHY FEAR is like Jonah running away from what God ordered him to do. The problem here is that Jonah WRONGFULLY FEARED the wrath of the people of Nineveh and SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE AGAINST the orders of God.

But you say that you have neither healthy nor unhealthy fear of Satan? You don’t fear Satan misleading you???

I’ll let others show you the truth of that silly claim!!

I only fear God. Per Samuel. Satan? I crush its head as instructed by God. Please bring one verse from the Hebrew bible which says I should fear anything other than God. Or, alternatively please bring a verse from the Hebrew bible that claims I should fear Satan?

Ya know what? Expand that search. I double-dog-dare-you to find me any verse anywhere that says I should fear Satan.

This isn't even my scripture, it's yours. Do you deny its truth?

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.​

Mark 12:30
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.​

This is the first commandment. If I love the Lord my God, in perfect love, where is the fear of Satan? Poof. It's gone.

101G

But Israel will be saved by Jehovah with an everlasting salvation. You will not be put to shame or disgraced for all eternity.
Romans 11:26 "And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:"

this was written in Psalms 14:7 "Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad."

then you said, "Isaiah gives the name of who will save Israel. Acts gives a completely different name. Proof positive for a false prophet."

Isaiah said the "LORD" , or your Jehovah will save all Israel .... WITH AN EVERLASTING SALVATION". correct.

ALL ISRAEL, MEANING ISRAEL EVERYWHERE. .... so then, they must be gathered, correct, supportive scripture.
Isaiah 11:11 "And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea." Isaiah 11:12 "And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth." and also the Psalmist said, Psalms 106:47 "Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise."

was not this "gathering" foretold as to who will gather all Israel? let's check the record. Genesis 49:10 "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be."
and this Shiloh is the Christ, JESUS by Name and "Lord" by title.

Shiloh: H7886 שִׁילֹה Shiyloh (shee-lo') n/p.
1. tranquil.
2. Shiloh, an epithet of the Messiah.
[from H7951]
KJV: Shiloh.
Root(s): H7951

and this Messiah is Jesus the Christ/Shiloh, of Acts 4:10-12.

101G.