• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews believe Jesus is not the messiah

outhouse

Atheistically
Then you should know that at Yale evolution is taught as fact.

Sad :rolleyes:

Evolution is fact, and it is taught in every credible country in every credible university around the world as higher knowledge.

Your refusal is just sad that some of humanity believes mythology instead of facts.

outhouse

Atheistically
The Holy Spirit, the Comforter makes known to us all things.

Unless your required to have real knowledge.

No spirit has ever taught a doctor to do a modern surgery.

No spirit gives out diplomas.

So sorry if I don't believe you and tell you to provide CREDIBLE sources.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Sad :rolleyes:

Evolution is fact, and it is taught in every credible country in every credible university around the world as higher knowledge.

Your refusal is just sad that some of humanity believes mythology instead of facts.

Macroevolution is not fact. To assume it is fact is just that, an assumption.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
My original point was that it was not merely the jews that did not accept Jesu. Hence, also inferring that there is more to the topic than religious belief; because, also, Romans would have witnessed the miracles etc as well.

I don't understand your 2nd sentence. Of course it was not merely the Jews that did not believe.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Again, your credentials? By what preposterous admixture of willful ignorance and hubris do you counterpose yourself to the overwhelming consensus of science. It's silly. It should be embarrassing.

Your assumptions are ignorant, sir.

1. No one has ever proved macroevolution as factual. Post your proof, if you can.
2. The overwhelming consensus of science is just a bunch of people who generally agree on some theory. It proves nothing. Such a consensus gleefully assumed Galileo was an idiot and that the Earth was flat.
3. Your fallacious straw man argument should embarass you.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
<yawn>

ignore-list
</yawn>

Good. You are much too prideful to take part in such a discussion, anyway. Had you admitted that you cannot prove your assumption rather than huff about it I would have gladly continued this discussion with you.

Since you will not you may continue to build on your arguments made of straw so that an ignorant person can burn it all up with just a spark. ;)

Good day to you, sir.

Flankerl

God is omnipotent.

Well mine is. But I hear some omnipotent Gods have problems keeping their Angels in check who tend to rebel and build their own little Kingdom in the depths of the Earth.

A bit weird but what do I know.

Again, the book of Hebrews elaborates greatly on this question. I suggest you reread it.

Checked my TaNaKh, its not in there.

You simply reject the fact that the Tanakh could be refering to Jesus Christ as Messiah. Yes, I already know that.

http://www.brithadasha.org/index.php/messianic-judaism/messianic-prophecies

Cute Christian site. Not of any relevance to Jews.

You also simply reject the fact that the TaNaKh is about me.

and that the Earth was flat.

This has got to be the biggest reoccurring misinformation ever. That the Earth was indeed spherical is a fact from antiquity.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Well mine is. But I hear some omnipotent Gods have problems keeping their Angels in check who tend to rebel and build their own little Kingdom in the depths of the Earth.

A bit weird but what do I know.

Checked my TaNaKh, its not in there.

Cute Christian site. Not of any relevance to Jews.

You also simply reject the fact that the TaNaKh is about me.

This has got to be the biggest reoccurring misinformation ever. That the Earth was indeed spherical is a fact from antiquity.

1. Yet this angel, Satan, must get permission from God before he can do anything. See the book of Job.

2. I do not think you know very much about the Tanakh, else you would have known your opening sentence is quite incorrect.

3. Job is there.

4. The Tanakh is about God's relationship with humans, mainly the descendants of Israel. But it is about Gentiles also because God loves them, too.

5. You are quite misinformed. America was almost not discovered by Columbus because several major kings denied Columbus ships because they were quite sure he would sail them off the end of the earth.

You need new history teachers and rabbis because you are quite misinformed.

God bless you and have a good day.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
2. The overwhelming consensus of science is just a bunch of people who generally agree on some theory. It proves nothing. Such a consensus gleefully assumed Galileo was an idiot and that the Earth was flat.

The "consensus" you are referring to was a large group of Catholics being led by the Bible and the Holy Spirit.
Rather like yourself.
Tom

Flankerl

1. Yet this angel, Satan, must get permission from God before he can do anything. See the book of Job.

So he got permission from your God to be his own little God so that they could fight over mankind until they'd fight it out at Armageddon?

I am not really sure who of those two is the bigger butthole.

2. I do not think you know very much about the Tanakh, else you would have known your opening sentence is quite incorrect.

Care to elaborate? Let me guess its about Jesus.

3. Job is there.

The so called "Book of Hebrews" is Christian scripture and so of no relevance to Judaism or Jews.

4. The Tanakh is about God's relationship with humans, mainly the descendants of Israel. But it is about Gentiles also because God loves them, too.

Yeah and signs of me. Your real messiah. There is going to be a book about it which makes it true.

5. You are quite misinformed. America was almost not discovered by Columbus because several major kings denied Columbus ships because they were quite sure he would sail them off the end of the earth.

First of all fun fact: America was discovered by the Norse from Iceland.
And is US education really that bad? The belief that the earth was flat didn't exist in relevant circles in the middle ages.
Especially not among the advisors of royalty in the late middle ages..

You need new history teachers and rabbis because you are quite misinformed.

Let me guess, Jesus is the light.

gnostic

The Lost One
Dont think they even liked him as a baby the story goes King Herod sent out soldiers to kill all new born males.
The story of Herod is made up my in Matthew 2, whoever may be the author of that gospel.

There is nothing to confirm anything what the gospel wrote about Jesus' birth, and Luke's version make no mention of the massacre or the exile of Jesus' family to Egypt.

Not that the gospel of Luke is any better. Both authors (whoever they may be), have penchant for exaggerating about Jesus' birth, therefore both versions are unreliable.

gnostic

The Lost One
A number of prophecies about the messiah were never fulfilled by Jesus. So understandably the Jews have every rights to not accept him as a messiah.

And there were some prophecies that Christians believe to be prophecies about the messiah, were actually not prophecies about the messiah.

The 4 quotes in Matthew 1 & 2 are clearly not related to the messiah:

Matthew 1:23, cf Isaiah 7:14
Matthew 2:6 , cf Micah 5:2
Matthew 2:15 , cf Hosea 11:1
Matthew 2:18 , cf Jeremiah 31:15​

When you read the quoted verses with the surrounding texts, it is clear that the (gospel) author had taken his sources out-of-context. It is just shameless propaganda.

Matthew 1:23 ignored the following verses of Isaiah 7 (15-17), which put the event to happen in Isaiah and Ahaz' lifetime. None of them (Isaiah 7:14-17) remotely relate to a messiah.

Matthew 2:6 ignored Micah's 4 verses (5:3-6). The ruler is supposed to crush Assyrian army should they ever invade Israel.

Hosea 11:1-4 speak of something that have already happened, and related to the Kingdom of Israel, in which people had turn away from God. The 2nd verse state that "they" as in "Israel" had worshipped Ba'al:

Hosea 11:1-2 said:
1 When Israel was a child, I loved him,
and out of Egypt I called my son.
2 The more I called them,
the more they went from me;
they kept sacrificing to the Baals,
and offering incense to idols.
If Hosea 11:1 relate Israel to Jesus, does that mean Jesus was a idol-worshipper (11:2)?

SpeaksForTheTrees

This is credible knowledge taught worldwide. It is not up for debate. I suggest you look up the word FACT and learn exactly what the definition consist of.

We agree that the following evidence-based facts about the origins and evolution of the Earth and of life on this planet have been established by numerous observations and independently derived experimental results from a multitude of scientific disciplines. Even if there are still many open questions about the precise details of evolutionary change, scientific evidence has never contradicted these results:

1. In a universe that has evolved towards its present configuration for some 11 to 15 billion years, our Earth formed approximately 4.5 billion years ago.
  2. Since its formation, the Earth – its geology and its environments – has changed under the effect of numerous physical and chemical forces and continues to do so.
  3. Life appeared on Earth at least 2.5 billion years ago. The evolution, soon after, of photosynthetic organisms enabled, from at least 2 billion years ago, the slow transformation of the atmosphere to one containing substantial quantities of oxygen. In addition to the release of the oxygen that we breathe, the process of photosynthesis is the ultimate source of fixed energy and food upon which human life on the planet depends.
  4. Since its first appearance on Earth, life has taken many forms, all of which continue to evolve, in ways which palaeontology and the modern biological and biochemical sciences are describing and independently confirming with increasing precision. Commonalities in the structure of the genetic code of all organisms living today, including humans, clearly indicate their common primordial origin.
Al Bari
The One who evolves and re-creates that which exists.

Akivah

Yes. I'm only asking you to read Hebrews and try to refute the logic of the author. If you pray and read it again and decide it isn't truth then that is your choice.

How do know that I never read it? Suppose I tell you that I've read the Christian bible cover to cover and found it to be a load of hooey.