• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews believe Jesus is not the messiah

SpeaksForTheTrees

i personally believe Jesus was the messiah but why do Jews say he is not.
Judaism and Islam dont need a messiah the connection is direct to God is my understanding.
Jesus is a acceptable connection to God is my belief so is irrelevant what the jews think.
Dont think they even liked him as a baby the story goes King Herod sent out soldiers to kill all new born males.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
i personally believe Jesus was the messiah but why do Jews say he is not.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forums/messianic-judaism-dir.85/

Judaism and Islam dont need a messiah the connection is direct to God is my understanding.
Jesus is a acceptable connection to God is my belief so is irrelevant what the jews think.
Dont think they even liked him as a baby the story goes King Herod sent out soldiers to kill all new born males.

You're certainly not 'SpeaksForTheJews'... so don't.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
because (and this has been stated many times, many places, and, no doubt, better than I can) according to the Jewish idea of a messiah

he lacked the personal qualities
he lacked the ancestry
he was never anointed
he did not fulfill the role
the messianic age didn't begin

I wonder why anyone thinks he WAS a messiah.
hi rosends

I have this question

What the Jewish History tells about Jesus (pbuh) ? i mean is there any credible records about Jesus (pbuh) in Jewish History ?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
We Muslims believe that Jesus (pbuh) is Messiah and believe that he is not God , Jesus (pbuh) never be in cross or killed . (he saved by God)

rosends

hi rosends

I have this question

What the Jewish History tells about Jesus (pbuh) ? i mean is there any credible records about Jesus (pbuh) in Jewish History ?
Nothing credible, no. Some cite Josephus (which is not formally "Jewish" history) and some look at passages in the talmud which some interpret to be about Jesus, but nothing formal.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Nothing credible, no. Some cite Josephus (which is not formally "Jewish" history) and some look at passages in the talmud which some interpret to be about Jesus, but nothing formal.
ah , ok bro

so your opinion based on beliefs of Christianity (as critic) ? not about Historic events about Jesus (pbuh) ?

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Acts 28
25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,

26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:

27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Romans 11
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:

10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Romans 11
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:

10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
Romans 9:5-8
What do you take from these few passages?

First Baseman

Retired athlete
When one looks at all of the prophecies concerning the coming Messiah I don't see how one could possibly deny it is Jesus Christ.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
When one looks at all of the prophecies concerning the coming Messiah I don't see how one could possibly deny it is Jesus Christ.

Had a philosophy teacher who was also a Rabbi who explained that the prophecies indicated that the Messiah would issue in the "Messianic Age", the golden age for the Jews. This was interpreted in a physical sense by the Jews, and of course this was not the case after the coming of Jesus. So Jesus may have been a prophet but not the Messiah in the strictest sense of the prophecies.

Flankerl

We generally aren't big on human sacrifices.

Davarim 12:29-31
When the Lord, your God cuts off the nations to which you will come to drive them out from before you, and when you drive them out and dwell in their land,

beware, lest you be attracted after them, after they are exterminated from before you; and lest you inquire about their gods, saying, "How did these nations serve their gods? And I will do likewise."

You shall not do so to the Lord, your God; for every abomination to the Lord which He hates, they did to their gods, for also their sons and their daughters they would burn in fire to their gods.

And we are rather weird as we believe that everyone is responsible for his or her own sins

Devarim 24:16
Fathers shall not be put to death because of sons, nor shall sons be put to death because of fathers; each man shall be put to death for his own transgression.

And regarding the whole God as a human stuff

Hoshea 11:9
I will not execute the kindling of My anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim, for I am God and not a man. In your midst is the Holy One, and I will not enter a city.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Because they were the closest witnesses to what really happened.

Ciao

- viole

And many of them were put to death because they refused to recant the belief that Christ rose from the dead. Not even one of the original Jewish Christians refused to recant rather than be put to death. So all of these Jewish people died for a lie? You really believe that?