• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews believe Jesus is not the messiah

First Baseman

Retired athlete
So, I get to choose between you and Blinkensopp. Shucks - whatever should I do? Let's see:
Your hubris is laughable.

You should be relying on your personal prayer life and your faith in God for truth. Truth is not found in man, it is found in God. You should know that.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Do you also realize that Jews give zero authority to the Christian bible?

Yes. I'm only asking you to read Hebrews and try to refute the logic of the author. If you pray and read it again and decide it isn't truth then that is your choice.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
He may be a YEC. If so were not going to get him to address anything outside his apologetics.

What I say and what men say without divine inspiration is meaningless. What God says is what counts. The Jews understand that. Like I said, you have no part in this discussion.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The Jewish expectation was that the Messiah would lead them to victory over the Romans like the deeds of previous Jewish hero's Moses and David. Jesus was asked to lead a Jewish revolt but He refused.

The Jews never expected that the Messiah would be a Son of God sent to give all of us a more modern idea of God.

The Jews acted in a very typical human manner, if it's not all about me then I won't believe in it.

Well, so did the Romans, or, many of them. They would have witnessed some of the same things as the believers, like the ascension, and miracles. And they did not embrace Jesu until the priest-king Constantine basically enforced the belief.

Last edited:

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Well, so did the Romans, or, many of them. They would have witnessed some of the same things as the believers, like the ascension, and miracles. And they did not embrace Jesu until our priest-king Constantine basically enforced the belief. After that, even the reluctance continued, and various churchites muddled the theology etc, in their various positions and places, whether because they did not accept the actual beliefs, or because they wanted to include their own beliefs in Xian religion. After that, others goofed the Scriptures to fit their theology as well, and now it's a confused mess.

:)

Hardly. The scriptures have been preserved by God through the Holy Spirit. There is no confused mess except in the minds of those who know not the power of God.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Hardly. The scriptures have been preserved by God through the Holy Spirit. There is no confused mess except in the minds of those who know not the power of God.
You just contradicted yourself. You said there is no confused mess, then you said ''except in'' etc etc.

So, is there a confused mess, or not?

First Baseman

Retired athlete
You just contradicted yourself. You said there is no confused mess, then you said ''except in'' etc etc.

So, is there a confused mess, or not?

Only in the minds of those who do not know the power of God. There is no confused mess as far as scripture is concerned, which is what was implied by the post I commented on.

And I did not contradict myself. You merely twisted my words around. You generalized my post and committed fallacy in doing so.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Only in the minds of those who do not know the power of God. There is no confused mess as far as scripture is concerned, which is what was implied by the post I commented on.

Apples and oranges. And it's quite easy to read Scripture and get the incorrect idea/s/. If you refuse to aknowledge this, then we have nothing to discuss.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
the highlighted portions show that you admit that there is a confused mess. It's right there, you state it yourself.