• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your short story or one sentence, Why Do You love God?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
What makes you think it is a "who" or that it required "making"? Talk about a loaded question...
Gravity is the distortion of space-time in the presence of mass, as per Einstein's model.

Also, even IF we would bend over backwards and say that some entity "made" gravity (whatever that means), from that it still doesn't follow that some planet being in orbit at a certain distance requires any more of a special explanation the some other planet orbitting its star at some other distance.

So regardless, this (loaded) question doesn't get you anywhere anyway....
Sounds like moving the goalposts.

Evolution is a theory of biology.

Not sure how this question is relevant to anything.

In any case: no.
You are an anonymous person on the interwebs.
For me to call someone a "friend", that person needs to be in my social circle in person and we would require social bonding.
Einstein did not make gravity, by the way.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
I love her because I can't not.

Besides, she loved me first, so it was only fair. :tongueout:
So you must believe God is a Female, you have a right to believe however you like. But I surely agree with you on the love you express! :heart:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You're right, but it is friendliness with strangers from other countries. People being friendly even though they have never met. :)

Watch a Coca-Cola ad and you'll see something similar (and the tithes for Coke drinking are much more reasonable).

Would they be as friendly if they found out that the stranger they're talking to was gay or got their kid a life-saving blood transfusion?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
This video will explain fully why I would extend Friendship to Anyone? Why friendship will pay off over-time, beginning with the first step!

I'm not interested in JW propaganda.

I can't be "friends" with anonymous people on the internet that I never met in real life.
It has nothing to do with you or what you believe or not.

Meanwhile, you completely ignored the actual points of discussion regarding gravity etc.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
I'm not interested in JW propaganda.

I can't be "friends" with anonymous people on the internet that I never met in real life.
It has nothing to do with you or what you believe or not.

Meanwhile, you completely ignored the actual points of discussion regarding gravity etc.
Thanks anyway.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
What do you mean "so"? You gotta be kidding.

No, I'm not kidding.
You said it as if it is significant in some way in context of evolution.
I'm asking you how it is significant in that context.

It's almost like saying so big deal, you're alive, right? (I guess so...)
No.

Here's an illustration of your "so what" argument:

"Only the peregrine falcon is capable of flying at speeds exceeding 320 km/h. No other bird or animal has the ability to move at that speed!"

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Einstein did not make gravity, by the way.

I don't even know how to respond to such a stupid comment.

It's not even in the category of "not even wrong". It's on a whole other level.

Why on earth would you say such a thing?
Did anything in my post even remotely hint at Einstein "making gravity"?

:facepalm::shrug:

YoursTrue

You're right, but it is friendliness with strangers from other countries. People being friendly even though they have never met. :)
Unlike others, these strangers will likely die for one another instead of killing each other if the government or other circumstances calls them to do so. Thank you for a lovely presentation of love, walt.

YoursTrue

Unlike others, these strangers will likely die for one another instead of killing each other if the government or other circumstances calls them to do so. Thank you for a lovely presentation of love, walt.
Watch a Coca-Cola ad and you'll see something similar (and the tithes for Coke drinking are much more reasonable).

Would they be as friendly if they found out that the stranger they're talking to was gay or got their kid a life-saving blood transfusion?
friendly is as friendly does. We all have a 24-hour day. Some people sleep more than others. I have homosexual neighbors. I show them respect. But the practice of homosexuality as well as adultery and murder is not something the God I love and worship approves of in the Bible. Homosexuals and adulterers, etc., can celebrate Christmas, take and give blood transfusions, celebrate Easter -- that's up to them. I do not show disrespect, but it is God that makes the decisions. What does your God say about these things? or do you believe in a God of whatever making you believe in?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
friendly is as friendly does. We all have a 24-hour day. Some people sleep more than others. I have homosexual neighbors. I show them respect. But the practice of homosexuality as well as adultery and murder is not something the God I love and worship approves of in the Bible. Homosexuals and adulterers, etc., can celebrate Christmas, take and give blood transfusions, celebrate Easter -- that's up to them.

Exactly my point: your "friendliness" is conditional. The warmth in the video - to the extent that a marketing video can be relied on at all - is reserved for members of your in-group and proselytizing prosepects.

I do not show disrespect, but it is God that makes the decisions.

Comparing your gay neighbours to murderers is an example of disrespect.

And you are responsible for your own decisions; you don't get to pawn that off on God.

Plenty of Christians have found more charitable interpretations of the Bible than yours, and even if you can't see any way to get to them yourself, you're still accountable for choosing to follow immoral tenets of your religion.

What does your God say about these things?

Well, that depends.

If God is the "still small voice" that the Bible describes, then your religion is antithetical to the will of God.

or do you believe in a God of whatever making you believe in?

That's every theist, including you. Your God likes what you like and hates what you hate. Your God is an expression of your personal values.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God is my biggest ally in my affliction, the one trying to save my soul from my own injustice and the one who taught me to pull his sword against the darkness and black magic.

YoursTrue

Exactly my point: your "friendliness" is conditional. The warmth in the video - to the extent that a marketing video can be relied on at all - is reserved for members of your in-group and proselytizing prosepects.

Comparing your gay neighbours to murderers is an example of disrespect.

And you are responsible for your own decisions; you don't get to pawn that off on God.

Plenty of Christians have found more charitable interpretations of the Bible than yours, and even if you can't see any way to get to them yourself, you're still accountable for choosing to follow immoral tenets of your religion.

Well, that depends.

If God is the "still small voice" that the Bible describes, then your religion is antithetical to the will of God.

That's every theist, including you. Your God likes what you like and hates what you hate. Your God is an expression of your personal values.
My close association with some can be by choice. Isn't yours? Some people like to go to bars where homosexuality and adultery are rampant. That's not my choice. I knew someone who was a thief. Similarly, if someone was a child molester, do you think I should have "close association" with someone like that? I can tell such a person what I think about their actions, and what my God thinks about such things. They don't have to believe me. That's ok. That's up to them. If my neighbor, who is an overt homosexual wants to speak to me I will speak to him. If he wants to "associate", yes, I will tell him what my God says about homosexuality. He doesn't have to believe me. That's up to him. Same with adulterers and thieves. Obviously.