• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your short story or one sentence, Why Do You love God?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
My concept of God gives me peace with no strings.

Destruction,
cracking,
tumbling down.
Internal chisels being hammered.

Resist.
Seek out
quiet contemplation
in the midst of a noisy world.

Travel inward
;
swing, sway,
climb, crawl,
but get beyond those thoughts of stone.

Drill through!
Reach total darkness
and settle there.
Embrace the emptiness.

Open the mind.
Open the heart.
Open your soul.

Empty all into the darkness.

And then --
seek the Light!
Renew, refresh,
breathe 'til peace envelops overall;

the chisels silenced.

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
I am Thankful to God, for the wonderful design of the human body and all it can do!
Among the numberless reasons I could go into, I love God most because he gave me the ability to choose, provided a way for me to repent, and offers me eternal progression and joy with my love (my wife).

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
It's in the debate forum. What exactly is the question you wish to debate?
If God is not our creator, then who is responsible for putting taste buds and teeth in our mouth? Nobody! Why is everything exactly where it is supposed to be? How about taste buds and teeth under our feet instead?

For as long as man has had history on the Earth, the Earth has never moved too far away or moved too close to the Sun and the Sun has never moved too close or too far away from the Earth! Does it really sound like everything is getting done by Nobody?

Or we'd all be dead in a few days or sooner! Can we even begin to imagine the power needed to keep the Sun and the Earth around the same distance from each other constantly? If you're looking for a miracle to happen every day, that would be it.

Last edited:

walt

We have two main bronchi in your right and left lungs that divide and branch off into smaller segments, like tree branches. At the end of your bronchi, the alveoli exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide.There are 300 million alveoli in (each) lung.

Who designed and made the lungs, that we need to breathe in our first breath, in the first second of life? We all need complete lungs, bloodstream, heart, nervous system and brain and many other vital organs In the first second of life, even 10 minutes later, would be too long waiting!

God loved everyone so very much before we were even born, and continues to love us. :sparklingheart:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
If God is not our creator, then who is responsible for putting taste buds and teeth in our mouth? Nobody! Why is everything exactly where it is supposed to be? How about taste buds and teeth under our feet instead?

For as long as man has had history on the Earth, the Earth has never moved too far away or moved too close to the Sun and the Sun has never moved too close or too far away from the Earth! Does it really sound like everything is getting done by Nobody?

Or we'd all be dead in a few days or sooner! Can we even begin to imagine the power needed to keep the Sun and the Earth around the same distance from each other constantly? If you're looking for a miracle to happen every day, that would be it.

If everything was someplace else, then that would be were is is supposed to be. It is easy to assume that "this" is how it's supposed to be being that we don't know anything else.

Evolution has a purpose. It is not an intelligent purpose. It has a purpose out of the necessity of survival. That which supports survival flourishes. That which obstruct survival dies. So we end up with traits which support our survival without the need for an intelligent designer.

walt

If everything was someplace else, then that would be were is is supposed to be. It is easy to assume that "this" is how it's supposed to be being that we don't know anything else.

Evolution has a purpose. It is not an intelligent purpose. It has a purpose out of the necessity of survival. That which supports survival flourishes. That which obstruct survival dies. So we end up with traits which support our survival without the need for an intelligent designer.
Please, does anything you just said have anything to do with the Earth and the Sun constantly remaining at a distance perfect for life?

I respect you as someone would respect a good friend. Please allow me to just show my love for my beliefs. I respect yours. :heartpulse:
Thank You, for any help here. I appreciate your kindness and I respect all of your beliefs.

Last edited:

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ

The strange thing about that is that human beings defy all of it, both existentially and in evolutionary terms. I'd survive more flourishingly with my neighbor's goods, but human society won't let me survive at all if I kill him to obtain them. I mean, I can't even have a piece of the earth on which to survive without permission. No, there is nothing natural about human societies. Humans spurn natural principles of survival in favor of privilege-based survival castes.

So it's kind of hard to reconcile a non-intelligent evolution that also produces an anti-evolution intelligence. Says I, anyway. But if you, or anyone else, can explain it so it makes sense from a non-intelligent, evolutionary standpoint, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
We have two main bronchi in your right and left lungs that divide and branch off into smaller segments, like tree branches. At the end of your bronchi, the alveoli exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide.There are 300 million alveoli in (each) lung.

Who designed and made the lungs, that we need to breathe in our first breath, in the first second of life? We all need complete lungs, bloodstream, heart, nervous system and brain and many other vital organs In the first second of life, even 10 minutes later, would be too long waiting!

God loved everyone so very much before we were even born, and continues to love us. :sparklingheart:
Lungs dont do much under water.