• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your short story or one sentence, Why Do You love God?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
If God is not our creator, then who is responsible for putting taste buds and teeth in our mouth? Nobody! Why is everything exactly where it is supposed to be? How about taste buds and teeth under our feet instead?

For as long as man has had history on the Earth, the Earth has never moved too far away or moved too close to the Sun and the Sun has never moved too close or too far away from the Earth! Does it really sound like everything is getting done by Nobody?

Or we'd all be dead in a few days or sooner! Can we even begin to imagine the power needed to keep the Sun and the Earth around the same distance from each other constantly? If you're looking for a miracle to happen every day, that would be it.
I recommend you study some basic science (including physics and biology) then move on to evolution and cosmology.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The strange thing about that is that human beings defy all of it, both existentially and in evolutionary terms. I'd survive more flourishingly with my neighbor's goods, but human society won't let me survive at all if I kill him to obtain them. I mean, I can't even have a piece of the earth on which to survive without permission. No, there is nothing natural about human societies. Humans spurn natural principles of survival in favor of privilege-based survival castes.

So it's kind of hard to reconcile a non-intelligent evolution that also produces an anti-evolution intelligence. Says I, anyway. But if you, or anyone else, can explain it so it makes sense from a non-intelligent, evolutionary standpoint, I'm all ears.

You know, it is not easy to simply accept evolution.
How did the eye develop? The Evolution of the Eye - NYAS
How did the ear develop? The Human Middle Ear May Have Evolved From Fish Gills

Neither of these is going to convince you of anything. It takes time to develop a foundational understanding. I'm not a teacher/professor that can answer all of your question.
It is good to go into this as a skeptic. Do not take anyone's word for it.
However the hardest skeptic to become is to become a skeptic of one's own beliefs.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Please, does anything you just said have anything to do with the Earth and the Sun constantly remaining at a distance perfect for life?

If it didn't, there would be no life right? This is true of most of the universe that we know of. The universe that we know of, the vast majority of which was not designed for life. Certainly if life was the intent, the universe could have been built better.

I respect you as someone would respect a good friend. Please allow me to just show my love for my beliefs. I respect yours. :heartpulse:
Thank You, for any help here. I appreciate your kindness and I respect all of your beliefs.

Actually, I don't respect my own beliefs. I constantly question them. Often they fall short.
So it is not that I don't respect your beliefs. I am sharing my experience of having prior beliefs that have failed me.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
If it didn't, there would be no life right? This is true of most of the universe that we know of. The universe that we know of, the vast majority of which was not designed for life. Certainly if life was the intent, the universe could have been built better.

Actually, I don't respect my own beliefs. I constantly question them. Often they fall short.
So it is not that I don't respect your beliefs. I am sharing my experience of having prior beliefs that have failed me.
Thank you for your input and feelings.. :)

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Thank you for your viewpoint and belief. :)
You're welcome, although what I said had nothing to do with belief - eg the distance between the sun and the Earth does not require a belief in miracles, just an understanding (amongst other facts) that gravitational field strength = weight / mass.

Last edited:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The strange thing about that is that human beings defy all of it, both existentially and in evolutionary terms. I'd survive more flourishingly with my neighbor's goods, but human society won't let me survive at all if I kill him to obtain them. I mean, I can't even have a piece of the earth on which to survive without permission. No, there is nothing natural about human societies. Humans spurn natural principles of survival in favor of privilege-based survival castes.

So it's kind of hard to reconcile a non-intelligent evolution that also produces an anti-evolution intelligence. Says I, anyway. But if you, or anyone else, can explain it so it makes sense from a non-intelligent, evolutionary standpoint, I'm all ears.

Except that you survive so much better communally than individually. Humans are extremely evolutionarily equipped: We're generalists that work together to manipulate our environment to suit our needs.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
How can one take part of the dance of Shiva, and not fall in love?

How can one hear the flute of Krishna, and not fall in love?
For the first time, I made Him a floral mala where He dances His special dance, at Kadavul. I got overwhelmed when He accepted it. As to the subject of this thread, it's because of the overwhelming desire to love. You eat when you're hungry for food. You find warmth when you're cold.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
You're welcome, although what I said had nothing to do with belief - eg the distance between the sun and the Earth does not require a belief in miracles, just an understanding (amongst other facts) that gravitational field strength = weight / mass.
Either way, I Extend to you all My kindness, for you expressing your view.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not convinced a word like "love" is the best one to describe the relationships I have with the many and diverse gods of the universe, but if nothing else, I simply would not exist without the universe and everything in it (aka, the gods). And I love to be able to experience the gods/universe in all of its rich and diverse wonders.

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
You know, it is not easy to simply accept evolution.
How did the eye develop? The Evolution of the Eye - NYAS
How did the ear develop? The Human Middle Ear May Have Evolved From Fish Gills

Neither of these is going to convince you of anything. It takes time to develop a foundational understanding. I'm not a teacher/professor that can answer all of your question.
It is good to go into this as a skeptic. Do not take anyone's word for it.
However the hardest skeptic to become is to become a skeptic of one's own beliefs.
I'm not a skeptic of the evolutionary process.

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
Except that you survive so much better communally than individually.
To a point only, I agree. Though human beings live largely as drones, I wouldn't say that they necessarily do so willingly. The limitless possibilities inherent in their humanity have to be de-programmed out of them so that they'll be satisfied with far less than nature affords them. I know that I'd prefer to live in conditions far, far beyond what my means afford me within the human collective, and that I would have to give a huge part of my life to those with means (as opposed to the natural world) to change that. When I hear people talk, though, they aspire to thrive, not merely survive, and I expect that the vast majority of humanity would craft for themselves a far superior survival than that which they enjoy, were it not that their natural aspirations are artificially impeded by subordination to an extreme minority of other humans, who gate access to the means of thriving behind extremely high pay walls.
Humans are extremely evolutionarily equipped: We're generalists that work together to manipulate our environment to suit our needs.
True conceptually.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I love God because of what He did for me when He let me get to know Him and continues to do so.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I am Thankful to God, for the wonderful design of the human body and all it can do!
So you are thankful for the S-shaped spine that isn't really fit to walk erect, which results in about 70% of humans having to deal with lower backpains at some point in their life?
You are thankful for mouths to small to house all teeth, which results in so-called "wisdom teeth" needing to be pulled?
You are thankful for the vestigial appendix that can explode and kill you?

btw: the design of the human body, just like the "design" of all other species, evolved over 3.6 billion years through natural means. No gods required.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
If God is not our creator, then who is responsible for putting taste buds and teeth in our mouth? Nobody!

Correct. Nobody.
And not nobody "because it wasn't god".
Rather: nobody, because it was a natural process.

Why is everything exactly where it is supposed to be?

Is it?

How about taste buds and teeth under our feet instead?

Is this a serious question?

For as long as man has had history on the Earth, the Earth has never moved too far away or moved too close to the Sun and the Sun has never moved too close or too far away from the Earth!

Why would you expect otherwise?
Earth is in a stable orbit and it is kept that way because of gravity. It has nothing to do with humans and everything with rather simple physics.

Does it really sound like everything is getting done by Nobody?

"everything"?
So far, you spoke of the stability of earth's orbit and of the design of biological entities.
Both are explained by respectively gravity and evolution.

Or we'd all be dead in a few days or sooner!

Why?

Can we even begin to imagine the power needed to keep the Sun and the Earth around the same distance from each other constantly?

Gravity.

If you're looking for a miracle to happen every day, that would be it.
Gravity is a miracle?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
We have two main bronchi in your right and left lungs that divide and branch off into smaller segments, like tree branches. At the end of your bronchi, the alveoli exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide.There are 300 million alveoli in (each) lung.

Who designed and made the lungs, that we need to breathe in our first breath, in the first second of life?

Not "who". Instead: "What". And the answer is the evolutionary process.

We all need complete lungs, bloodstream, heart, nervous system and brain and many other vital organs In the first second of life, even 10 minutes later, would be too long waiting!

So?

God loved everyone so very much before we were even born, and continues to love us. :sparklingheart:
If you say so. Not sure what that has got to do with anything you were talking about though.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Please, does anything you just said have anything to do with the Earth and the Sun constantly remaining at a distance perfect for life?

First, he was talking about the design of biological entities, obviously. Not planetary orbits.
Secondly, it's not actually "perfect". It's instead "good enough". It allows for life (as we know it). It's not perfect for it.

I respect you as someone would respect a good friend. Please allow me to just show my love for my beliefs. I respect yours. :heartpulse:
Thank You, for any help here. I appreciate your kindness and I respect all of your beliefs.
To be honest, I do not respect your beliefs.
I, at best, respect your right to hold them. But I do not respect the beliefs themselves.

I do not respect beliefs that fly in the face of demonstrable evidence.