• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your short story or one sentence, Why Do You love God?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The strange thing about that is that human beings defy all of it, both existentially and in evolutionary terms.

No, they don't.

I'd survive more flourishingly with my neighbor's goods, but human society won't let me survive at all if I kill him to obtain them.

IOW, you don't flourish more by taking your neighbor's goods.... :shrug:

I mean, I can't even have a piece of the earth on which to survive without permission. No, there is nothing natural about human societies.

You seem completely unaware that humans are not the only social species.
Humans live in groups. That's how we prosper and flourish. We do not survive by ourselves. And we are not the only species that live like that.
So it stands to reason that anti-social behavior is going to be detrimental for your personal survival success.

So it's kind of hard to reconcile a non-intelligent evolution that also produces an anti-evolution intelligence.

It's not an "anti-evolution intelligence" at all.
Again, humans are not the only social species. Social species are subject to natural selection like any other biological entities.
The "social" part is a selection pressure just as well.

Says I, anyway. But if you, or anyone else, can explain it so it makes sense from a non-intelligent, evolutionary standpoint, I'm all ears.
I just did. I bet it will fall on deaf ears.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
If God is not our creator, then who is responsible for putting taste buds and teeth in our mouth? Nobody! Why is everything exactly where it is supposed to be? How about taste buds and teeth under our feet instead?

For as long as man has had history on the Earth, the Earth has never moved too far away or moved too close to the Sun and the Sun has never moved too close or too far away from the Earth! Does it really sound like everything is getting done by Nobody?

Or we'd all be dead in a few days or sooner! Can we even begin to imagine the power needed to keep the Sun and the Earth around the same distance from each other constantly? If you're looking for a miracle to happen every day, that would be it.
I was just learning about the scientist who was instrumental in figuring out about women's cancer. Dogs and bees don't do things like that with microscopes, but humans want to avoid disease and scientists work to help them to live longer. This tells me that humans have the innate desire to keep living, and that desire for life comes from God and I am very grateful to have learned about this.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I recommend you study some basic science (including physics and biology) then move on to evolution and cosmology.
Humans alone have the capacity to investigate disease and work on cures. Dogs, cats, and gorillas do not have this capacity. What does this mean for me? Humans are created different from cats, dogs and gorillas. Far different. And for this I have the capacity to love God for what He has done, allowed me to know, and shows me what the future will bring.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Can you explain why the Earth and Sun, are always at the perfect distance from each other for all life to keep existing?
Gravity.

btw: you are engaging in a teleological fallacy.
The earth is not in the goldilock zone for the purpose of accomodating life. It's the other way round. Life exists here because it can.
It's like saying that the north pole is cold for the purpose of ice being able to exist there. This is backwards. Ice exists there, because it happens to be cold.

A planet IS going to orbit its star at a certain distance. It requires no special explanation for it being distance X as opposed to distance Y. There is a zone (a very very wide zone, for the record) where surface temperature is going to be such that liquid water can exist. Earth happens to be in that zone. Life adapted to conditions on the planet. It requires no "special" explanation.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Humans alone have the capacity to investigate disease and work on cures. Dogs, cats, and gorillas do not have this capacity.

So?

What does this mean for me? Humans are created different from cats, dogs and gorillas. Far different.

A lot less different then you think.
And at the same time, a human isn't by any stretch any more different then a chimp then a tiger is from a lion or cheetah.
Also, off course... humans evolved, they were not "created".

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Gravity.

btw: you are engaging in a teleological fallacy.
The earth is not in the goldilock zone for the purpose of accomodating life. It's the other way round. Life exists here because it can.
It's like saying that the north pole is cold for the purpose of ice being able to exist there. This is backwards. Ice exists there, because it happens to be cold.

A planet IS going to orbit its star at a certain distance. It requires no special explanation for it being distance X as opposed to distance Y. There is a zone (a very very wide zone, for the record) where surface temperature is going to be such that liquid water can exist. Earth happens to be in that zone. Life adapted to conditions on the planet. It requires no "special" explanation.
Really and you believe all that?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Who made gravity

What makes you think it is a "who" or that it required "making"? Talk about a loaded question...
Gravity is the distortion of space-time in the presence of mass, as per Einstein's model.

Also, even IF we would bend over backwards and say that some entity "made" gravity (whatever that means), from that it still doesn't follow that some planet being in orbit at a certain distance requires any more of a special explanation the some other planet orbitting its star at some other distance.

So regardless, this (loaded) question doesn't get you anywhere anyway....
Sounds like moving the goalposts.

or did that evolve too?

Evolution is a theory of biology.

Is there any way possible we could become friends?
Not sure how this question is relevant to anything.

In any case: no.
You are an anonymous person on the interwebs.
For me to call someone a "friend", that person needs to be in my social circle in person and we would require social bonding.

walt

What makes you think it is a "who" or that it required "making"? Talk about a loaded question...
Gravity is the distortion of space-time in the presence of mass, as per Einstein's model.

Also, even IF we would bend over backwards and say that some entity "made" gravity (whatever that means), from that it still doesn't follow that some planet being in orbit at a certain distance requires any more of a special explanation the some other planet orbitting its star at some other distance.

So regardless, this (loaded) question doesn't get you anywhere anyway....
Sounds like moving the goalposts.

Evolution is a theory of biology.

Not sure how this question is relevant to anything.

In any case: no.
You are an anonymous person on the interwebs.
For me to call someone a "friend", that person needs to be in my social circle in person and we would require social bon

This video will explain fully why I would extend Friendship to Anyone? Why friendship will pay off over-time, beginning with the first step!

walt

What do you mean "so"? You gotta be kidding. It's almost like saying so big deal, you're alive, right? (I guess so...)
What do you think about the video link I posted? Do you think it is a good example of friendship?