• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think about the 2016 US presidential race?

dust1n

Zindīq
On the plus side, if a male ran against a female, gender based whining would be the case no matter which won.....which is win-win for ya!

It's always a win-win for me. The only way this could get better would be first Midget Puerto Rican Lesbian President with an Artificial Limb.

One can dream.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's always a win-win for me. The only way this could get better would be first Midget Puerto Rican Lesbian President with an Artificial Limb.

One can dream.
Better clean up the language in yer dreams though.
"Midget" is the "m word".

dust1n

Zindīq
Better clean up the language in yer dreams though.
"Midget" is the "m word".

Hmm. I actually used a lot of other words, but the censor turned them into "Peurto Rican," "Lesbian," and "Artificial Limb." Only the M-word seems to have made it through.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I heard Terry Gross interview Jeffrey Toobin (of The New Yorker) about Ted Cruz.
While I have significant differences with Cruz, he sounds very smart, savvy, & well educated.
Toobin even debunked the comparison with Palin (a claim I've seen on RF).
NPR Media Player

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
The hypothesis of the sun causing the increase in Earth's overall temperature has been checked and found not at all to be a factor. Even the Wikipedia article on "Global Warming" covers that.

Thank you for setting me straight. Then it is a very important issue, isn't it!? We'd better be a little careful among Republicans.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I just want to do the right thing, help Africa or stop warming. It seems the best way to go is to establish the truth, whichever side it is on.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well, I'm going to vote Republican for President for the first time.
What? You weren't stunned by the announcement from Hillary tonight? Like, who knew?

In all seriousness, I'm not sure how she is going to make an exciting campaign. She isn't a particularly good speaker and I don't think the common person can relate to her jet set life all that much... Time will tell, I suppose. (Part of me sees the electorate getting more turned off by Hillary as the race gets closer to the finish.)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
IMO, in order to Hillary to do well, she needs to go low-key, much like she wowed them in NY when running for senator.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
While Hillary is slightly better than Cruz or Paul, what's bad for the nation is this building idea of family dynasties.

TurkeyOnRye

What? You weren't stunned by the announcement from Hillary tonight? Like, who knew?

In all seriousness, I'm not sure how she is going to make an exciting campaign. She isn't a particularly good speaker and I don't think the common person can relate to her jet set life all that much... Time will tell, I suppose. (Part of me sees the electorate getting more turned off by Hillary as the race gets closer to the finish.)

I find it rather easy to see how a female presidential contender with extensive campaign experience could make an exciting campaign. I can hardly say the same for whatever white male pro-establishment no-name contender the Republican party will squeeze from its sphincter. Personally, I'm already turned-off by Hillary. She doesn't exactly represent progressive policies. We all should know that, but her base is veiled by the fact that she has a vagina, so like OMG we're home free.