• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you think about the 2016 US presidential race?

Riders

Strange no im not either side this time might vote 3rd party. SO many here are conservative though talking strangely I dont think Trump hs a chance,personally, its odd hes uh from another planet I dont understand anything he says.I dont like all the attacks that came from him especially on the gold star family. I dont think hes got a a chance but I dont really care.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
For this thread I would like it if we talk friendly and not try to poison the well (make a candidate look so bad with a hot button issue that everyone immediately hates them).

I think Hillary Clinton is inadmissible. Mitt Romney is a mark off. Elizabeth Warren is fine. Elizabeth Warren is great. Republicans are a good vote. Republicans will need to have a say on global warming.

I thought you didn't want to make candidates look bad with hot button issues?

Global warming is the epitome of a hot button as opposed to a substantive issue, like transgender bathrooms. It makes for good TV and fun debates but it usually ranks dead last among concerns of real people, somewhere behind invasion from Mars I think. We have plenty real substantive problems to confront in this day and age.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I thought you didn't want to make candidates look bad with hot button issues?

Global warming is the epitome of a hot button as opposed to a substantive issue, like transgender bathrooms. It makes for good TV and fun debates but it usually ranks dead last among concerns of real people, somewhere behind invasion from Mars I think. We have plenty real substantive problems to confront in this day and age.
It's just a hot-button issue only to those who really do not accept the overwhelming scientific evidence and have no clue of the potential dangers that could be involved.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
If I've messed up on my promises on the Internet I'm sorry, but I currently believe in the global warming science and find comfort Hillary is winning.

GoodbyeDave

What do I think?
Firstly, I'm depressed that 40% of USians could support a man who's chiefly concerned with gathering the votes of poor-white trash.
Secondly, I remember that the successful candidate will probably achieve little of their agenda, as there is no guarantee that Congress (regardless of who controls it) will share it, and the President actually has less power than the British Prime Minister.

VioletVortex

I don't give a **** who wins, both candidates are simply stepping stones towards America's (and the world's) path to doom. If Trump wins, we will have poverty, pollution, and unconstitutional laws. (As if that isn't already the status quo). If Hillary Clinton wins, we will have unconstitutional laws galore.

Hillary Clinton is a hair better than Trump simply because she is not a sociopathic moron. That said, Bill Clinton was probably the best president the country has seen from what I've heard.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
"Hillary is winning"...

Actually, that isn't correct. Trump is either tied or beating her now in five major polls. For example, in the LA Times poll that came out this Friday (http://www.latimes.com/politics/) Trump is beating Hillary by 3 points, and in the Reuters/Ipsos poll from this Friday Trump is up by 1 over Hillary (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN1182PT) and in the Rasmussen poll just out Trump is beating Clinton by 1 point (http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...4099-poll-trump-leads-clinton-by-1-nationwide), and your are about to find out about two more polls this Monday where I got the heads up that Trump is winning by 3 points in one and 5 points in the other but not published yet.

I am telling you right now, Trump is going to win and there is nothing the Jeb Bush cheap labor Chamber of Commerce establishment Republicans on FOX who are attacking Trump from morning until late afternoon are going to be able to do to stop him.

Trump is going to win.

8lEkgJ.jpg

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
You do realize that denial of climate change (and of evolution) is almost exclusively a U.S. conservative christian thing, right?

Belief in classical evolution/ Darwinism is about 19% in the U.S. according to Gallup. It's far less in many other countries. But the fact that the most historically free thinking and scientifically advanced nation on the planet, is among the most skeptical.. should tell you something.

The concept that bad weather is caused by nature's vengeance towards humanity.. is not a new belief, it's the most ancient superstition known to mankind and will always be with us. It was called global cooling when I was at school. replacing scary masks and dances with computer sims, does not make it any more scientific.

Or feel free to correct me if I am wrong, and enlighten me with your scientific understanding of the mechanism!

metis

About 50% of Americans believe in evolution, with 31% being "theistic evolutionists" and 19% being "atheistic evolutionists".

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Hillary today in Cleveland.

Too many health issues. And she is a brain damaged computer illiterate.

She lost 13 Blackberry phones, she said to the FBI that she cannot hand over the Blackberry because she lost it. But we know from the hacks, she had 13 Blackberry phones each which can inbox up to 10 private and corporate and State Dept email accounts. So she lost 13 or she is a **** liar. If my daughter lost 13 iPhones I would have her checked for medical issues in the head. She wouldn't even get a third iPhone.

What an old hag. Anyway, she is losing to Trump in the polls now and Trump is trending to a victory. But Hillary should drop out like Eagleton did.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Belief in classical evolution/ Darwinism is about 19% in the U.S. according to Gallup. It's far less in many other countries. But the fact that the most historically free thinking and scientifically advanced nation on the planet, is among the most skeptical.. should tell you something.

The concept that bad weather is caused by nature's vengeance towards humanity.. is not a new belief, it's the most ancient superstition known to mankind and will always be with us. It was called global cooling when I was at school. replacing scary masks and dances with computer sims, does not make it any more scientific.

Or feel free to correct me if I am wrong, and enlighten me with your scientific understanding of the mechanism!

When it comes to developed nations, the U.S. is, embarrassingly, near the bottom when it comes to scientific literacy among the public:

Ranking of Countries by Belief in Evolution (Graph Source: Science, August 2006)
Evolution+Belief+by+Country.png

Climate change (Global Trends 2014 survey)
article-2702785-1FE78BC300000578-285_634x362.jpg

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Climate "change" is normal. The government class wants to steal land just like the royalty of the past. The far left is attacking the free speech of scientists now as part of this agenda, they are a grave threat to science itself.

But on other topic...

Breaking this morning 6 September 2016 Tuesday:

TRUMP LEADS HILLARY BY 2 POINTS IN TODAY'S CNN POLL NATIONALLY AMONG LIKELY VOTERS

45% for Trump to 43% for Hillary

Two interesting things about today's CNN poll besides the fact that CNN which is a 24x7 attack dog against Trump and a commercial for Hillary and always leans Democratic in sampling and targets know inner city populations so Trump is actually ahead by 5 points is:

Trump has reached the 45 percentile and is approaching 50 while Hillary cannot break out of the low 40's even after she has spent huge amounts of millions of dollars in campaign ads on TV attacking Trump while Trump has basically spent zero and has had only a couple.

Trump is actually trending higher with Hispanics than did Romney or McCain who were the establishment candidates, but of course the old school media is not telling you that.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/06/_poli...n-presidential-polls-election-2016/index.html

What is funny in the reporting of this poll is the line "near even race" and "a scant two points" - that's NOT how CNN reported it when Hillary was up by 2 in August after effectively declaring the race over and won by Hillary, now Hillary has literally dropped by 10 points since August, and we kept hearing how "no one has won who cannot get to 45 percent by labor day" as part of the attack on Trump yet here we are one day after labor day and Trump is at 45% and Hillary isn't and I have another "urban truth" that shows "no one has ever won after dropping 10 points" like Hillary has. Go ahead and pull up all sorts of stats you like, if these "no one has" games are ok to use by CNN and MSNBC yadda then what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

metis

98% of all climate scientists agree that we're in the midst of "climate change", which includes this period of "global warming", which is based on real measurements and not models, and the other 2% generally don't deny it but feel more evidence is necessary. The idea that the "left" is responsible for stifling "the free speech of scientists" is so off the mark.

lostwanderingsoul

We need to get that guy from the Philippines to be president in the US. He is not afraid to tell it like it is and does not take anything from anybody.

lostwanderingsoul

Who needs jails with revolving doors where repeat offenders are back on the street selling dope hours after being arrested? The American legal system does everything possible to avoid punishing people who break the law.