• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you currently playing?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I finally beat Metro 2033, which I can easily classify as the best survival game I've played. Onto the second one!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Vanakkam,

Hooked on Furi ! I can't affort it on PC but my brother got it for free so we're sharing the controller. Can't remember last time I played a good game from my country but damn, this been a while !

Art direction is flawless, but bit disappointed on the animation and 3D. A lot of (rookie) mistakes that are very easily seen by 3D artist like me, and could be very easily fixed too xD (some skinning problem and a missing key frame on the walk animation, IT'S SO BUGGING ME AAH. .... Even more when I think I almost worked on that game ;__; I haz sads.)

Usually very quick paced action/boss rushes kind of games aren't really prone to deep stories, but the scenario and endings are well worth the trouble. Because this game is hard. VERY hard. The music is perfect, character design incredible, gameplay is both nervous and calm/calculated at the same time... You can't even get mad at the game, because you know each hit you take is because of your own mistake xD

All this from a little studio. I hope it gives them the means to grow and make more good games !

It's really worth a try !
I got that game on my download queue for my PS4. They were giving it away as a freebie for PSN subscribers last month.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
I got that game on my download queue for my PS4. They were giving it away as a freebie for PSN subscribers last month.

Yes, that's how my brother got it ! I don't have a ps4 but we are sharing his
The last hidden boss is such a pain, but this game is still super awesome !

I just saw a lot of my friend's names and people From my class back in game art school in the credits... This made me cry. It is so depressing.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I was actually able to get logged in to Pokemon Go while I was in town today, and I was able to use a few Pokestops, got three 5 km eggs, a 10 km egg, and caught a few new Pokemon for my Pokedex, including Tauros and Gastly.
I pulled my finger out and actually logged into Pokego today (had the app for like weeks haven't used it till now ooops!) Found out there's two Pokestops like 1 minute down the road from my house in either direction and another three within walking distance of that. Good old suburbia haha!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I pulled my finger out and actually logged into Pokego today (had the app for like weeks haven't used it till now ooops!) Found out there's two Pokestops like 1 minute down the road from my house in either direction and another three within walking distance of that. Good old suburbia haha!
I was going to take a screen shot just to show what a true barren place looks like, but as usual I can't get logged in. It does have me wanting to get a cheap phone to fix up that has a gyroscope so I can use the camera mode out here. When I'm on my walks and I use an incense, I caught quite the collection out here. Nothing too or overly impressive, but it would be a much better picture seeing a lot of them out here than in a city. I could have taken the pictures of the horseas I caught doing that by an actual creek. Ponyta would be very out of place with all the fields, but it's where you'd expect to find ekans, ratatta, or eevvee. Seing a dodou poking out of a corn field makes sense when they're wild, unlike seeing the bird in someone's apartment, but those I've not around here, nor have I seen a scyther, despite the fact you find real praying mantises around here all the time.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've had more fun reading about all the crazy stories and inventive techniques I've seen because I really haven't gotten to play it, because when I can get logged on, it's out here where it's great for hatching eggs but terrible for everything else, or I'm having to "stop light" play it skirting through the edges of town where traffic is light and I can easily make quick stops to use a Pokestop. But apparently people are attaching their phones to turn tables, ceiling fans, and even their dogs to hatch eggs. And all the crazy stuff that has been leading up to the screen now saying things like "don't trespass" or "don't go into dangerous places" or "be aware of your surroundings" have been popping up on my phone since the update. Reminds me of when we started to realize just how addictive World of Warcraft used to be, and that it was called "Wowcrack" for a reason.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This is where I live. Here is a state highway kind of near me, and there are two fields that separate the road I live on from this highway:
Screenshot_2016-08-02-12-38-11.png
This is the same highway, but this small bend in it contains a small gathering of houses along the north/south-bound stretch before heading East/West again:
Screenshot_2016-08-02-13-47-01.png
Then this is actually someone's driveway off in the distance a bit of ways:
Screenshot_2016-08-02-12-38-26.png
And it's about a mile in either direction towards the nearest intersection.
Screenshot_2016-08-02-12-38-40.png
And this is just one walk to the East stop sign and back, or what I call a "short walk."

Screenshot_2016-08-02-12-39-24.png
And it's pretty much nothing but fields in between and houses scattered here and there. And the north-bound road is even a dirt/gravel road.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I got to play Pokemon Go a bit yesterday. Enough that I went from level 5 to 7, starting catching CP 100+ pokemon, and I got placed in three gyms (lost one before collecting so far). I'm not sure how much I like the combat system of this one though. My friend even showed me some closer gyms and stops. I also found there are several stops and gyms scattered over the Mississenewa State Park, but it's a bit of driving to hit them all and you have to know exactly where you're going or you're going to waste a ton of gas trying to find them. I even found a graveyard out in the middle of nowhere that is marked as a stop, and a memorial very near the burial site of a high school buddy is a gym.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm disappointed in the new Doom game. Even Brutal Doom is more appealing and fan made levels are more fun to play.
What are your criticisms of it? Let me hear it brutally honest, because my own standards are going to be very high for the game as I am expecting it to live up to the reputation and greatness that is DOOM.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
What are your criticisms of it? Let me hear it brutally honest, because my own standards are going to be very high for the game as I am expecting it to live up to the reputation and greatness that is DOOM.

Before I say it, please know that it is just my taste. It does not define the game.

1) The music. I want a feel like that of the original game. Not necessarily the same kind of music, but I want that feel. I want well composed Doom-ish detailed music.
2) The arena style fights. Getting to an area having to beat all so a path opens is not Doom. This ruins the good speed run potential challenges. A Quake 2 style is more fun to me.
3) Glory killing is designed without much effort and it cannot be disabled. Other games have an execution system and it evolved in later installments. Doom should have learned from it, in my opinion.
4) Pickups don't seem to be distributed well. I feel it is even neglected, pushing too much importance on glory killing.
5) Does killing without glory kills drop items? Can't buy the game because of the above just to find this out.
6) I don't like how bodies explode, but this one's not that bad for game play.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I totally picked the wrong town to walk around to play Pokemon Go. I didn't catch many Pokemon, but I did catch a Jigglypuff and I hit level 10. I also discovered today that where I work is a Pokestop with a sculpture in it marked as a Pokespot, with a memorial just outside marked. I ended up overfilling my bag to the point I even tossed out some Pokeballs because I had over 200 of them. Too bad I couldn't send them to my friend instead, because her daughter burnt through her supply.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Went to another town for Pokemon Go. Turns out during the first Friday of the month the businesses downtown throw some shindig or something. But it was pretty good for Go because there were lures places all over town, I caught a ton of Pokemon, and went from level 10 to 13. It was pretty nice in front of this park, because there are three stops at the entrance, and all three had lures and I didn't make it too far into the park because I was catching so many at the entrance that I only made into the park because I had to go pee. I'm hoping in a couple more levels I'll start finding Pokemon that have enough stats for me to start claiming gyms that have lower powered Pokemon holding them.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I'm not currently playing this (since it's not out yet), but I'm really looking forward to Detroit Become Human.