• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump bounces into the lead over Clinton

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Revoltingest appears to be taking some queues from Fox News!!

There are pundits claiming that, while he didn't beat Clinton, Sanders has a yuuuge lead over Trump.
Tom

These might be a bit misleading. If Sanders had won the nomination he would have started to face a much greater degree of scrutiny at the national level.

His numbers might well have gone down significantly, but given the unpopularity of the other 2 it's possible he could have been more popular than them. It will remain an unknown unfortunately.

I bet people like Biden are now kicking themselves they didn't run.

I find humor in the fact that certain people here will dance for join spewing how well Clinton was doing in the polls and using that to legitimize there rantings, but as soon as the same polls change -- Oh, those polls don't count, blah blah blah. :D

Last election there was a lot of talk about 'liberal bias' in all of the polls which was deliberately understating Republican support. This turned out to be completely untrue on polling day though.

While it is a bit speculative, I wouldn't be too surprised if the polls this year did in fact underestimate Trump support by a small amount. Not because of bias among pollsters but because I think some people who will vote for Trump won't publicly admit they will vote for Trump.

Good analysis. But I'm still not worried about Clinton's ability to beat Trump in the debates.

I'm not so sure. The dems have picked a uniquely vulnerable candidate. She is running on a 'safe pair of hands' establishment ticket when the mood is very anti-establishment and she has enough skeletons in the closet to negate her claim to be a safe pair of hands. She has probably received more money from special interests than any other politician in history.

I imagine there will be plenty of awkward moments for both of them.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
I find humor in the fact that certain people here will dance for join spewing how well Clinton was doing in the polls and using that to legitimize there rantings, but as soon as the same polls change -- Oh, those polls don't count, blah blah blah. :D

Don't worry, Trump will win. Clinton can't keep her nose clean for a week, and Trump isn't even doing anything to her at all. Just letting the rope play out so she can hang her damn self with it. :D

Just let the rope play out, indeed.

Trump's had a stellar week, hasn't he? The same low-substance schtick isn't going to service trump in the general election.

Clinton has problems, but she doesn't display such obvious and reckless gaps in judgement almost every single day. Sure, I dislike her hawkish foreign policy, her ties to Wall Street, and her lack of leadership on social issues. . . But I have no choice but to vote for her because the alternative is so laughably bad.

What would it take for you to drop support of Trump? How far does he have to go to prove to you that he doesn't even want to be president?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What would it take for you to drop support of Trump? How far does he have to go to prove to you that he doesn't even want to be president?
I don't see how he's managed to stay afloat despite his comments about women, mocking a reporter with a physical deformity, mocking a troop, and getting irritated over a crying baby. And there is also his support from Putin and Un. What really have we been reduced to when that is leading one of the parties towards the White House?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think that Trump feels he's in a win/win position. If he makes president, great for him; if he doesn't, he's gotten all this publicity to write a book or star in another "reality show" or be a regular "guest" on Fox.

Poll shows Trump winning *quickly construct narrative*

Poll shows Clinton winning *quickly construct narrative*

If the poll 2 weeks ago showing Trump leading had no predictive power towards the polls this week showing Clinton winning, then the polls this week have no predictive power regarding what will happen in 2 weeks time. They are just noise at the moment.

Polls should be banned anyway as they distort media reporting towards the horse race and against the issues which has numerous negative implications.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
@Sultan Of Swing

Well. . . Here we are. All done with the 3 debates. I'll wait until this weekend to see what the latest polls show.

Seems like the big issue this time is Trump's refusal to say he'll accept the election results.

What a mess. . . I said 10 pts, but I have a feeling it might be a little short. We'll see.