• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump bounces into the lead over Clinton

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
CBS poll after the convention shows them dead even, just like they were before the convention.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The last one. Dear God!

Can we have Frank Underwood for President? I mean How much more damage could he do in the Oval Office?

anigif_enhanced-23026-1401186254-6.gif
No, we need President Palmer....
th

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I find humor in the fact that certain people here will dance for join spewing how well Clinton was doing in the polls and using that to legitimize there rantings, but as soon as the same polls change -- Oh, those polls don't count, blah blah blah. :D

Don't worry, Trump will win. Clinton can't keep her nose clean for a week, and Trump isn't even doing anything to her at all. Just letting the rope play out so she can hang her damn self with it. :D

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Likewise, I don't see Trump pulling punches as we witnessed with Rya and Romney. This debate cycle should be freakin' hilarious.

Trump on the stage with Clinton, it's going to look like one of those old guys putting up the dukes and pounding on some teenage kid. No one in her party is going to be able to save her. I might even have to look away, lol.

muhammad_isa

Trump on the stage with Clinton..
I wouldn't be surprised if Don Trump holds "the trump cards"..
Nationalism is definitely on the rise.

It's rather sad though .. in truth, we can't insulate ourselves from the world's problems .. they need to be solved together. The only way that we can do that is through "truth", and not by selfishness and greed

Cassandra

Personally I think Trump will win and be reelected. Why? Because the way the Americans vote.
  1. They rarely choose a president from the same party three times in a row.
  2. Hillery is the most experienced candidate, but Americans find that boring now
  3. They like the unlikely candidate, the outsider.
  4. It may be stupid but the guy has a plan: Build a wall. Americans like that
  5. After a very reliable candidate, they want someone wild
  6. Many secretly hope that he will be a Hitler expelling foreigners at gun point
  7. Others hope he will be a independent candidate from the Washington circus
  8. He is a showman and Americans like that
  9. Because he is showman, he does not scare Americans
  10. Some hope he will bring jobs back
  11. Hillary does not offer anything different than Obama for the discontented
  12. Trump has the most energetic supporters
He will be elected and reelected. Why reelected? Because he will start building his wall and people will want to see it finished and see if it works.

What kind of president will Trump be? We will not know that until he is president. Much depends how things develop in the world. there is plenty room for trouble ahead. Bush basically created a mess that Obama was not able to clear. The economy is still weak. The Middle East has become highly unstable. The gross inequality between very rich and the poor causes a lack of buying power that hampers economic growth. Economic growth that does happen, only benefits the big corporations without creating jobs. The financial system is unstable and basically out of control of governments. After years of very aggressive right wing bullying a left wing counter movement is growing that will create a serious split in society. With all these battled hardened GI's coming back from war violence on the streets will be on the rise again.

How will Trump handle this? I think he will handle it the way his republican predecessors handled it. He will remain most of his time on his luxurious estate and let his ministers do all the work and give them plenty of leeway. He himself will concentrate on the big ego-projects like the building of the American wall, which will rival with the Chinese wall. We will see a lot of the new royal family posing for magazines. As to the economy he will give fat government contracts to his billionaire friends in return for favorable deals for his own companies. He knows how to play that game like no other. If people become discontent he may create diversion by entering new wars abroad. When we are lucky nothing tragic will happen, but reform is highly unlikely, except more of the same privatizing and tax deductions and more deregulating. It will be a government highly controlled by lobbyists as Trump does not have any agenda of his own.

No, no Nazi's marching the streets and that kind of thing. This is businessman, businessmen are apolitical, they are in it for the money.

One of the problem for Tea Partiers is that Trump will raise the public debt even more than Obama. One good thing Trump may do. He is a building man. He understands building and he can profit from that. So it is attractive for him to create huge infrastructure projects, that create jobs for people and make the US shine, and people proud. That would create him popularity. I think he will be the building president. As it is paid by debts America is never going to repay, who cares. And even if there is worldwide financial meltdown such projects are good to keep things going.

And that is one of the things Hillary is lacking. She does not have anything for people to look out for. No great plans. She is just a good caretaker. Okay she would be the first women, but that idea does not excite people so much after a black president.

Last edited:

Sultan Of Swing

In 2012, the third presidential debate took place around the 3rd week of October.

I have set my phone calendar to check this thread and comment on October 21st, 2016. I suggest you do the same.

I will go to realclearpolitics.com and post the most recent polling data on this thread.

I will be prepared to gloat or eat crow. Considering the absolute nightmare of Trump as a general election candidate vs a candidate of substance, I'm prepared to gloat on that day.

See ya then!
Haha awesome, you're on!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Eh... I wouldn't be so sure.

Remember that Trump just bulldozed through 16 other candidates, including senators and governors, many of whom were very similar to Clinton in rhetoric and style, the traditional politician.

Perhaps his debating style won't play well with a general election audience, we shall see. What was key though was how Trump could take over a debate and make the other candidate look weak and incompetent, speaking over them and leaving them speechless without a comeback. (Poor Jeb, he became a stuttering mess)

If Trump has the same effect on Hillary, that won't be good news for her.

Good analysis. But I'm still not worried about Clinton's ability to beat Trump in the debates. What I'm worried a little bit about is that so many people (justifiably) think Clinton can run circles around Trump that if she beats him anything less than decisively, it will be viewed as a Trump victory. He's the underdog, and ironically, that means he can win points just for hanging in there.

Cassandra

Good analysis. But I'm still not worried about Clinton's ability to beat Trump in the debates. What I'm worried a little bit about is that so many people (justifiably) think Clinton can run circles around Trump that if she beats him anything less than decisively, it will be viewed as a Trump victory. He's the underdog, and ironically, that means he can win points just for hanging in there.
People vote with their hearts not with their reason. In the end of the day people will ask themselves the question: Who would I like to drink a pint of beer with. Who is most fun. Sorry, Hillary is too powerful for most men and women to feel comfortable with. She would however be an extremely powerful leader. I think Russia and China will gladly opt for Trump.

Last edited:

Cassandra

up. They'd love to see us fall behind them, and Trump will further that goal consid
Don't be silly the US controls the world economy by a large margin. For instance 80% of China's export is really from American corporations. Russia's economy is something like Italy.

Hillary would be a very tough negotiator with China and Russia, but I doubt if that is what we need right now. A little less confrontational politics might be better, especially as things in the Middle East are totally spinning out of control. Suddenly the US is glad that Putin is willing to lend them a hand.

The only thing I find worrying about Trump is his viewpoints om climate change. But then again, Trump can change his viewpoints in a minute, he is not ideologically driven.

Last edited:

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Don't be silly the US controls the world economy by a large margin. For instance 80% of China's export is really from American corporations. Russia's economy is something like Italy.

Hillary would be a very tough negotiator with China and Russia, but I doubt if that is what we need right now. A little less confrontational politics might be better, especially as things in the Middle East are totally spinning out of control. Suddenly the US is glad that Putin is willing to lend them a hand.

The only thing I find worrying about Trump is his viewpoints om climate change. But then again, Trump can change his viewpoints in a minute, he is not ideological driven.

Don't trouble yourself with the facts!!!!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

The only thing I find worrying about Trump is his viewpoints om climate change. But then again, Trump can change his viewpoints in a minute, he is not ideological driven.

Interesting analysis, but you've missed the mark. At issue is not whether a Trump presidency would allow China or Russia to actually overtake us, but whether a Trump presidency would help that along more than a Clinton presidency. Try again.

Cassandra

Don't trouble yourself with the facts!!!!
If you had better facts, you would not talk in one-liners.

I am no fan of Trump, not by a long shot. But reality is that after a professional guy like Obama, Americans are going to vote for a republican showman again. Trump understands his public. The people do not care about your facts or statistics. Intellectuals will favor Hillary as the safer bet, but the American people are in for something exciting, even if it is mostly show. Americans are like that, they love dreams more than any other people in the world. Consider this: If Trump wins and makes a bigger mess a younger version of Berny Sanders will have a chance to create some real change. Now people are not ready for that, and Hillary is on the right of Obama. If Hillary wins, then everything stays the same (which is not good) and in four years republicans will win with a landslide. And nothing much will change at all. Give Trump a chance to either succeed or blunder. Either way is better long term than just go on.

Last edited:

Cassandra

Interesting analysis, but you've missed the mark. At issue is not whether a Trump presidency would allow China or Russia to actually overtake us, but whether a Trump presidency would help that along more than a Clinton presidency. Try again.
Nobody in America cares about such finesses in presidential elections. It is also based on an outdated thinking that China and Russia are the ideological enemy. That kind of ideological split no longer exists. In todays world all mayor countries work together to keep the world economy and ecology from crashing. Sure countries compete, but for the US Russia or China is no bigger competitor than Europe.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You know, we eventually came to believe that religious bigotry, racism, bullying innocent people, making fun of those who may have handicaps, etc. were just plain wrong, but with Trump's increasing popularity, it's obvious that we are now sinking into moral bankruptcy and are willing to throw a societal temper-tantrum much on the same level of a two-year old. Just remember that in the 1930's, the Japanese, the Italians, and the Germans wanted change too, and remember what that brought them and much of the rest of the world. IOW, be careful what you wish for. I'm no Hillary fan, but I'll be damned if I'd be so reckless so as to vote for Trump.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You know, we eventually came to believe that religious bigotry, racism, bullying innocent people, making fun of those who may have handicaps, etc. were just plain wrong, but with Trump's increasing popularity, it's obvious that we are now sinking into moral bankruptcy and are willing to throw a societal temper-tantrum much on the same level of a two-year old. Just remember that in the 1930's, the Japanese, the Italians, and the Germans wanted change too, and remember what that brought them and much of the rest of the world. IOW, be careful what you wish for. I'm no Hillary fan, but I'll be damned if I'd be so reckless so as to vote for Trump.
Says the guy who supports a war mongering, sexist, sexual assault enabling, incompetent, corrupt, power hungry, crony capitalist.
To merely criticize Trump without considering his opposition is to be oblivious to the danger which both candidates pose.