• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump bounces into the lead over Clinton

Sultan Of Swing

Trump bounces into the lead - CNN

"The bounce is back.

Donald Trump comes out of his convention ahead of Hillary Clinton in the race for the White House, topping her 44% to 39% in a four-way matchup including Gary Johnson (9%) and Jill Stein (3%) and by three points in a two-way head-to-head, 48% to 45%. That latter finding represents a 6-point convention bounce for Trump, which are traditionally measured in two-way matchups.

There hasn't been a significant post-convention bounce in CNN's polling since 2000. That year Al Gore and George W. Bush both boosted their numbers by an identical 8 points post-convention before ultimately battling all the way to the Supreme Court."

That post-convention bump is real folks. I was reading a few pundits who said it wouldn't happen this year.

Thoughts? Does this encourage you? Does this discourage you? Does it shake you right to your core and make you worry for the future of humanity?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Trump 1998.jpg

Edit
It fake, thanks Sultan of Swing

Last edited by a moderator:

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
There are pundits claiming that, while he didn't beat Clinton, Sanders has a yuuuge lead over Trump.
Tom
And they are just a shaky. :) At least, I think so. I would be interested to see these polls evolve as we get closer to debate time.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
I think the debates are going to determine this. Trump acted the fool to get his base against other republicans, but that's not going to play against Clinton.

A town hall, a domestic policy debate, and a foreign policy debate. If Trump were smart, he'll start preparing now. . . Of course he won't. He'll going in with generalities, vagueness, and folksy anecdotes about his penis . . . And no one but his base will be convinced.

By the end of the third debate, it will be Clinton by 10+. She'll will all the independents in a landslide.

Sultan Of Swing

I think the debates are going to determine this. Trump acted the fool to get his base against other republicans, but that's not going to play against Clinton.

A town hall, a domestic policy debate, and a foreign policy debate. If Trump were smart, he'll start preparing now. . . Of course he won't. He'll going in with generalities, vagueness, and folksy anecdotes about his penis . . . And no one but his base will be convinced.

By the end of the third debate, it will be Clinton by 10+. She'll will all the independents in a landslide.
Eh... I wouldn't be so sure.

Remember that Trump just bulldozed through 16 other candidates, including senators and governors, many of whom were very similar to Clinton in rhetoric and style, the traditional politician.

Perhaps his debating style won't play well with a general election audience, we shall see. What was key though was how Trump could take over a debate and make the other candidate look weak and incompetent, speaking over them and leaving them speechless without a comeback. (Poor Jeb, he became a stuttering mess)

If Trump has the same effect on Hillary, that won't be good news for her.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.

Remember that Trump just bulldozed through 16 other candidates, including senators and governors, many of whom were very similar to Clinton in rhetoric and style, the traditional politician.

Perhaps his debating style won't play well with a general election audience, we shall see. What was key though was how Trump could take over a debate and make the other candidate look weak and incompetent, speaking over them and leaving them speechless without a comeback. (Poor Jeb, he became a stuttering mess)

In 2012, the third presidential debate took place around the 3rd week of October.

I have set my phone calendar to check this thread and comment on October 21st, 2016. I suggest you do the same.

I will go to realclearpolitics.com and post the most recent polling data on this thread.

I will be prepared to gloat or eat crow. Considering the absolute nightmare of Trump as a general election candidate vs a candidate of substance, I'm prepared to gloat on that day.

See ya then!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I would agree the debates will determine who leads the polls. Whomever leads presently dosent mean very much at this point in time.

Laika

Premium Member
Trump bounces into the lead - CNN

"The bounce is back.

Donald Trump comes out of his convention ahead of Hillary Clinton in the race for the White House, topping her 44% to 39% in a four-way matchup including Gary Johnson (9%) and Jill Stein (3%) and by three points in a two-way head-to-head, 48% to 45%. That latter finding represents a 6-point convention bounce for Trump, which are traditionally measured in two-way matchups.

There hasn't been a significant post-convention bounce in CNN's polling since 2000. That year Al Gore and George W. Bush both boosted their numbers by an identical 8 points post-convention before ultimately battling all the way to the Supreme Court."

That post-convention bump is real folks. I was reading a few pundits who said it wouldn't happen this year.

Thoughts? Does this encourage you? Does this discourage you? Does it shake you right to your core and make you worry for the future of humanity?

The last one. Dear God!

Can we have Frank Underwood for President? I mean How much more damage could he do in the Oval Office?

anigif_enhanced-23026-1401186254-6.gif

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I would agree the debates will determine who leads the polls. Whomever leads presently dosent mean very much at this point in time.
Especially since "presently" ,at the time of this post, means after the Trump convention and before the Democratic convention.

I think that the fissures between Trump and the RNC will start to really influence the electorate. And so will Sanders' efforts to unify the Democratic Party. I don't think the debates will be as important.

Polls taken a week from now will be far more indicative of the reality.
Tom

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member

We can only hope that the moderators control the discussions, high hopes I know, but it's worth mentioning.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Likewise, I don't see Trump pulling punches as we witnessed with Rya and Romney. This debate cycle should be freakin' hilarious.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
We can only hope that the moderators control the discussions, high hopes I know, but it's worth mentioning.
I think Godzillary will be able to hold her own.

And she won't be worried about outraging the GOP base the way the republicans were.

Tom