• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My understanding is probably far from the actual truth

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Not here.
It's rather rare to be awarded attorney fees, even when
winning overwhelmingly. I've seen hundreds of cases,
& only twice did I ever see the prevailing party get that.
And in one case, I know it was uncollectible.
So lawyers often file cases as a means of extorting
money from defendants.

I had to pay legal fees twice.

Onoma

I have realized that through my discussions and debates where I have my understanding of the topic in hand, isn't always as good as I hoped.... A month ago my understanding of a topic was different from how I understand it today, deeper understanding maybe, or that from debating my self I see that words I used then was not showing the truth from the teaching the way I thought it would.

Realizing this can be scary, but in the same time it is exactly as my teacher told it would be. A development in wisdom happens when studying.
What I said a month ago or half a year ago may still be true but seen from where I am today it does not hold a good enough wisdom that time :)

Have you felt this in your spiritual journey too?

Absolutely

One thing I've come to realize about " truth " is that it doesn't always come hard and fast, sometimes it takes many small bites over much time, but once I start to eat, I have to finish the whole thing, otherwise I leave the table feeling unsated

I've oft pondered what I would say to my younger self, if I could travel back in time, perhaps some warning of the hard times to come, or a nudge to stay in school, but then I realized I would be silent

rational experiences

Veteran Member
As a human who said as a child, religion was scary, and I did not understand the destructive concepts as a child. To seeing the loss of life and being told we are of spirit, I concluded that I would challenge spirit my own self.

So I did, the only place where we claim spirit talks to us, in our minds. And I posed a question to which I personally did not own any answer. Was it real. I demanded spirit to show me if it were real. A voice quietly said, "live the spiritual life first and it will be proven". So I did, and had phenomena causes, multi as proof of its teaching.

To then conclude, science always knew that creation had come from a spiritual body originally, in the evidence of evil spirit phenomena and attack. A huge scientific listing of causes. Therefore verified in my own life, that science can no longer lie about where did it come from, and why are we so spiritually conscious and motivated to be the best self that we can live and express in human life.

We would own no motivated cause to the contrary unless it were real.

Therefore as I realised I heard channelled advice, then I began asking questions and getting answers. Instantly in that human condition I thought self pretty special. The next day the information and my understanding of it changed. After several months I then learnt my ego was my own human problem.

And that self development is real. We do only develop self daily. To then be advised that by living human family conditions. Every human living has a story, and each is a story telling advice, that when we die our whole life is shared as an atmospheric recorded story. Feed back, recorded visionary effects and voice, real.

So I then realised my human family in their life/death scenarios were telling me a story only shared by the greater conscious experience. For each one self is only one little self. What the group shared, "everyone" told the greater truth O on a planet we named as God. The God O Earth realisation of humanity changes every moment. And what information our mind/consciousness gains is real to being taught.

Yet we are all the Teachers as we are also just the student.

Milton Platt

I have realized that through my discussions and debates where I have my understanding of the topic in hand, isn't always as good as I hoped.... A month ago my understanding of a topic was different from how I understand it today, deeper understanding maybe, or that from debating my self I see that words I used then was not showing the truth from the teaching the way I thought it would.

Realizing this can be scary, but in the same time it is exactly as my teacher told it would be. A development in wisdom happens when studying.
What I said a month ago or half a year ago may still be true but seen from where I am today it does not hold a good enough wisdom that time :)

It is true that you do not know what you do not know, and you should operate on as few assumptions as possible.

Deidre

I've had a similar ''journey'' as well, OP. I think it keeps one humble, having these epiphanies about ourselves.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I've had a similar ''journey'' as well, OP. I think it keeps one humble, having these epiphanies about ourselves.
I try to be humble, but I admire that sometimes I struggle especially when the heat of the debate in RF try to ripp my views and beliefs apart. I admit I may say things I regret :)

Deidre

I try to be humble, but I admire that sometimes I struggle especially when the heat of the debate in RF try to ripp my views and beliefs apart. I admit I may say things I regret :)
Yea, sometimes, you have to just ''walk away'' from conversations that get too heated. It's fine to defend beliefs, but when it robs us of peace, then it's time to step away. Sometimes all one can do is find common ground, which we all share. I used to agree with everyone, and then I realized that was just as bad as ''fighting back.'' Agreeing just to keep the peace isn't always a great way to be, either. Part of the spiritual journey is learning about ourselves, too, I think.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yea, sometimes, you have to just ''walk away'' from conversations that get too heated. It's fine to defend beliefs, but when it robs us of peace, then it's time to step away. Sometimes all one can do is find common ground, which we all share. I used to agree with everyone, and then I realized that was just as bad as ''fighting back.'' Agreeing just to keep the peace isn't always a great way to be, either. Part of the spiritual journey is learning about ourselves, too, I think.
So true

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
I don't consider that I am on a spiritual journey. But, yes, I have changed my views and feel they are now more in line with true knowledge and true facts. This has been a journey and the journey continues. And the journey applies to behavior also, become better, kinder, nicer, gentler. But progress is slow.

mikaylajaylengtt4

Hey, it's been a while since your post, but I wanted to offer some insight. I had a similar experience. And you know what? That's totally okay! It shows that we're actively engaging with our spiritual path, exploring new avenues of understanding. Plus, it's exciting to see how our perspectives evolve over time. So yeah, I've definitely felt those shifts along my own journey.

mikaylajaylengtt4

Hey, it's been a while since your post, but I wanted to offer some insight. I had a similar experience. And you know what? That's totally okay! It shows that we're actively engaging with our spiritual path, exploring new avenues of understanding. Plus, it's exciting to see how our perspectives evolve over time. So yeah, I've definitely felt those shifts along my own journey.
Speaking of spiritual matters, did you know the meaning of seasons? Check it out at The Spiritual Meaning of Seasons: How Nature's Cycles Impact Our Spiritual Growth. I had no idea how much it affects our lives! Pretty interesting, huh?