• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Homosexuality a illness? And how to heal?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
oh no, i have devoted all this time to this work and given all my time to this work.
Hours of your life wasted that you'll never get back. Most people who choose that path simply lie on the couch watching Fox News, with their nose in a bag of pork rinds.

sojourner

nope, not true. i REALLY am devoted to this work. it's almost ALL i do. the rest of what i do is related to science and religion. in a REAL sense, it is my job.
1) Some are "really devoted" to "Family Guy."
2) They watch hours of it.
3) your posts are not indicative of a job that has anything to do with either science, or religion. You certainly haven't posted anything approaching either real science or religion here...

Please, for the love of God, leave these disciplines to the professionals.

sojourner

but i am a professional. they call me an intercession messenger.
The "job" of "prayer partner" doesn't include spreading misinformation on the Internet.

Btw: if you're a professional, you must have credentials you'd like to share? Some sort of recognition from some accrediting body?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I know sufficient for my needs. I'm not homosexual, but my own addiction to sex unfortunately brought me into contact with quite a few homosexuals. From the many that I was exposed to, they are always on the prowl. My own experience gave me an education. So I don't consider myself ignorant on the subject. Besides, I said it was my choice. I prefer to be obedient to God. I've been married, twice... I'm not inclined to want to go down that path again. All things considered, there is little or no benefit to it.

How can you be obedient to God if you married twice?

Ciao

- viole

sojourner

The illness isn't with homosexuality -- it's with society.
The healing will occur when society accepts homosexuals as normal, without bias or prejudice.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
you have to read a little between the lines. the mom did not want her son to date a prince. that's also said at the top of the article. i guess the only way we can agree is to disagree b/c daniel is gay and they don't want a gay son. the mom said so, so hes conditioned to see himself as transgender.
The parent who wrote the original blog did not say that. "Turning the kid transgender because they didn't want a gay kid" is the opinion of a jack *** who you quoted, not the parents who took their child to a therapist, and there is there are no therapists or doctors who would support a sex-change because the parents don't want a gay kid. Those doctors are just as real as Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and unicorns.
Why are more kids coming out as trans you ask? Because today it's much easier to realize we aren't alone, there are others like us, and we are normal. Back when I was a kid, not even 30 years ago, you didn't hear about that much, and when you did, it was very often as a punch line, with disparaging and derogatory remarks, or something like Jerry Springer. You didn't see transpeople portrayed on TV in a positive way, we weren't on dance shows, we weren't making the news, we weren't models, but we were good for painting target signs on a guy so he could have his masculinity ridiculed. Much of the bad still exists today, but today we are much more visible and the support and acceptance is also much more visible and present.

" Leah was full of angst. She didn’t want to be one of those parents who ignored her child’s pleas only to end up with a kid who turns 16 and says, “ ‘OK, I’m done, I want to die,’ ” said Leah, “I don’t want that.” "
That's where I was at 16: miserable, hating the world, hating my life, and having no hope for tomorrow because I was trapped in a life without meaning and satisfaction. And then I became worse-off and started to just not care at all, started drinking too much and done some things I'm not proud of.
Here's how it is supposed to work according to someone who knows:
If you would read what I posted instead of posting your fantasy stories, you would know by now that they do not inject things directly into the brain.
if i'm wrong then you have nothing to worry about because i'm full of hot air. if i'm right then you must flee to the doghouse where there is flea powder.
You're full of more than just hot air. You're oozing with bad information, fallacies, and you aren't even using transsexual and transgender the way the medical and scientific community does, but you claim to know all this stuff that doctors who work with such people go on about, even though it's obvious these "doctors" are from the land of elves and leprechauns.
For the typical religious homophobe, transgender is "wronger" than homosexuality. To them, homosexuals have simply made "a wrong choice" that can be corrected. Transgenders have mutilated their bodies beyond correction. Most religious homophobes simply ignore that gay is "who one is," and that the person is being willfully sinful. To become trans (to them) means that one is denying "who one is," that is, for example, a male who wants to become female. They simply don't believe that one is "born in the wrong body." Therefore, to "put someone in the wrong body," in their reasoning, would be worse than simply to "allow" the gay person to "go on sinning."
Many consider blasphemy because in their minds we are saying that god makes mistakes.
not true. the priests in vatican are said to flog themselves with great joy in pain for the love of jesus. trans are pain personified. gays are not.
That is extremely offensive. A part of the reason I was so miserable is because according to the church god makes us we are supposed to be, we must be heterosexual, and men are not supposed to feminize themselves in any ways, as it is a perversion of god's plans and will. There is very much so a very strong hostility towards transsexuals, transgenders, and gender non-conforming people from many churches and Christians.
I have spent more than a decade studying gender dysphoria and other forms of gender non-conformity. There are many who do believe people transition because they can't handle being gay, but that position is not valid because you will find not a single clinician who will support, condone, or encourage a sex change because someone doesn't want to be homosexual. And the pain that people with gender dysphoria experience, why would anyone bring that on themselves? When many who have gender dysphoria do not transition because they are afraid, why would someone go through a transition when they don't have to? But, it doesn't mater, because they can't. To go on hormones, you have to go to an endocrinologist, and most of them will require a letter of recommendation from a therapist who is certified to practice in areas relating to sex and gender and is also qualified according to the WPATH standards. For surgery, including chest, you must have two letters of recommendation from certified and qualified clinicians. They will not sign these letters for parents who are trying to find a loophole to have a heterosexual kid after all, and your post saying it's so they can still have grand kids shows you haven't researched the subject, at all, because those who transition early can never have their own biological children, and even those who transition after puberty have to take steps, including finding a surrogate mother, to have biological children.
Read the following if you want to learn real information from real doctors.
http://www.wpath.org/uploaded_files/140/files/Standards of Care, V7 Full Book.pdf

sojourner

Many consider blasphemy because in their minds we are saying that god makes mistakes.
I think that's too easy. I don't think anything in the created order is a "mistake," for that relies too heavily on determinism. I think that human beings are very, very complex in terms of our sentience, how we understand ourselves, and how we identify socially, sexually, and individually. I don't pretend to know about the depths of the psychology that deals with transgenderism, but I do understand the depth of human nature, and I'm willing to give people the latitude they need to find adequate self-expression and understanding. I'm not transgender, so I'm stepping out on a limb here, but I think that one is not born the "wrong sex." I think there really is no "right" or "wrong," except as perceived within the individual. I think it's possible for one's psychological proclivities to be in conflict with one's physical sex, but that conflict isn't "wrong," so much as it is a challenge to be worked through. If that challenge takes a path toward reassignment, that's up to the individual, and it should be respected by the community. Human sexuality and identity are way too complex for simple answers and simple solutions.

chevron1

The "job" of "prayer partner" doesn't include spreading misinformation on the Internet.
Btw: if you're a professional, you must have credentials you'd like to share? Some sort of recognition from some accrediting body?

an intercession messenger does not pray. he is a messenger of intercession world, but he does not pray. messengers do not require accreditation. they only convey messages.

chevron1

Only if the original, pagan meaning is usurped. (BTW: the symbolic imagery has NOTHING to do with transgender ism.)

i have not seen this because my video is not working but it looks very interesting: baphomet the transgender god. there are other references to baphomet the transgender god on the net.

sojourner

an intercession messenger does not pray. he is a messenger of intercession world, but he does not pray. messengers do not require accreditation. they only convey messages.
You have no special commission, no special training, no special accreditation. You just do what any religious person does. That's not a "professional."

sojourner

i have not seen this because my video is not working but it looks very interesting: baphomet the transgender god. there are other references to baphomet the transgender god on the net.

Really?! A Youtube video. That's your credible source? Srrsly?!

chevron1

You have no special commission, no special training, no special accreditation. You just do what any religious person does. That's not a "professional."

a professional is someone in a profession, and that includes being a messenger. i am not a religious messenger at all. religion is part of the job but is not the job. besides, would joel osteen need accreditation if he were challenged?

chevron1

Really?! A Youtube video. That's your credible source? Srrsly?!

credible source? baphomet is the transgender god of bisexual utopia. what credible source would you like? he is the official symbol of the church of satan. is that not enough? perhaps you might ask the actress angelina jolie. they say her maleficent resembles startlingly baphomet the great horned goat god of the transgendered.

male-baph.jpg

baphomet.jpg

Last edited:

sojourner

a professional is someone in a profession, and that includes being a messenger. i am not a religious messenger at all. religion is part of the job but is not the job. besides, would joel osteen need accreditation if he were challenged?
No, a professional is one who is recognized by authorities within the profession.
Joel Osteen isn't a professional. He's a hack who dishes out mawkish theology to make money off thousands of people.

sojourner

credible source? baphomet is the transgender god of bisexual utopia. what credible source would you like? he is the official symbol of the church of satan. is that not enough?
No. the Church of Satan is Pagan. Try looking the issue up on Wikipedia. At least that's marginally credible.